I landed a 6ft Dish/LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

airgator96

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
Kansas City BBQ Heaven
Last edited:
I've got 2 of them (see sig). Never tried a mesh but obviously the mesh would let some signal go through.,..solid won't :)

C/KU (like the 621) has been a pain for a lot of us. If you have separate C & KU built into a corotor that would work better. I have a dual C-Band on the "fixed" dish and the 621 (only use the C-Band side) on the one I wheel out of the garage and ghetto move

I'm happy with what I can get. There are some weak signals with it but it gets 98% of the stuff up there.

Do you plan on using it just for FTA or subscription stuff? If FTA, it works really well

I've got 2 of them (see sig). Never tried a mesh but obviously the mesh would let some signal go through.,..solid won't :)

C/KU (like the 621) has been a pain for a lot of us. If you have separate C & KU built into a corotor that would work better. I have a dual C-Band on the "fixed" dish and the 621 (only use the C-Band side) on the one I wheel out of the garage and ghetto move

I'm happy with what I can get. There are some weak signals with it but it gets 98% of the stuff up there.

Do you plan on using it just for FTA or subscription stuff? If FTA, it works really well

Strictly FTA, I work for the local cable company so I have all the pay type channels I need. I just like tinkering with the big dishes to see what I can get up there. FTA is a great hobby!

So you would go with a 621 over a B1SATSCALAR?

money talks

Take this as just an opinion, but I'd put the 621 fourth, in a three-horse race.

Always wanted one, and so I monitored all the threads for about two years.
It could just be that more people had troubles with the 621's because more were sold.
But, I kept seeing so many users disappointed, so I went looking for other choices.

Along the way, I actually spent my money on the SatelliteAV CK-1 dual-band, and the Eagle Aspen stacked C-band from Sadoun.
The third horse in this race that I would like to have gotten, is the now discontinued C2 (?) from SatelliteAV.
It has two outputs, and is C-band only.

So, that's just an opinion, and I can't back it up with numbers.
Other than the numbers of dollars I spent with confidence that these would be suitable.

I have 2 BSC621s and never really had all the problems others had. Here's a pic from a few months ago of my 6' offset with one rigged up.

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 280
i have two bsc621's also
on on my 7 1/2 ft dish gets good to above average c-band signals on the ku side its a bit harder to set correctly .... i receive only marginal ku reception on most sats and below treshold on a couple others ( its my dish and a bent feedhorn support arm) plus i need to tweak the ku side a bit more :)

the second bsc621 is going up on my 10 ft odem dish sometime this week :) hopefully i will be able to get some #'s soon :)

also hope to be able to compare the signals between the two 7 1/2 ft dish & 10 ft dish
I will post those in another thread soon :)

Once you get the hang of the 621 its pretty easy to use. Also it fits in the scaler ring pretty snug versus the others that have a 1/8" or more gap

Well, the fact that that crack dragged a few 621'ers out of closet, was a good thing!
Maybe they keep quiet and just laugh at all the folks who bought 'em and can't get 'em to work. :rolleyes:

But, as noted, the Ku performance is dismal.
Luckily, I came to the conclusion along the way, that I was only in it for the C-band signal, so Ku is no longer on my shopping list.

Corrado -
Love the bracketry. You should have posted that picture a long time ago! :up

Gabsphere -
Yes, let's hear your story when ya get one on the 10'er!
You and Linuxman can duel it out! ;)

Iceberg -
what can I say... nobody likes a sloppy scaler. :rolleyes:
I'll be looking to shim some that I have, too.
The CK-1 feedhorn is actually tapered a little bit, with the front end being bigger.

Gabsphere -
Yes, let's hear your story when ya get one on the 10'er!
You and Linuxman can duel it out!

we are dealing with different types of dishes i think :) the birdviews and even the small test dish are all solids and i'm dealing with mesh ..... i suspect ( and i think mike posted something to this effect ) that all solids will outpreform mesh dishes ..... heck even my smaller primestars draw in better ku signals ......its another reason i would like to add a birdview to the dishland :)

but i'm repairing and placing the 10 fter into service to improve my c-band signals for DVB-S2
on the 7 1/2 fter i couldn't get some signals .... so i'm trying a larger dish :)

Yes, the CK-1 fits like socks on a rooster, even using it's own scaler. I tried it first, and because it is so loose, I figured why not just put a Chaparral scaler in so if the CK-1 doesn't work out, I can slip a Co-Rotor right in place. :)

I recieved it in the mail today, and pieced it together. It was pretty easy. I don't have a C Band LNB yet... should be here in a couple of days!.

I tried to hook my KU lnb up to it, but didn't get a signal.

I have a feeling I'm going to have a ton of questions about the "lift" arm it has, and how pin point the dish has to be pointed.

I have a feeling I'm going to have a ton of questions about the "lift" arm it has, and how pin point the dish has to be pointed.

To get started use a magnetic dial type angle gauge for elevation measurement.

After you get comfortable pointing it, make reference marks on the bar with the elevation adjustment knob. That way if you move to a different sat you can go back quickly.

As Ice says... "ghetto move it"

what I did was go to my true south and get that locked in. Where the 2 "slider bars" come together on the elevation bar I took a screwdriver and made a mark. Then I know dish doesnt need to be higher

did that for the lowest too

Ok I have my Dish set up. And I just recieved my bsc621 in the mail.

My first question is how do I hook the LNB to the arms of the dish? Does it suppose to attach to the Scalar ring? It seems I would have to bend the attachment part of the arm to get it to work....Or is there another part I need to buy now?

Does anyone have a pic of their LNB connected to their 6fter?

thanks

There are 2 models of the BSC621.
BSC621-1 - Standard - L.O. 10750 built-in 22KHZ switch, Off=C Band, On=Ku
BSC621-2 - Universal Low L.O. 9750 High L.O. 10600, Built-In DiSEqC switch

Look at the sticker on the unit to see which one you have.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)