I just got U703 on my HWS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm using two Hopper Slings.

I'm using two Hopper/Slings also, and I just tested watching a recording on one DVR from the other one. Unlike previously, it now works exactly as it should, pausing and continuing the recording normally, and pressing "Stop" brings up the "Resume/Delete/Start Over/DVR/Live TV" screen. Selecting "Live TV" did exactly what it said. I don't expect pushing the "Stop" button a second time to do anything at that point. Pressing "Play" resumes the playback as expected. Pressing "Pause" freezes the playback, and pressing it again restarts it, as does pressing "Play". The 30 second jump ahead and 10 second jump back are also working correctly across DVR's now. As far as I've seen so far, U703 has fixed all of the previous cross-DVR issues, with the controls working the same regardless of which DVR has the recording on it. If you're still having problems, the only thing I can suggest is making sure both HWS have updated to U703. I don't know how well it works if only one of the two has updated, since I didn't test that situation.

I'm using two Hopper/Slings also, and I just tested watching a recording on one DVR from the other one. Unlike previously, it now works exactly as it should, pausing and continuing the recording normally, and pressing "Stop" brings up the "Resume/Delete/Start Over/DVR/Live TV" screen. Selecting "Live TV" did exactly what it said. I don't expect pushing the "Stop" button a second time to do anything at that point. Pressing "Play" resumes the playback as expected. Pressing "Pause" freezes the playback, and pressing it again restarts it, as does pressing "Play". The 30 second jump ahead and 10 second jump back are also working correctly across DVR's now. As far as I've seen so far, U703 has fixed all of the previous cross-DVR issues, with the controls working the same regardless of which DVR has the recording on it. If you're still having problems, the only thing I can suggest is making sure both HWS have updated to U703. I don't know how well it works if only one of the two has updated, since I didn't test that situation.

I just tried again and while watching a recorded program from the other room and pressing "Stop" I noticed that sometimes the "Resume/Delete/Start Over/DVR/Live TV" popup will not appear. Both receivers are on U703.

Reactions: JSheridan
It looks like Dish finally fixed the EHD problem, where you have to exit the EHD and re-enter the EHD to watch a program The only problem is that now it will not let you exit the EHD, I exit, clear, and any other method that I could find, but when I try to enter the DVR on the HWS, it takes me directly to the EHD. Maybe it will stabilze overnight. We shall see. At least I got 703 now for what good it did.

I just found that I can go to other devices while stuck in EHD 1 or 2 and click on HWS Living Room 1 and it will return to the HWS dvr drive.

It looks like Dish finally fixed the EHD problem, where you have to exit the EHD and re-enter the EHD to watch a program The only problem is that now it will not let you exit the EHD, I exit, clear, and any other method that I could find, but when I try to enter the DVR on the HWS, it takes me directly to the EHD. Maybe it will stabilze overnight. We shall see. At least I got 703 now for what good it did.

I just found that I can go to other devices while stuck in EHD 1 or 2 and click on HWS Living Room 1 and it will return to the HWS dvr drive.
You need to go back to Other Devices and select your Hopper. The old way automatically went back to the the Hopper’s HD even if you wanted to remain on the EHD.

Reactions: HipKat
I just tried again and while watching a recorded program from the other room and pressing "Stop" I noticed that sometimes the "Resume/Delete/Start Over/DVR/Live TV" popup will not appear. Both receivers are on U703.

I haven't seen that yet, but I have noticed that sometimes only the "Resume/Delete/Start Over/DVR/Live TV" comes up, and other times it comes with the other recorded episodes listed below it. I haven't found any consistency to that.

Reactions: pattykay
Well, 703 is another dog.

I’m on my MBR HWS and accessed an EHD to watch a show. Commercial appears. I hit skip fwd six times, as I usually do, to get past all or most.

It crawled forward. It did skip, but oh so slowly. About as slowly as skip a heads using Dish Anywhere remotely.

All the trick plays work slowly on the EHD. And this is like day 3 on the 703 release.

Functional, just not as useable.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I also found that the first time each day when I access the EHD and play a program, the program starts in a small box in the top right corner with the remainder of the screen black. I had to push a bunch of buttons to get it to return to full screen. Do'nt remember which button finally worked.

My skip forward works, it skips instantly.

Reactions: navychop
I also found that the first time each day when I access the EHD and play a program, the program starts in a small box in the top right corner with the remainder of the screen black. I had to push a bunch of buttons to get it to return to full screen. Do'nt remember which button finally worked.
Hit the Info button and then cancel out...

Yes. Same here. I exited the program and reentered and the problem was still there.

I think I went back to the DVR HDD and then back to the EHD, but I too am not sure exactly what I did

Sigh. If only FiOS wasn’t so expensive.

Yes. Same here. I exited the program and reentered and the problem was still there.

I think I went back to the DVR HDD and then back to the EHD, but I too am not sure exactly what I did

Sigh. If only FiOS wasn’t so expensive.

FIOS supports EHD's?

FIOS supports EHD's?

Only one model does/did, no longer available.

The game plan was to drop to Welcome or some other minimal Dish pkg so we could watch our saved stuff on EHDs. FiOS for main viewing.

Yes, requires a major change of habit.

Reactions: pattykay
I think that I like the HWS remaining in the last used EHD. since more than often that is the EHD that the next to watch program is in. Good move Dish.
I think it is a good idea too. But my EHD trick play is not working right for my Hopper 3s. It is behaving like before this update for the other Hopper.

For a few days my OTA reception improved---no breakups or other issues even on the Joeys. Then it went back to the way ot was. This AM my joeys would tot work. I will do some fiffling when I get home but I think i am up the creek.

Reactions: ekilgus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts