I NEED HELP FINDING SAT AND ALIN DISH

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brett069

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
MURPHY NC
I HAVE MERC II AND GOT AS FAR AS ALIGNED ON ZERO AND WENT TO GALAXY 25 ,RECEIVED A SIGNAL OF LEVEL 85 QUALITY 45 TO 61, IF I WAS IN FACT ON GAL 25 AND CANT PICK UP ANY OTHER SATS, I GET THE SAME CHANNEL LIST ON AMC3 87.
WHAT SHOULD I DO ? IF SOME ONE HAS SKYPE CALL ME AT BRETTHEDTKE MY SKYPE ACCT,

Could you tell us which motor you are using (if you have a motor) and the LNB that you are using. We are here to help and we will get along just fine if we aren't SHOUTED AT. In other words use lower case for your messages.
Bob

Edit: I see in your signature that you are using a DG280 motor and a Kul1 LNB. Sorry I dindn't see that at first.

Last edited:
these folks on sat guys do wonders they even helped a blonde like me get my system up and running.so im sure 1 of them will be able to help ya

If it were me. I would align the dish first without the motor. Aim at a satellite close to your true South I would use AMC 3 @ 87°W, scan in the channels using the blind scan using 4° steps and the "detailed" settings. Once you have that satellite scanned in then set up your motor and motor over to AMC 3 and fine tune the dish elevation and the motor azimuth. Make sure your LO setting is 10750 each time you scan a new satellite, the default is for a universal LNB (10600,9750).
Bob

i am at lat 35.02 , long 84.15 , pole is level , el 55 , decline angle 5.6 , set my dish at about 45 , motor set at 35.

the sat i am on says gal 25 channel 2 says aghapy , acoptic channel also channel 4 say cgntv/ is that right for gal 25 or am i on a different sat?? thanks brett

says i am on gal 25 ku on tp 12013 i have signal 85 % and quality of 56% , but if i go to another sat no quality or pic. i checked the list also. brett

ps did power scan gal 25 for fta channels and got tv 20 radio 10 sig 84 qual 28 to 64

The Setup Page shows that you should have a Dish Elevation of 29 with your Motor set to 35 (Your Latitude)
Motor: 35 - Your Latitude
Dish Elevation: 29
With Motor at Zero, aim Dish / Motor to 185deg using Compass

Then use USALS to drive to the sat you want and fine tune

The dish is not on Galaxy 25 (97W) it is aimed at Galaxy 16 (99W). Very Close!

This LINK may provide better instructions for the Mercury II

the sat i am on says gal 25 channel 2 says aghapy , acoptic channel also channel 4 say cgntv/ is that right for gal 25 or am i on a different sat?? thanks brett

SatelliteAV,

Thanks for the link! I will be all set when my receiver arrives.

Hi to everyone , i am receiving good quality on 87 amc 3 patient channel 70% / also on 105 amc 15 learning channel 70%/ most of the other channels i get are between 28% & 50 %, do you think i would still need to do some adjusting ??
also if i power scan a sat again [2nd time] do the channels that are in original scan stay there or is the list updated and some of the channels removed ?
i seam to of lost the sat & channel that cgn tv [korean gospal ch]

also if a channel has no sig should i delete it ?
thanks for any help in these areas , brett

I think you can get more.
To check, park dish on AMC3, and just put pressure on the Dish while watching the Quality for improvement. Left, Right, Up Down.
What Quality do you get on the ONN channel - 74west (see The List for TP info)

i tried the moving dish with pressure & sig went to 0 but never higher / went on 74 w receiver says sbs 6 at 74w, guide says horizon 2 at 74 . pics break up , quality is 27-29,

The Sat @ 74 west has changed names a few times over the past 2 years.

So either way from your True South Quality gets worse?

Double check that the LNB is not Skewed.

still having trouble knowing if i am on right sat, gal 28 89 ,on power scan i am trying to match up tp with what shows on lynsat som do and some didnt match up. i get some channels that match up , also on amc 3 87, same thing , tp 11736 scan on both sats, can i be on two sats at same time [meaning some channels from each ]?
what do you suggest i do ?
i get channels on 87,89,91,93,97,99,103,105111,113,114.6, 73 & 123 sig of 28% bit pic breakes up/ any thing you suggest ill try

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)