I just signed up.

I just called Installs Inc and was told that they are not doing the install. Instead its a company called 3 O'Clock Installations.

Anyone heard of this company?

I called the number for 3 O Clock and got an answering machine. Almost sounds like a 1 man shop.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am just getting VOOM for the HD channels, not the basic cable fair.

So Scott,

Are you on the 39.95 + 9.50 deal? Or is there an option for just HD?

Hey guys, I just jumped on the VOOM bandwagon. I went with 2 receivers and the $0 down option. My install is for Saturday the 13th between 8-12. As soon as VOOM picks up HDNET, Dish is history.

I Just Signed Up!

Fast March 15 install date. Coastal Cali. My dish farm will be pretty crowded - C-Band, 2-DISH, OTA, and VOOM.

Since I've been a lingtime DISH customer, I haven't had to buy any packages, only the HD-pack only. My networks I still get on C-Band. This will be sweet - VOOM for all their HD and SD channels, DISH as a supplement, and C-Band for all those sweet backhauls.

Keep ya all posted.

I just signed up for VOOM today. I'll cross my fingers and hope everything goes okay with the install. The CSR said that there wouldn't be a problem putting the antenna in my attic and that it would be included as part of the free installation.

keno said:
I am currently a Dish subscriber. I have an 811 receiver (I got this free from Dish under a promotion last December). However, I am disgruntled with their HD selections and thinking of adding Voom. I thought Voom came with an outdoor antenna. Why do you need to buy one?

I let them install their stealth antenna to see if I could get anything. It isn't strong enough for me to get my Hartford stations. I put up antenna and rotor this weekend and am getting CBS with no problem. Didn't even get a blip of it with stealth.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I just called Installs Inc and was told that they are not doing the install. Instead its a company called 3 O'Clock Installations.

Anyone heard of this company?

I called the number for 3 O Clock and got an answering machine. Almost sounds like a 1 man shop.

Actually Scott, they are a 2 man shop.

I signed up day before yesterday and just got an email from install inc.

Subject: News from VOOM: Time to get ready for installation!
Thank you for your recent VOOM purchase. You're one step closer to life in high definition! Here are some details and suggestions to help you prepare for VOOM installation.

Contact Information For Your Installer
Your local installer will be contacting you to confirm your installation appointment.

Scheduled Date: 03/13/2004 - Morning
Account Reference:
Installation Reference:

If you need to reach them, here is their contact information:

Company: Vision Systems
Phone Number: (401) 226-1342
E-mail Address: DISPATCH@FVELECTRONICS.COM

Getting Ready For Installation
Keep in mind that the installer will need to go in and out of your house to check the VOOM equipment setup and ensure the best possible performance of your exciting new system. Please clear a path to your TV set(s) and disconnect all wiring to ensure easy access and quicker setup time.

Installation Overview
You have requested an installation for VOOM 1 ROOM INSTALLATION. Your installation will include (specific procedure varies by installation type purchased):

Mount 18-inch or elliptical satellite antenna on an exterior structure of your home, and align to appropriate satellite(s).
Mount any and all digital antenna materials that will facilitate improved VOOM reception.
Route up to four lines of up to 125 feet (per run) of coaxial cable to HD receiver(s) using customer-provided multi-switch.
Ground satellite antenna and cable to local-NEC standards.
Connect HD receiver(s) to existing hard-wired phone jack(s) using supplied wire in DBS boxes.
Program supplied remote(s) to your TV set(s).
Activate customer-selected programming.
Provide instruction to familiarize the customer with the basic use of the system.

Additional Services
If you request the installer to perform additional work beyond what is included in the scope of work, the technician will provide a quote for the requested work prior to beginning the installation. Some examples of work resulting in additional charges include:

Wall-fishing to conceal cables in your walls (pricing varies based on access to wall(s) to be fished)
Pole mount, non-penetrating roof mount (pricing varies based on type of mount necessary)
Cable burial (pricing varies based on length and type of burial)
Installations requiring a 40-foot ladder (pricing based on local rental rate)

Any additional work you request or require will be determined by your technician and approved by you before the work begins. You will pay your technician directly for any additional services. This will be part of the confirmation call.

Thanks Again!
Thanks again for choosing VOOM! If you have any questions or concerns with regards to your order, please call 800-GET-VOOM.

What bothers me is
1. No mention of OTA antenna install.
2. Route up to four lines of up to 125 feet (per run) of coaxial cable to HD receiver(s) using customer-provided multi-switch.
3. Installations requiring a 40-foot ladder (pricing based on local rental rate) is extra

Anybody got a similar email? Do I need to contact Voom before intall to clarify?

pmalve said:
Scott, had mine installed yesterday. At least 2 of us in CT with it. Are you going to keep your dishnetwork reciever for ota channels? This mapping thing with Voom is a pain in the rear. Had to reboot it 6 times for some of the channels to show up in guide. Still havent got all that I am supposed to get. Also now that WTIC is live there is no way for you to add it. You have to wait for them to put it in somehow. WVIT is supposed to be live by the end of the month and I want that too as I cant get WWLP. Enough ranting. Picture quality is awesome. I think even SD picture is better than dish. I cancelled dish a year ago when I bought projection TV because SD picture was not good. Digital cable was much better. I am glad to get rid of cable though because am tired of them raising rates, changing packages etc. If you have another calibration party I would like to come. Missed the last one, didn't read your post in time.

Hey Pmalve make that three of us, mine is scheduled for a.m install tomorrow.
I live in the Mansfield area.

I Got It Too.

smodak said:

What bothers me is
2. Route up to four lines of up to 125 feet (per run) of coaxial cable to HD receiver(s) using customer-provided multi-switch.
3. Installations requiring a 40-foot ladder (pricing based on local rental rate) is extra

Anybody got a similar email? Do I need to contact Voom before intall to clarify?

I got the same e-mail. Different install company. I taled with the install company and understand that they sub-contract to an installer near my home. Voom is shipped to install company and then to local installer. I hope everything gets here by my Saturday install date.

smodak said:

What bothers me is

There will be an installation of an OTA antenna it is part of the VOOM package so I would not heavily rely on this email. If local installer thinks otherwise, give VOOM or Installs Inc a call and they will rectify that the OTA antenna is to be installed.

smodak said:

Well, at least you got an e-mail response. My install is two days away and I haven't heard diddly from Installs...obviously a follow-up call is neccessary today.

InstallInc can't hide from me, their headquarters is 5 min away in lovely downtown Buffalo. Thursdays forecast is for rain mixed with snow...Who wants to take bets I get some excuse for putting off the install? :shocked

Bill

I am supposed to be getting installed today. I have heard NOTHING.

I have called the Install Company and never got the courtesy of a return call.

Installs Inc is not doing my install, they tell me to call 3 O Click Installs, which I have done and I have not gotten a return call. Grrrr.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Installs Inc is not doing my install, they tell me to call 3 O Click Installs, which I have done and I have not gotten a return call. Grrrr.

Joe will try to give you an answer.

stuck with old box

Ilya said:
Hey, I was just teasing you! The new lease deal is great indeed. The best thing about it: you won't get stuck with the old box, especially with that DVR on the horizon.

I went with the $499 deal. So am I stuck with the box if they upgrade? I hope not.

xboxer said:
Hey Pmalve make that three of us, mine is scheduled for a.m install tomorrow.
I live in the Mansfield area.

The eastern side of the river isn't really CT, it is RI extension :) Welcome to the club. Let me know how your ota reception is. I cant believe I can't get WTXX and I get WFSB no problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)