i just coennected my 722k to broadnand

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cj9788

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Miami, FL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now what? i realiy noticed little changhed. What is the purpsoe, potential? Am I am missing. I am sure tfrere are threadsd out that could answer nswr my qustions, but there where over 300 of em. I feel like i just connected a fancy phone line.

Now you're dish is connected - which before meant a $5 monthly savings, but not any more (they got rid of the fee, not the discount). But as already mentioned - you now have access to Dish On-demand. I didn't think much of this, as it just came with Comcast. But then I got thinking of it, and my Comcast internet was through the coaxile that my cable was coming from. Well, with Dish - you have to provide the internet to get the ondemand stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now what? i realiy noticed little changhed. What is the purpsoe, potential? Am I am missing. I am sure tfrere are threadsd out that could answer nswr my qustions, but there where over 300 of em. I feel like i just connected a fancy phone line.
That is pretty much what you have done. The receiver can now access Dish Cinema on-line, which contains thousands of movies and shows. You can pay your bill with the remote or order PPV. You will also be able to access your DVR through your on-line account and enjoy any of the following:
Browse and search the program guide
* Create timers
* Delete timers (IP only)
* Manage your DVR library (IP only)
* Manage recording conflicts (IP only)
* Control recording priorities
* Watch TV or DVR recordings with a connected Slingbox or using SlingLoaded Remote Viewing (IP only)
Good Luck and please let us know if you have any questions!!

Also, several TV series available for streaming download. I have had occasion to use the Online service when I missed (an occasional DVR hiccup or scheduling screw-up) a show or started watching after the first episode. Fortunately, the episodes I missed were available and in HD. Those were free.

Some content comes with a price, while others are free. I believe that HD Platinum subs get access to selected movies free of charge while other subs must pay. Now, while the movie library is quite extensive, I don't use the service that often because it may not have the TV content I am interested in that Amazon or Netfilx do and not nearly enough in HD, the vast majority is SD. However, what it does offer has come in very handy for my diet of History, Science, and Discover.

It takes a little bit of time to fully populate, so check things again in a day. For TV, they are organized by channel. However, the current service lacks a lot of content that Amazon and Neflix have, but I think that is why Dish bought Blockbuster, for they have a lot more TV shows than Dish currently has.

Also, several TV series available for streaming download. I have had occasion to use the Online service when I missed (an occasional DVR hiccup or scheduling screw-up) a show or started watching after the first episode. Fortunately, the episodes I missed were available and in HD. Those were free.

Some content comes with a price, while others are free. I believe that HD Platinum subs get access to selected movies free of charge while other subs must pay. Now, while the movie library is quite extensive, I don't use the service that often because it may not have the TV content I am interested in that Amazon or Netfilx do and not nearly enough in HD, the vast majority is SD. However, what it does offer has come in very handy for my diet of History, Science, and Discover.

It takes a little bit of time to fully populate, so check things again in a day. For TV, they are organized by channel. However, the current service lacks a lot of content that Amazon and Neflix have, but I think that is why Dish bought Blockbuster, for they have a lot more TV shows than Dish currently has.

That's the problem I was having you have to wait for it to populate every time you try to access it with the 722k I am using.To me it wasn't worth it so I just disconnected the ethernet connection.:rant::mad:

That is pretty much what you have done. The receiver can now access Dish Cinema on-line, which contains thousands of movies and shows. You can pay your bill with the remote or order PPV. You will also be able to access your DVR through your on-line account and enjoy any of the following:
Browse and search the program guide
* Create timers
* Delete timers (IP only)
* Manage your DVR library (IP only)
* Manage recording conflicts (IP only)
* Control recording priorities
* Watch TV or DVR recordings with a connected Slingbox or using SlingLoaded Remote Viewing (IP only)
Good Luck and please let us know if you have any questions!!

For some reason I can't figure out what "IP only" means...would someone out there be so kind as to jostle my brain please?

Ghpr13:confused:

For some reason I can't figure out what "IP only" means...would someone out there be so kind as to jostle my brain please?

Ghpr13:confused:
Sorry, The Internet Protocol (IP) is the principal communications protocol used for relaying datagrams (packets) across an internetwork using the Internet Protocol Suite. Responsible for routing packets across network boundaries, it is the primary protocol that establishes the Internet. I hope that helps, mainly it is only available over the internet connection!

Sorry, The Internet Protocol (IP) is the principal communications protocol used for relaying datagrams (packets) across an internetwork using the Internet Protocol Suite. Responsible for routing packets across network boundaries, it is the primary protocol that establishes the Internet. I hope that helps, mainly it is only available over the internet connection!

Mary,
Thank you. I don't why I didn't realize that...my birthday is next week...I guess it's just old age...or Mad Cow!

Ghpr13:)

Don't feel bad I connected my 222 to broadband and it does absolutely nothing!! Not even VOD. I thought maybe when I went to use the customer support app on ch 100 it would use broadband connection but NO still uses phone line and it still cannot connect to dish keep saying to try again later and of course later never comes. BTW if you have recently "upgraded" to EA dish half the available features are missing compared to my old 110/119/61.5 setup.

And before anyone asks diagnostics says both phone and broadband connections are fine even dish website shows me it's connected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)