I downgraded my internet speed package save $$$

I'm curious how Orby "enabled" the speed/price cut?

Same here...I'm waiting the installer to get my 150mbps/150mbps fiber hopefully today. After 10 years of DSL (6meg down, 0.5meg up), I canceled that in March for LTE, with 20mbps down, 10mbps up...then I found out that fiber was coming in May and have been trying to patiently wait on that... I want as much speed as I can possibly get...but I do a LOT more than just streaming. Between PS4 gaming, mining crypto, trading crypto, testing various routers with custom images...I gotta have vrrooom vrrooom internet...

Orby is a smaller satellite provider isn't it? Heard of it, mostly around here, but never looked into it.
I think my options for TV are abundant and plentiful. Currently I'm using Dish, Netflix, hulu, Sling orange + sling blue with 4 for $10 and some other $5 add-on that I don't remember...
I think that's it for me...but I have options. Not really sure of the total cost in all of those added up...hasn't been an issue.

Broadband in my area is expensive vs the slow speeds we get. It does not make sense to stream here.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Ah, ok that makes sense then. I just wasn't making a connection between the sat and Internet services. We have a Spectrum 30 Mbps service at our NY cottage, and two cell hotspot services for our motorhome that also average around 30 Mbps, and they all work fine for us, including streaming when we want it.

I believe here and where we are in Ct Spectrum starts at 100MBPs so there is no lower service or economy service.

I believe here and where we are in Ct Spectrum starts at 100MBPs so there is no lower service or economy service.

There is, but it has income restrictions-

DFC85323-9D37-4C5E-93B0-BDA66418AC10.png

How many users?

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

4 and two of them are streaming most of the time.

In my town we only have two internet choices Cox and Frontier.

I was paying Cox $140 a month for 300 mb service. They they cut my bandwidth cap from two TB to one and we were going over that (close to two tb) and my bill was around $20 a month.

Moved to slower Frontier where they have no data cap and have been surprised at how good it’s been working.

Let’s be honest with the 300 mb connection the only time I saw those speeds was when I was doing a Speedtest.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Back when I got our grandfathered TWC "Senior Access" unlimited data plan, all I had to do was show them my drivers license to prove I was over 65. No income or other info was needed. As I said, 30 Mbps works fine for us with two users, and at $14.99/mo, it's certainly budget friendly. Our next cheapest service is AT&T's grandfathered unlimited data "Connected Car Plan" (Mobley/hotspot) at $23.49/mo, and the most expensive is Verizon's grandfathered prepaid unlimited data hotspot plan at $65/mo. Those are all "all-in" prices, with no additional fees or taxes.

Cox keeps trying to get me to upgrade. I'm fine with 150/10. I push the 1TB data cap each month, but I have no other choices, other than 3Mbps DSL from Windstream. It's not much savings to go down to the lower Cox tier as long as I have tv bundled in with my Tivo's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts