I hate the new remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nor am I. What exactly can you not do with the new one that you could with the old?

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

The 4 color buttons are gone except for the red one.

Volume up and Down and Channel change buttons are poor at best.
Why would you move the RECORD button OUT of the rest of the DVR function buttons ?

Very cramped if you ask me.

IF it would work with the old remotes in RF mode, I would have a 44 by now.
I just don't like it.

I never used the color buttons but I thought (may be wrong) that the functionality was still there just different.

I thought the volume channel buttons were dinky at first and not likely to hold up, but they've grown on me.

Personally, imo the 44 is so superior to any other D* box that I'd live with the remote or go with a universal of some sort.

I never used the color buttons but I thought (may be wrong) that the functionality was still there just different.

I thought the volume channel buttons were dinky at first and not likely to hold up, but they've grown on me.

Personally, imo the 44 is so superior to any other D* box that I'd live with the remote or go with a universal of some sort.

The functions of the colored buttons are still there. Depending on which menu you are in the "dash" button brings up the functions.

RC65RX here in RF mode on a H24.

I will admit RF mode is not as instantly responsive as IR mode but RF mode allows me to hide my receiver.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Personally, imo the 44 is so superior to any other D* box

This is said about ALL D* boxes when they first come out ... same was said about the HR 34 when compared to the HR24, now the 34 is looked as poor in comparision to many ... that said, some have great success using the 34's ...
I have 24s at the moment and they are working fine and rarely give me any issues ... that said, remote response can ALWAYS be better, regardless.

This is said about ALL D* boxes when they first come out ..

I wouldn't say that. After the hr-20 I never heard anyone say that a subsequent box was better until the 24.

Most that said the 34 was better than the 24 based that on tuner additions.

That said, the 44 is hands down the best D* box available. It has the tuner count of the 34 and speed far above any D* receiver and is on par and in some cases faster than anything dish offers.

I wouldn't say that. After the hr-20 I never heard anyone say that a subsequent box was better until the 24.

Most that said the 34 was better than the 24 based that on tuner additions.

That said, the 44 is hands down the best D* box available. It has the tuner count of the 34 and speed far above any D* receiver and is on par and in some cases faster than anything dish offers.

Awhile back you heard people bitching about the 24's , they weren't as fast as Dish .... Big deal.
Theres a lot of stuff Dish doesn't do as well.

You are correct ... there was a slew of not very good recvrs between the HR20 and the 24, but once the 24s came out you heard that regularly.

I held on to my 20's for MANY years till after the 24s came out actually, the 20's had an OTA tuner, that was a big reason and the ones in between were dogs for the most part.

hated that new remote gave it a week. the only plus was the range of it in RF mode a monster compared to other DTV receivers. did not need it outside my man cave so used a old rc32 IR remote i had around. very happy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)