I am JAILBROKEN! (NOW WHAT?)

Yes.

JBing does not inhibit the normal functions of the phone. It simply opens up the phone to do more than Apple programmed it to do.

I googled it, and saw several reports of people having problems with iTunes Match after JB.

DO you have iTunes Match and iCloud enabled?

Has anyone else noticed improved battery life since JB?
The charge on my JB phone last longer than the charge on my wife's unjailbroken phone. This is usually the case with every software update and JB even though I have more APPs installed. I just assumed it was because of the Cydia APPs I install that makes it easy for me to turn of features on the phone so it doesn't waste the battery.

I googled it, and saw several reports of people having problems with iTunes Match after JB.

DO you have iTunes Match and iCloud enabled?
I misunderstood what you were asking...my bad. Sometimes a JB may cause problems with some of the features with some people, just as sometimes software updates do the same. Usually there will be a Cydia update that corrects these issues.

Since people have been reporting problems, then it is probably an issue that needs to be addressed for those that use it before they JB.

DodgerKing said:
The charge on my JB phone last longer than the charge on my wife's unjailbroken phone. This is usually the case with every software update and JB even though I have more APPs installed. I just assumed it was because of the Cydia APPs I install that makes it easy for me to turn of features on the phone so it doesn't waste the battery.

Real test will be this coming week back at work when I'm streaming music. We shall see but I remember last time it was better and it Is much better than a typical Saturday unjailbroken.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Just did my iPad. I did not realize my iPad was still on 5.0.1.

Didn't matter anyway since there is nothing that 5.1 brings to the iPad1 that 5.0 already brought.

I misunderstood what you were asking...my bad. Sometimes a JB may cause problems with some of the features with some people, just as sometimes software updates do the same. Usually there will be a Cydia update that corrects these issues.

Since people have been reporting problems, then it is probably an issue that needs to be addressed for those that use it before they JB.
Cydia is just add-on tools to enhance a JB phone. You can JB and *never* use Cydia.

I would blame "user error" ;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

One APP you definitely want to install from Cydia is PKGBackup. This makes it so easy to reinstall all of your Cydia APPs and Tweaks, as well as your device settings and configuration after you do a JB.

Cydia is just add-on tools to enhance a JB phone. You can JB and *never* use Cydia.

I would blame "user error" ;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Cydia provides access to repositiries of apps. I suppose you could JB and never use it but w/out it or a similar app you lose much of the incentive to JB. But to each their own.

Pepper said:
First thing you want to do is add the www.pepper.net repo (mine) and install a little tweak called FakeClockUp. It reduces the animation delays and makes the phone feel faster.

Jailbreak QA is a good resource for lots of talk about it.

Added it. It might be a little too fast. :) but I'll probably get used to it eventually.

Can you tell us how many countless hours you had to spend re-configuring your device after rooting/JB'ing it ? Also, what doesn't work now ? :neener

Some people are sold on the Apple experience. They cannot imagine modifying the device in any way and in fact are somewhat shocked that others would consider it. I don't happen to agree but to each their own.

JB mine again yesterday, and added back some stuff that I missed. MyWy, IntelliScreenx, ect. There is a dialer that I was using before that I need to find again.

Worth doing IMO, and really easy to do, and undo.

You need Pkgbackup.

OH NO VERIZON! New shared plans announced

Need new phone with storage ... suggestions ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)