I need help with ku please.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dannyidp

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
ga.
I have been through a openbox a pansat 9200hd now i just got the x2 mini today which i like.the problem is cband works fine my small ku dish with a new lnb thought the old one was bad I ran a new cable now thinking the cable is bad lol the 1.2 motor light is green but flashes red green red the signal goes 38 -0 38-0 Thought motor may be bad so I put the cable direct to lnb signal is 38-0 all in 3 seconds.Does anybody have a idea whats going on? maybe the new cable is bad?

Sounds like typical Mini-Budding issues. If you had not touched anything and it was working before, it could be several things.
Looks like you have checked all your own connections and such, so it could be:
  • Local terrestrial interference---Any new WISP's fire up near you?
  • An adjacent satellite fired up a transponder near or on same frequency---mini bud is not 2 deg compliant
  • Transponder you usually watch dropped power levels---Mini Bud can't keep up
  • Dish needs re-aiming
  • etc
Which satellite and transponder are you having issues with? Are you using a conical scalar? This is a 1.2M dish correct? Which brand?

thanks. Long story short I had a openboxs9 and have a 6' ws international c-band and a 36' fta ku. My ku was at 97w and went out so I cont to watch c-band 103w it stopped a month later had a wasp nest in the lnb removed it and worked for 1 more week.so i purchased 2 lnbs c and ku still no ku I thought my tuner was going out so I purchased a new cable and a Pansat 9200hd which had no dvbs2 card so purchased a x mini still no ku.
I noticed this morning while watching hd channel the light on the small motor is solid green only flashes red when searching for new sig on diff sat.
on c-band i'm having issues with103w 3800h nothing.
on ku 11966h im getting 78 sig and 38 quality on the mini its yellow instead of green blue and the sig goes in and out 2 secs 38-0 an doing a blind scan on 97w brings up nothing.so im lost
I'm ruling out a cable issue because the channels on c are playing perfect in hd.

KU settings is lnb10600 I bypassed my diseqc switch straight to lnb and still nothing it looks like the receiver is flashing just like the motor was.So I dont know whats going on.

"KU settings is lnb10600 I bypassed my diseqc switch straight to lnb and still nothing it looks like the receiver is flashing just like the motor was.So I dont know whats going on."

Is the LNB a universal? If it is then make sure the 22khz switch is ON.

Thanks for your help guys it looks like I've solved the problem after playing with the KU dish I picked up 123 W just fine it looks like some fast-growing pine trees maybe in the way of 97 w

Reactions: KE4EST
Time to break out the chain saw!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts