I did it, they are coming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would love to. It up in the air now.

I can Pay $99 for the MRV, or Pay $199 for the HR-24.
Not sure yet.
I have 2 other dvrs right now so, not a big issue yet.:)

Welcome to Direc...Rather welcome back Hemi.

I have both systems.

I will agree that the picture is better on Direc.
Only slightly..

However have you seen the new 922? Its in a class by itself.
Ive had it for about a week. Im blown away.

Not sure you will love going from a 722 to an HR23..
I have both. My hr23 is used strictly for sports.
Picture really is that good.

But i cant stand how slow direcs recievers are. Hopefully they will improve that.
I do like the quick guide feature. Plus software downloads.

I like both services...They each have a purpose..

In my case..
Dish-main unit
Direc-total sports

I think my favorite Direc feature is the app..Best app to record programming.

Not sure you will love going from a 722 to an HR23..

I don't love it. Thats why I'm hanging on to my 722k for another month.
Lets just say I'm not surprised I how D* equipment responds.
Brings back memorys.:eek:

One thing no povider can seem to compair to is VIP HD DVRS.:)

But fee's,Eastern arc,and the lack of notice E* gives its customers about channel moves,drops,rate increases has reached its limit with me.

Hemi, remember that if to you want to enable the 30 second skip, you have to do a search. So go Menu -> Smart Search then enter 30SKIP. Then hit the red button for keyword search. Then choose all. You won't get a match but the 30 second skip will be active. If you want to go back to 30 second slip then search for 30SLIP instead.

You think $ 3 p/m is fair when the others give it to you free ?
Who gives it for free?

Dish Network???, HA HA thats the funnest thing I heard all week.:haha:haha
To have HD in the 2nd room with DVR is worth $3.
But not sure why anyone would pay $5 for the addtional receiver,and another $3 on MRV, When you might as well get another HD DVR and only pay $5 per month.

Last edited:
Hemi, remember that if to you want to enable the 30 second skip, you have to do a search. So go Menu -> Smart Search then enter 30SKIP. Then hit the red button for keyword search. Then choose all. You won't get a match but the 30 second skip will be active. If you want to go back to 30 second slip then search for 30SLIP instead.

Who gives it for free?

But not sure why anyone would pay $5 for the addtional receiver,and another $3 on MRV, When you might as well get another HD DVR and only pay $5 per month.

U Verse does the MRV thing and it is not an extra charge.
Don't know enough about Fios.

Hemi,
You probably already know this , but you can go into the setting and set the Guide to come up with the actual Guide on the first button press instead of the Categories section first.
They use to default to Categories, they may have changed that by now, not sure.

Who gives it for free?

Well, I have two HRs, so I have DVRs on both sets, but I do use MRV some nights so that if we want to finish a show in the bedroom we can even if the bedroom DVR was tied up recording something different than what we were watching. I think it is a useful feature and worth the $3. Others may not.

Hemi,
You probably already know this , but you can go into the setting and set the Guide to come up with the actual Guide on the first button press instead of the Categories section first.
They use to default to Categories, they may have changed that by now, not sure.
:up
Yep did that, and turned off scrolling and Native feature.
Any other tips are welcome.:up

Well, I have two HRs, so I have DVRs on both sets, but I do use MRV some nights so that if we want to finish a show in the bedroom we can even if the bedroom DVR was tied up recording something different than what we were watching. I think it is a useful feature and worth the $3. Others may not.
Yea thats is nice too , But thats an easy fix without MRV. an RF remote and back fed coax.
Yes not HD , But that doesn't bother me.

:up
Yep did that, and turned off scrolling and Native feature.
Any other tips are welcome.:up

Hide SD duplicates is another one you'll want to do if you haven't already.
I turn recording tips off also, but you might find something interesting in them while it's still new to you.

You can turn OFF the sound effects if you want in the Audio section.
I hate the noise if you push the button to far.

I turn OFF the 480i and 480p on my set up under the HD tab, TV Resolution, I DO check the 1080p as well, but you TV has to be able to handle it.

Screen format, I use "Original Format"

Hide SD duplicates is another one you'll want to do if you haven't already.
I turn recording tips off also, but you might find something interesting in them while it's still new to you.

You can turn OFF the sound effects if you want in the Audio section.
I hate the noise if you push the button to far.

I turn OFF the 480i and 480p on my set up under the HD tab, TV Resolution, I DO check the 1080p as well, but you TV has to be able to handle it.

Screen format, I use "Original Format"
Can you leave it on 1080i or 720p Like the Dish VIPs, The Vips Upconvert and down convert as needed to keep the Picture looking normal.
Does the HR's do this too, Or will I have to ajust the format everytime I watch something SD? Because the PQ used to look really grainy when in 1080i mode watching 480i content.
So I used to alway keep my HR 20 in native.
Infact I think the HR20 in Native was faster then this HR23 in Native.

Yes, just choose 720 or 1080 and original format. If I am understanding your question, it will do what you want.

And I agree, the 20 is faster than the other HRs, except the 24 they say. Still not as fast as ViP obviously.

I think it's $99 for installation, getting all the right DECA equipment, switches, receivers, etc and then $3 per month.
Actually, DECA installation appears to be $49 (possibly waived) and the equipment is $99.

NOTE: DECA installation does NOT guarantee any HR24s as other Plus HD receivers can be adapted.

Actually, DECA installation appears to be $49 (possibly waived) and the equipment is $99.

NOTE: DECA installation does NOT guarantee any HR24s as other Plus HD receivers can be adapted.
Your Correct, Its $150 regular price, But they were giving me a discount because I took the H23 as part of the upgrade.

Yes, just choose 720 or 1080 and original format. If I am understanding your question, it will do what you want.

I think your understanding.
So I could leave in on any HD setting and it won't try and upconvert the SD channels? Thats mainly what I don't want.
Sometime SD looks bad when its upcoverted to HD.
You see to many Flaws and it looks like someone turned the Sharp Setting all the way up on your TV.
Thats why I liked the native setting.
But I'll try a few and see.
I noticed there is a lot more cropped content on D*. You can tell what channels are broadcasting in HD ,and which ones D* doesn't have.:)

My Wife Likes Army Wives on Lifetime. She was just watching the recording and D* has Black Bars on the top and bottom, While the 722 was showing full screen HD.

Lets Get These channels going Directv.
Drop some PPV and 1080p.

So I could leave in on any HD setting and it won't try and upconvert the SD channels? Thats mainly what I don't want.
Sometime SD looks bad when its upcoverted to HD.
You either have it set for "native" with SD resolution enabled or it upconverts SD.

You either have it set for "native" with SD resolution enabled or it upconverts SD.

That is correct. I do not think i totally understood the question. If it is not set to native, it outputs every channel at the resolution that you have chosen. 1080/720/480.

I simply leave mine at original format 1080i.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)