I finally did it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ryotgz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
USA
I took the plunge and scheduled an installation date for July 17. Getting two DVRs and noted they need to be HR24s or to reschedule for when they will be HR24s. Used bing cashback and should get about $40 back which covers my E* ETF.

I took the plunge and scheduled an installation date for July 17. Getting two DVRs and noted they need to be HR24s or to reschedule for when they will be HR24s. Used bing cashback and should get about $40 back which covers my E* ETF.

Funny, I did almost the exact same thing this morning! Except no Bing cash back because I wanted the AAA discount. Now to see if I get HR-24s tomorrow or not.

Funny, I did almost the exact same thing this morning! Except no Bing cash back because I wanted the AAA discount. Now to see if I get HR-24s tomorrow or not.

I thought about signing up for AAA since the discount was greater than the annual fee. But was too much hassle for that and I got a referral from my boss who just got D*.

Ok, is it just my perception or have there been an increase of Dish subs switching to DirecTV recently? Sure has seemed that way. I'm curious as to the timing of the trend. I don't keep track of any Dish activities so I was wondering if something had changed over there.

Ok, is it just my perception or have there been an increase of Dish subs switching to DirecTV recently? Sure has seemed that way. I'm curious as to the timing of the trend. I don't keep track of any Dish activities so I was wondering if something had changed over there.

I think that the fact that Charlie UPed the price of the recvrs out of the world did it most.
The same recvrs that are $ 5 p/m at D* (addl.'s) are now $14- $18 EACH per month, that would be MY guess.

Some people are mad about them having to turn off Disney HD and other related channels until an agreement is reached. For me it is local HD was announced last November and never came. And the wife wants our "real" locals without "moving" and doesn't care if they are in HD. I want my locals in HD so we are going Direct since Insight HD is horrid.

Some people are mad about them having to turn off Disney HD and other related channels until an agreement is reached. For me it is local HD was announced last November and never came. And the wife wants our "real" locals without "moving" and doesn't care if they are in HD. I want my locals in HD so we are going Direct since Insight HD is horrid.

My reason is the new receivers. I liked the service when I had it but what set Dish apart from Direct were the VIP's. Would have switched totally to Direct when I had both but the receivers then were awful. I like sports and it seemed like a good fit but again the boxes were terrible. Then along comes the HR24 and things have changed drastically. Will be switching totally to Direct this weekend!!

The fact that Direct has MRV didn't hurt my decision.:)

Glad to hear of someone else taking advantage of BING. I'm amazed how no one is taking advantage of it....though I understand some have very little in initial hardware and installation costs or have a need to order it over the phone (like AAA).

I noticed you said your getting $40 back.....that would be from the 2nd HD-DVR @ $100. Did you not also have the TV Internet Connection Service ($25) on there to connect your DECA cloud to the internet? If so, then you should be getting back $110.

If it doesn't show up in the next day or two in your cashback account as pending, take your order and save it as a PDF and submit it as a ticket to BING and they'll take care it very quickly.

GOOD LUCK and CONGRATS!

Jason

Congrats ... as an ex-E* customer for years you will love the HR24's and MRV. I was tired of waiting for my HD locals and being lied to. Also love my three RSN's in HD 24 /7. Seems like a lot of ex Dish people here and all seem to be happy! Welcome to D*!!!

Anyone else wanting to take bing up on there offer has one more month. I believe the last date is still July 30th

Cashback offers will end on July 30. People who have earned rebates have a year to redeem them.

Anyone else wanting to take bing up on there offer has one more month. I believe the last date is still July 30th

So, I believe that as long as your ORDER is placed by July 30th, you should be good. But for my piece of mind, I'd have it INSTALLED by then to be on the safe side. They do charge your card at the time of the order, so I don't think it matter....but again, INSTALLED by July 30th is your safest best.

You can either request a check or have the funds deposited into your PayPal account.

I noticed you said your getting $40 back.....that would be from the 2nd HD-DVR @ $100. Did you not also have the TV Internet Connection Service ($25) on there to connect your DECA cloud to the internet? If so, then you should be getting back $110.

If it doesn't show up in the next day or two in your cashback account as pending, take your order and save it as a PDF and submit it as a ticket to BING and they'll take care it very quickly.

Yep, getting that from the second DVR. I already ran cat 5e (or cat 6 - don't remember) to the TV a while back. So no need there. The purchase isn't on there yet, but I didn't expect it to show until I got it installed. If its not there in a few days I'll shoot them an email.

Thanks everyone. I believe I will enjoy it. Just hope E! HD and G4 HD come along soon.

Congrats ... as an ex-E* customer for years you will love the HR24's and MRV. I was tired of waiting for my HD locals and being lied to. Also love my three RSN's in HD 24 /7. Seems like a lot of ex Dish people here and all seem to be happy! Welcome to D*!!!

I know exactly what you mean. I remember seeing you post about the Davenport locals just like I was when they said Evansville would be "coming soon". They never came and will be surprised when they do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)