I do not believe their service claims.

markakapops

Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Arkansas
Here is the truth about Dish, if you have a problem that can be handled by their application or automated phone system , your fine, if you dont , they are impossible to get on the phone, I have been trying for 3 days. The do not have a quick way to access a customer service human being. It also appears that you can not order a pay per view movie unless you have a high speed internet connection. This may or may not be true but this is the question I have been trying to get answered for the last 3 days. I tried their app but it says it dosnt know me by my phone number, yet when I call their phone number the automated system has no problem identifying me. I also would like to know if I was charged for the movie I tried to rent this weekend, you see my internet service failed in the middle of the download. Dont know , and they dont have a menu choice for that one so I am out of luck. Say what you want about Direct TV but I never had a problem getting a human on the phone with that company.

Here is the truth about Dish, if you have a problem that can be handled by their application or automated phone system , your fine, if you dont , they are impossible to get on the phone, I have been trying for 3 days. The do not have a quick way to access a customer service human being. It also appears that you can not order a pay per view movie unless you have a high speed internet connection. This may or may not be true but this is the question I have been trying to get answered for the last 3 days. I tried their app but it says it dosnt know me by my phone number, yet when I call their phone number the automated system has no problem identifying me. I also would like to know if I was charged for the movie I tried to rent this weekend, you see my internet service failed in the middle of the download. Dont know , and they dont have a menu choice for that one so I am out of luck. Say what you want about Direct TV but I never had a problem getting a human on the phone with that company.

Call 800-333-3474, enter your phone number, enter your pin, press 5, then press 3. That will get you a US call center. I usually get Denver or Tulsa.

I have never had a problem getting a real human on the phone from DISH. And majority do a good job working the issue.

Say what you want about Direct TV but I never had a problem getting a human on the phone with that company.

Here is what I have to say about DirecTV:

"I have had more issues with customer support as a DirecTV customer than I have as a Dish customer. That said, I so rarely have had to call Dish, it is probably not a fair comparison."

Of course, both DirecTV and Dish are far superior in customer service as compared to cable companies.

you can not order a pay per view movie unless you have a high speed internet connection.

PPV movies that are on a numbered channel in your guide can be ordered by phone, through the Dish app or Dish website, unless something has changed. The Video On Demand PPV movies do require an internet connection and without it you wouldn't be able to stream them.

PPV movies that are on a numbered channel in your guide can be ordered by phone, through the Dish app or Dish website, unless something has changed. The Video On Demand PPV movies do require an internet connection and without it you wouldn't be able to stream them.
The VOD on channel 1 and 501 should be able to be ordered the same way, with the order ID.

I called Dish CS yesterday to resolve an error I was getting when trying to add the multi-sport package to my account online. The "Configurator" error insisted I could not receive the 61.5 sat at my location and would not add the package. I called in and with just a few button presses was speaking with a US based CSR that was both professional and friendly. I told her I was currently watching a program on 61.5, so the error made no sense. Within a couple of minutes, she found the problem and did some sort of account reset that then let her add the package. I had her verify that my Outdoor account was flagged for both arcs just to make sure, and it was. All in all it was a pleasant experience...

I called Dish CS yesterday to resolve an error I was getting when trying to add the multi-sport package to my account online. The "Configurator" error insisted I could not receive the 61.5 sat at my location and would not add the package. I called in and with just a few button presses was speaking with a US based CSR that was both professional and friendly. I told her I was currently watching a program on 61.5, so the error made no sense. Within a couple of minutes, she found the problem and did some sort of account reset that then let her add the package. I had her verify that my Outdoor account was flagged for both arcs just to make sure, and it was. All in all it was a pleasant experience...
I would imagine the system used is the same as when I was there. It is a literal verification from the customer of which satellites or systems they use, and then we would select the check boxes and hit save. To be honest, I am unsure as to why those tags were even necessary considering the ability to move yourself whenever.

I would imagine the system used is the same as when I was there. It is a literal verification from the customer of which satellites or systems they use, and then we would select the check boxes and hit save. To be honest, I am unsure as to why those tags were even necessary considering the ability to move yourself whenever.

That sounds similar to what she described, Chad, but of course I couldn't see what was on her screen. She did ask how I knew the channel I was on was from 61.5, so I said I had hit "Info, Recall" on my remote to verify it. She said "Great! Not many people know about that." I told her I probably read about it on the SatelliteGuys forum. :)

Lol!!! The fact that she responded that way, well she sounds like one of the good ones. Glad it got worked out for you, tentatively.

**edit for a very terrible autocorrect caught after the fact

Last edited:
She was really quite personable, and we even had a short discussion about RV life with a satellite dish. I never felt like she was rushing to get me off the phone. I rarely have any reason to call in, but it's nice to have a good experience when I do.

Well you got some advice how to get through. Maybe they have alot of calls of people returning to their flooded homes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)