I get some of the new channels, but not all of them!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greaser00

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
I get Discovery, Animal Planet, Weather Channel, but I can't get a signal on CNN, NFL, and some others. What is wrong?

I did restart the receiver and the ones I don't get say "searching for a signal".

Check your signal strength. It's possible you may need your dish re-peaked. I'm guessing that a txp hosting the channels has a really low reading (below 70).

I ended up having to re-aim my dish, even after I had another installer come out. I've managed to get 80s-90s on all 103(b) txprs.

I'm having the same problem. NFL Network HD is freezing when it finds the signal it looks like. Sometimes nothing ever shows up. Some of my channels work fine, but the NFL and some others aren't. Its weird because I turned to the test channel on 9300 this morning and they were broadcasting NFL HD fine. I turn to 212 and it can't even come in. Not sure whats up.

I'm guessing my signal strength is not up to par.

Hi, First post on this board for me.

I've been having signal problems with 103b for about a week (since they started testing 103b). I called D* today and after much trouble shooting over the phone they are coming out to re-peak my dish on monday.

my numbers are horrible:
Tuner #1
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 17 n/a n/a
0 n/a n/a n/a n/a 24 n/a n/a

Tuner#2
0 21 0 18 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 17 0 n/a n/a
0 n/a n/a n/a n/a 21 n/a n/a

Welcome Gary.
Your numbers are way to low. When you get a re-peak of the dish, you will be very happy:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts