Mikey11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
canada
has anybody tried this receiver?

my main questions are....

does this receiver pull in DVB-S2?

and how is the blind scan?....or does it blind scan at all?

this iLink 9500 looks to me like the same as a Sonicview 8000.. No biggie
And on ebay they cost almost the same as the AZBOX Ultra HD, so do the math.

tofer said:
I link is supported for stealing dish network. that means its does not have support for much else.

Figures

I link is supported for stealing dish network. that means its does not have support for much else.

thats not true at all....alot of good quality receivers were supported for stealing dish network....pansat and coolsat just to name a few....

Mikey11 said:
thats not true at all....alot of good quality receivers were supported for stealing dish network....pansat and coolsat just to name a few....

Their is a big difference between receivers being imported and sold primarily for theft of services and those that have had firmware development for free to air hobbyists.

The Pansat had a strong multi-year history of free to air sales and support prior to providing firmware with theft of service support. Pansat greatly enlarged their sales potential by supporting the demands of the market and unfortunately, in recent years have distributed models and firmware that obviously were not developed to meet the needs and desires of a fta hobbyist.

CoolSat was a brand developed and equipment distributed primarily for theft of service market. The CS4000 was a capable platform but was very rudimentary in hobbyist features when it first hit the market. SatelliteAV identified the model as a great potential for hobbyist and our wholesale distribution. We worked with their team to add many of the scanning and sorting features that hobbyist continue to value and these features carried forward into the 5000, 6000, VisionSat, early Sonicview and our GEOSATpro models.

Most STBs are very capable of theft of service as delivered from the factory, but it takes quite an effort to develop the unique features that North American hobbyist value!

iLink is a perfect example of a receiver that has been imported and sold for theft of service. The features that fta hobbyist value are not well implemented.

Last edited:
Their is a big difference between receivers being imported and sold primarily for theft of services and those that have had firmware development for free to air hobbyists.

The Pansat had a strong multi-year history of free to air sales and support prior to providing firmware with theft of service support. Pansat greatly enlarged their sales potential by supporting the demands of the market and unfortunately, in recent years have distributed models and firmware that obviously were not developed to meet the needs and desires of a fta hobbyist.

CoolSat was a brand developed and equipment distributed primarily for theft of service market. The CS4000 was a capable platform but was very rudimentary in hobbyist features when it first hit the market. SatelliteAV identified the model as a great potential for hobbyist and our wholesale distribution. We worked with their team to add many of the scanning and sorting features that hobbyist continue to value and these features carried forward into the 5000, 6000, VisionSat, early Sonicview and our GEOSATpro models.

Most STBs are very capable of theft of service as delivered from the factory, but it takes quite an effort to develop the unique features that North American hobbyist value!

iLink is a perfect example of a receiver that has been imported and sold for theft of service. The features that fta hobbyist value are not well implemented.

my point is...just because a receiver was capable of satellite "theft" at one point in time....that does not automatically make it a poor quality receiver....

Mikey11 said:
my point is...just because a receiver at one point in time was capable of satellite "theft" that does not automatically make it a poor quality receiver....

I agree, AZbox is one of those units which have potential that the hobbyist are taking to another level despite the unit being primarily distributed internationally for theft of services.

my point is...just because a receiver was capable of satellite "theft" at one point in time....that does not automatically make it a poor quality receiver....

heh...I reviewed lots of receivers that were junk for legit FTA but they apparently worked fine for stealing at the time.
Captiveworks
NeoSat
Neusat

are 3 good examples....

heh...I reviewed lots of receivers that were junk for legit FTA but they apparently worked fine for stealing at the time.
Captiveworks
NeoSat
Neusat

are 3 good examples....

yes i realize SOME receivers are made and designed for the purpose of "stealing" and are garbage for FTA....NFusion is one that comes to mind....but you are missing my point....just because a receiver HAS or HAD the ability to "steal" at one point in time does not AUTOMATICALLY make it a poor quality receiver, or a poor FTA receiver....the Pansat 9200HD is one good example....

I use the I-Link 9000+ for TFTA and it works good and has a blind scan.
Heres some info on the 9500HD

• DVB-S2 MPEG4(H 264) HD USB PVR RECEIVER
• MPEG2 MP@ML, MPEG2 MP@HL, MPEG4 AVC/H 264 HP@L4
• MPEG-1 Audio L1/2, 2ch Down-mix: MPEG-4 AAC, HE-AAC,
Dolby, Digital, MP3, WMA support
• 7 Favorite Channel Groups
• HDMI Output Support
• Component (YPbPr) Video Output Support
• Mono, Stereo Audio Output Support
• S/PDIF for Dolby Digital Audio Output (Coaxial)
• Software Upgrade Via USB & RS-232C From PC
(PC to Set) or Set (Set to Set Support
• 2 USB memory Support (HOST 2.0)
• PVR-Ready (Recording, Play, Timeshift etc)
• Fast Channel Switching Time – Max, 10000 Channels TV & Radio programmable
• Various Video Aspect Ratio With 4:3, Pan & Scan, Full Screen and 16:9 Support
• Advanced Graphic and Electronic Program Guide (7 days EPG)
• Timer function (coupled EPG) for switch on and off
• Parental control of individual channels and system
• Subtitle supported Teletext supported by VBI insertion and software emulation
• Zoom In / Out
• Multi Language OSD Menu (English, Russian, Francais, Arabic, Persian, Turkey, Deutch,
Spanish, Italian, Netherlands, Portuguese)
• Quick Find function in Channel List
• Powerful Sort in Channel List ( A-Z, FTA, Scramble etc)
• Auto Channel Searching function
• Program search in automatic, advanced and manual way

I use the I-Link 9000+ for TFTA and it works good and has a blind scan.
Heres some info on the 9500HD

• DVB-S2 MPEG4(H 264) HD USB PVR RECEIVER
• MPEG2 MP@ML, MPEG2 MP@HL, MPEG4 AVC/H 264 HP@L4
• MPEG-1 Audio L1/2, 2ch Down-mix: MPEG-4 AAC, HE-AAC,
Dolby, Digital, MP3, WMA support
• 7 Favorite Channel Groups
• HDMI Output Support
• Component (YPbPr) Video Output Support
• Mono, Stereo Audio Output Support
• S/PDIF for Dolby Digital Audio Output (Coaxial)
• Software Upgrade Via USB & RS-232C From PC
(PC to Set) or Set (Set to Set Support
• 2 USB memory Support (HOST 2.0)
• PVR-Ready (Recording, Play, Timeshift etc)
• Fast Channel Switching Time – Max, 10000 Channels TV & Radio programmable
• Various Video Aspect Ratio With 4:3, Pan & Scan, Full Screen and 16:9 Support
• Advanced Graphic and Electronic Program Guide (7 days EPG)
• Timer function (coupled EPG) for switch on and off
• Parental control of individual channels and system
• Subtitle supported Teletext supported by VBI insertion and software emulation
• Zoom In / Out
• Multi Language OSD Menu (English, Russian, Francais, Arabic, Persian, Turkey, Deutch,
Spanish, Italian, Netherlands, Portuguese)
• Quick Find function in Channel List
• Powerful Sort in Channel List ( A-Z, FTA, Scramble etc)
• Auto Channel Searching function
• Program search in automatic, advanced and manual way

thank you....finally a quality reply....going by this it says it DOES do DVB-S2....i wonder if its true or not though....

I agree with Brentb636 on this point. I am looking to do an upgrade to a better HD receiver this winter and need a good review section to help me make ny purchase!

There are so many possible questions we could ask. Does the PVR work well on HD hi bitrate feeds ( most of them don't) . Is there manual PID entry ? Is there a channel editor ? Does Diseqc 1.2 mode allow manual entry of position number ? Is USALS implemented well for HH motor control ? A review would give us a decent buyer's guide entry.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)