I am JAILBROKEN! (NOW WHAT?)

Tethering isn't detectable. No matter what device is using it, it still just shows up as data use. I have tethered a PC, my iPad, and a Kindel in the same hour. Checked my data use online, and all it showed was Data. People get caught or questioned when all the sudden their data use sky rockets.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Are you talking AT&T? I never used more than 2-3 GB/month. I tethered for a couple of days for an "emerency" situation. About 10 days later, I got a text from AT&T that stated I would be removed from the unlimted plan if they detected unauthorized tethering again. It wasn't the spike in usage, it was simply the fact that I had tethered.

JAG72 said:
It is not very common to brick from just rooting the device. Most people think they have bricked their phone when they are just stuck in a boot loop and have to boot into recovery mode to resolve the issue.

That is true enough but even to that extent you don't see the problem with ios and jb.

From my experience it is much easier and less prone to problems.

If for no other reason you are dealing with a few devices at most with ios versus MANY different android devices and aside from the main ones, many don't have the same level of support, which equals more problems reported.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Well I did it, I done and broke out of jail. Even though I was pretty comfortable in jail.

Not sure what I'll do with it, but brightness icons are coming up first. :)

Always easy to go back if you get jittery. Lol. Welcome.

Even as good as ios is, there is room for improvement with anything. This does in fact improve some things. IMO.

Well I did it, I done and broke out of jail. Even though I was pretty comfortable in jail.

Not sure what I'll do with it, but brightness icons are coming up first. :)

Life on the outside is not so bad. Good luck with your device.

Ok, I installed two tweaks: Brightness Icons and WifiIcon. It installed installed something called WinterBoard, but I'll be darned if I know what that is.

I tried to install a tweak that put the brightness controls in the lock screen, it said it installed, but it did not seem to do anything, so I uninstalled it, and just stuck with the icons on the home screen. Not sure if I'll do much more.

BUT iTunes Match and iCloud seems to work, so that "deal-breaker" is gone.

One strange thing. The iPhone is not chagrinning, says battery is 96%. I plug it into the iPhone charger, it says 100%. What's up with that?

Are you talking AT&T? I never used more than 2-3 GB/month. I tethered for a couple of days for an "emerency" situation. About 10 days later, I got a text from AT&T that stated I would be removed from the unlimted plan if they detected unauthorized tethering again. It wasn't the spike in usage, it was simply the fact that I had tethered.

Yes. I tether almost every day. I got the same text from them a few years ago. I was wrapped up in the Mafia Wars crap on FB. It was blocked by web sense at work, so I disconnected from them and tethered with my phone to play. My data use went way above average. I got the text, then called them on it and asked them why they sent it. They claimed they knew I was tethering. Even though I was, I told them I am on an unlimited data plan, and just installed a new Blue Tooth stereo in my truck (I did) and was using Slacker a lot more than I did before. They said, Oh, ok, sorry. Not a peep from them sense. I still tether to my iPad almost every day. So don't know what to tell you about them saying they detected it.

Ok, I installed two tweaks: Brightness Icons and WifiIcon. It installed installed something called WinterBoard, but I'll be darned if I know what that is.

I tried to install a tweak that put the brightness controls in the lock screen, it said it installed, but it did not seem to do anything, so I uninstalled it, and just stuck with the icons on the home screen. Not sure if I'll do much more.

Have to be careful. Not all apps from Cydia work with the latest IOS. Have to do a little leg work sometimes. If your willing to let go 10 bucks, IntelliscreenX is a good one. Check it out. It even comes with a free trial. Also SBSettings as DK has mentioned is a great one, and it's free!!!!

That is true enough but even to that extent you don't see the problem with ios and jb.

From my experience it is much easier and less prone to problems.

If for no other reason you are dealing with a few devices at most with ios versus MANY different android devices and aside from the main ones, many don't have the same level of support, which equals more problems reported.

I do agree that you need to stay with the more mainstream devices.

Ok, I have that intelliscreenx, wifi button and brightness button installed. I think that's it for now. I'll deal with the tethering at some other time. Don't see any compelling reason to install it on my iPad; since I don't really need those features on it.

rockymtnhigh said:
Ok, I have that intelliscreenx, wifi button and brightness button installed. I think that's it for now. I'll deal with the tethering at some other time. Don't see any compelling reason to install it on my iPad; since I don't really need those features on it.

I never jb my iPad either.

Winterboard is probably the most popular tweak from Cydia. It is basically the tweak that allows you to customize your screen, icons, ex to just about any theme or tweak you want. Just about any customize theme (if not, all themes) requires winterboard

I never jb my iPad either.

For myself it is more important that I JB my iPad than my iPhone, and that is mainly because of the location spoof APP that I use when I want to get around the MLB blackout restrictions in order to watch my own local team outside of my house.

OH NO VERIZON! New shared plans announced

Need new phone with storage ... suggestions ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts