I did it, they are coming

Status
Please reply by conversation.
:up
Yep did that, and turned off scrolling and Native feature.
Any other tips are welcome.:up

Categories is a good feature but you'll notice some channels aren't included where you might expect them to be. I use my second favorites list to capture them on the ALL CHANNELS filter:

552 HDNM
229 HGTVHD
240 COMHD
259 UHD
281 HDTH
211 ABCFHD

I wish D would either fix this or give us more favorites lists.

Hey hemi, did you go through 1800 directv to get the deal? Or did you sign up through that number and then call the number in the MLB thread? I'm thinking about biting the bullet and paying the ETF and go to direct

Hey hemi, did you go through 1800 directv to get the deal? Or did you sign up through that number and then call the number in the MLB thread? I'm thinking about biting the bullet and paying the ETF and go to direct
I'm an exsisting customer that signed back up for HD after dropping HD service in January 2008.
The MLB deal I call the special number in the MLB deal Thread.
But to upgrade to HD I called Directv and I got a Deal were I got HD DVR and HD receiver added to my current accout at no charge.
Then Once activated, I got HBO/Cinemax 2 for 1 deal, and the HD extra pack Free for 3 months.

Fantasic HD Picture quaility on MLB Channel Braves and Phillies game right now.

I've been missing out on good HD PQ

I would agree.. PQ quality is outstanding. Watching my Yankees beat the As up in true HD clarity is magnificent!

I do wish the Dvrs were better though. But the picture ''is'' really that good!

A DVR that you dont have to point at to change a channel LOL! I have a Harmony Remote and I have to point to it everytime....Is there a way I can update through D* to make it easier to surf through the channels?

A DVR that you dont have to point at to change a channel LOL! I have a Harmony Remote and I have to point to it everytime....Is there a way I can update through D* to make it easier to surf through the channels?

Pointing your remote is not a D* issue.
IF you use the D* remote, you have a setting for RF, try using that, it works for mine.

As for the Harmony remote, aren't they all IR only ?
IF so, you'll have to point at the recvr, of course you probably knew that .

There are some Harmony remotes which are RF but you would need to use a RF-IR emitter to control the DVR. My Harmony 880 has a pretty wide beam (as do the Directv remotes) so you don't need to point it very accurately, unlike some of the other remotes I have.

I think your understanding.
So I could leave in on any HD setting and it won't try and upconvert the SD channels? Thats mainly what I don't want.
Sometime SD looks bad when its upcoverted to HD.
You see to many Flaws and it looks like someone turned the Sharp Setting all the way up on your TV.
Thats why I liked the native setting.
But I'll try a few and see.
I noticed there is a lot more cropped content on D*. You can tell what channels are broadcasting in HD ,and which ones D* doesn't have.:)

My Wife Likes Army Wives on Lifetime. She was just watching the recording and D* has Black Bars on the top and bottom, While the 722 was showing full screen HD.

Lets Get These channels going Directv.
Drop some PPV and 1080p.

i, for one, is happy to be getting lifetime hd for the above show which i really love.

Well so impressed with the HD PQ, VOD options,and all the features the HD DVRs now offer( Even if its still slow) that I'm set on getting $100 referal credits.

I bugged my sister who has done nothing but complain about Dish Network since she came back from Germany 1 year ago.
She had a basic Top 250 service 5 rooms SD.

I said Call D*, I just signed back up.

Of course she didn't know what to say or ask, so I called.

She got an HD DVR an SD DVR and 3 rooms of SD for free, Plus Choice extra for 1 year at $34.99 ,Free HD extra,Starz and Showtime free for 3 months, She got $100 off NFL Sunday ticket. She wanted that instead of the drawn out credits.
Plus I got $10 per month off for 10 months for a referal.

They are coming out Sunday, I'll be there.
She better not Get HR24, Or I'll be MAD.

I am moving back to Direct tomorrow, I was a long time Direct sub, wanted to see how the other side looked and I just miss some of the choices I had with Direct, and thats the service for me. Not going to slam Dish, they each have pluses for each. I am hoping that a few of the HD channels with Direct will come "soon" I will miss Travel channel in HD, but from what I read its coming soon

Though it will be intresting though, Since I had Direct before my brief switch to Dish, I will be intrested in seeing the HD PQ difference that many talk about, now that I can make that comparison.

Tech is wrapping up. HDDVR, HD Reciever, OLD SD TIVO for the third TV

Awaiting to see the crystal clear HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts