I "moved" but now I'm really moving, question...

Whatchagot Loran

Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
Albany, GA
I live in Albany, GA (south Ga). About 2 months ago I "moved" to Atlanta so I could get HD locals (and ABC since it's not produced in my DMA). In about 2 weeks I will actually move to another house in the same town. The new house already has a DISH antenna pulling HD, so I won't need an antenna installed. I'll be changing layots from a 722, 311 and 612 to a 722 and 622. I'll need an install for the 622 because the 2 rooms are not currently linked for dual dvr purposes. I'm going to use DishN' It Up to get the 622 shipped and then DISH Mover to handle the free install. CSR said they'd waive the normal mandatory $50 install for a HD receiever because DISH Mover will cover that.

Here's the question... will the installer care that I've "moved"? Do I need to "move" back to Albany, have the install and then "move" to Atlanta? I'm just worried about moving too many times and getting some sort of red flag on my account. But, I also don't want some installer ratting me out. Can anyone tell me if installers care about this?

Thanks.

You take your receivers with you when you move and the installer comes to the new address to install it. He doesn't know or care where you came from.

He'll just think you moved from Atlanta. The new locals (Albany) won't pop in until he closes the work order. Then you can 'move' back to ATL, if that's what you want. But you might want to wait a few weeks to avoid any red flags.

He'll just think you moved from Atlanta. The new locals (Albany) won't pop in until he closes the work order. Then you can 'move' back to ATL, if that's what you want. But you might want to wait a few weeks to avoid any red flags.

And to be honest, there is a chance the new locals won't even pop up; when I moved (really) the Denver channels I used to have stayed on; and indeed, until I told them to specifically change my LOCAL PACKAGE they stayed on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)