I just got U703 on my HWS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I wonder why Dish jumped to the 700's on the firmware, when they had 50 more numbers left in the 200's. I noticed the changed the moving wallpaper and added a few apps and a few fixes, and probably some breaks, but it is not a new UI.

Scott, any answers?

For a few days my OTA reception improved---no breakups or other issues even on the Joeys. Then it went back to the way ot was. This AM my joeys would tot work. I will do some fiffling when I get home but I think i am up the creek.
Ever since the upgrade the OTA picture on my HWS suffers a periodic momentary stutter or freeze. It only lasts a second or less but happens fairly regularly. Is this unique to me?

Reactions: Cypresstree
I wonder why Dish jumped to the 700's on the firmware, when they had 50 more numbers left in the 200's. I noticed the changed the moving wallpaper and added a few apps and a few fixes, and probably some breaks, but it is not a new UI.

Scott, any answers?
Well, let's see, Hopper Duo software is in the 600's, so maybe they wanted to indicate that the HWS is "better" than the Hopper Duo. ;)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Ever since the upgrade the OTA picture on my HWS suffers a periodic momentary stutter or freeze. It only lasts a second or less but happens fairly regularly. Is this unique to me?

My OTA has been relatively stable now with 703 and with previous release. Enough to where we don’t mind the occasional pixelation. We no longer subscribe to dish locals...

Though we have near 100% signal - I’m certain that atmospheric conditions are to blame for some of the pixelation. The ota software is just not sophisticated enough to handle the momentary signal loss.

I think it is about as good as we can expect till they move to a new tuner and hopefully completely new software.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I still can’t watch ota on my Joeys unless I tune the hopper to an ota station. Been like this for a year. Frankly I am beyond ticked off at this point.

Be careful what you wish for. Remember what CUI did to us all.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Why should w e have to settle??

Trying to watch an ota recording on either of my HWS is terrible. It used to be fine before all of Dish's tinkering
Prices continue to increase yet the product is cheapened by Dish, even though they claim to be the industry leader in technology

Why should w e have to settle??

Trying to watch an ota recording on either of my HWS is terrible. It used to be fine before all of Dish's tinkering
Prices continue to increase yet the product is cheapened by Dish, even though they claim to be the industry leader in technology
They are. Directv's software has gone downhill since then, too. :p

Scott, any answers?
I just got the 703 update early this morning. Since I'm new here has anyone or is there a place to look up all the updates and what they mean.

You’re there.

Sadly, Dish does not post such anymore. Some of us detect changes and post them, but that’s about as far as it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have two HWS that played nicely with each other until an update sometime this June. After that point in time, if the upstairs HWS was playing back content recorded on the downstairs HWS, the STOP function would pause for a second or two and then resume playing, the PAUSE function would do something similar, the rewind 10 sec. would jump forward, and the 30 sec. jump forward would to my best estimate jump forward 5-10 sec. instead of 30 sec. Same behavior when downstairs viewing upstairs recorded content.

We just put up with it until now because of other priorities. Just checked and both HWS currently have the 703 software. Any ideas?

Update: My Hopper 2's (HWS) have a date of 8/8/2018 as the U703 update.

PS: In continuing to review threads in reverse order, I came across the thread titled
"U521 software update". Post #2 mentions an update that should have fixed my described problem.

PSS: Question: Is the phrase "trick play" supposed to be the functions I described as being haywire?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)