I need info on new hopper plus

That is the one part of the anecdote that I highlighted. That was the primary complaint about the old 4K Joeys: that they no longer work for these 4K events. People were wanting to get the new Joey 4's to replace their 4K Joeys, specifically to get those channel 540 special events back. Now, it turns out that even the new Joeys do not work properly for those, and may not do so for several months, if ever. Forewarned is forearmed.
The lack of education on the technical support side is just another example of a rush to market. In response to your statement and OPs problem I would almost guaratee that his TV is 4K but does not have HDR. Even back when the 4K Joey's picked up the 4K channels I would occasionally get the error telling me that my TV was not 4K compatible and then it would work. The Joey 4s absolutely do show the 4K channels if your TV is 4K HDR. I have turned off HDR on my 2 TVs with the Joey 4s because of the HDR issue but yesterday when one of the college football games was on the 4K channel I turned HDR on and received the error that my TV wasn't compatible. All I had to do was reset my Joey 4 and it worked fine.

No, the Hopper+ will not bring the Android features to a Joey 3 or 4K Joey. Those Joey's are incapable of that.
The bigger question or questions is, if I would upgrade my equipment to the Hopper+, and Joey4, do I also have to upgrade the one in my wife and my bedroom, plus my daughter's bedroom Joey. If so, then I would have to say no with the Hopper+ and Joey 4.

The bigger question or questions is, if I would upgrade my equipment to the Hopper+, and Joey4, do I also have to upgrade the one in my wife and my bedroom, plus my daughter's bedroom Joey. If so, then I would have to say no with the Hopper+ and Joey 4.
Why would you not want to upgrade all of your Joeys?

The price is the main reason.
No charge for my Joey 4s that were swapped out, just the Hopper + ($50). Received 2 wired and 1 wireless unit. IMHO, on the lack of Channel 540 4K (that is all that is effected), I'll continue to say that there is so little content on that channel, that lack of Joey support (until it is corrected), is a very strange reason to not take the full upgrade on the Hopper +. I find the content on 540 laughable, I probably watch 2-3 games a year on it, and never on my Joey. Early adoption always means patience on issues, and identifying if they are major, or really minor.

...Channel 540 4K (that is all that is effected), I'll continue to say that there is so little content on that channel, that lack of Joey support (until it is corrected), is a very strange reason to not take the full upgrade on the Hopper +. I find the content on 540 laughable...
There is a very popular sticky thread on this forum, that keeps track of that channel 540 4K content. So, people here really seem to appreciate having the select content that is available. Otherwise, why even bother tracking it, much less having the thread be a sticky?

Why would you not want to upgrade to the newest Joey's in the other rooms? The price is based on the upgrade, not the number of receivers you have

Why would you not want to upgrade to the newest Joey's in the other rooms? The price is based on the upgrade, not the number of receivers you have
Some people earlier in this very thread have reported being quoted an upgrade price of so much per device. So, I could see some not wanting to get every device upgraded, in order to save money. I also posted some other reasons that I thought of, in another thread:
I was wondering kind of the opposite: once you install a Hopper+, will the older Joeys continue to be supported? I am thinking specifically of a case where a customer has purchased Joey 3's (for example) and likes the flexibility of being able to activate and deactivate them whenever they want. Such a customer may still want the Hopper+ functionality, but may not want the additional expense of purchasing new Joey 4's right away. Leasing the new Joey 4's would also not work, since that does not provide the flexibility of the purchased Joeys. So, unless Dish has a trade-in program where older purchased Joeys can be exchanged for new purchased Joey 4's, I think it is important for Hopper+ to maintain compatibility with the older Joeys.
If Dish is only providing leased upgrades for the existing Joeys, that may be a problem. However, if Dish is offering a free purchased-for-purchased trade-in replacement, then I see no reason not to do the upgrade, as long as there is not an additional upgrade fee.

There is a very popular sticky thread on this forum, that keeps track of that channel 540 4K content. So, people here really seem to appreciate having the select content that is available. Otherwise, why even bother tracking it, much less having the thread be a sticky?
I get that. I follow it also. I would guess people are looking for a big game or their team playing. All I can tell you is that from my usage, it's been terrible. DISH seems to pick up only about half the content available, and it's usually Fox college football. To me, it's a turtle race. What happens first? Joey 4s that play 540 or some level of frequent, quality 4K content on 540?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I get that. I follow it also. I would guess people are looking for a big game or their team playing. All I can tell you is that from my usage, it's been terrible. DISH seems to pick up only about half the content available, and it's usually Fox college football. To me, it's a turtle race. What happens first? Joey 4s that play 540 or some level of frequent, quality 4K content on 540?
I see it as a symbiotic relationship: More content on 540 would give Dish an incentive to give making the Joeys work properly a higher priority. Properly working Joey 4's would give Dish more of an incentive to offer more content on 540, knowing that they will not get flooded with complaints and technical support calls every time an event airs. So, both will happen at the same time, or not at all.

No charge for my Joey 4s that were swapped out, just the Hopper + ($50). Received 2 wired and 1 wireless unit. IMHO, on the lack of Channel 540 4K (that is all that is effected), I'll continue to say that there is so little content on that channel, that lack of Joey support (until it is corrected), is a very strange reason to not take the full upgrade on the Hopper +. I find the content on 540 laughable, I probably watch 2-3 games a year on it, and never on my Joey. Early adoption always means patience on issues, and identifying if they are major, or really minor.
How much per month for leasing or renting just the Hopper+, along with the Joey 4's, if you don't mind being asked. I think that's one my hesitations

I was looking to upgrade mainly for the new Joey’s. I currently have Joey 2’s and they’re extremely slow. But reading about all of these bugs and issues it makes me hesitant. But it sounds like if the Plus is buggy and causing issues then I should be able to unhook it and everything will go back to basically what I have now (except I’ll have faster Joey’s). Unless the Joey’s are buggy as well? Has anyone had any issues with the Joey’s that aren’t related to the Plus?

How much per month for leasing or renting just the Hopper+, along with the Joey 4's, if you don't mind being asked. I think that's one my hesitations
No rental fee on the Hopper +, same rental cost for my Hopper 3. The key is to get the Joey upgrade at no cost (at one point they wanted $50 each) and just pay for the Hopper + ($50). Same rental fee on the Joeys as for the Joey 3's we had. So, long story short, $60.99 out of pocket for the install, and no change to my monthly bill ( I did sign up for Silver Service at $10.99 for one month to get this done without the install fee ($95)).

No rental fee on the Hopper +, same rental cost for my Hopper 3. The key is to get the Joey upgrade at no cost (at one point they wanted $50 each) and just pay for the Hopper + ($50).
But that one-time $50 fee is still listed as a lease upgrade fee, right? I wonder how much it would cost to outright buy one? It doesn't make much sense to me to lease an accessory for my already purchased Hopper 3.

( I did sign up for Silver Service at $10.99 for one month to get this done without the install fee ($95)).
A note for others who may be considering doing this: if you push back on the cost of the install, Dish will often give you one month of the Silver Service plan for free to cover that. They did that for my last receiver upgrade. It helps to deal with the Loyalty Department.

My Dish Network RV Conundrum

Dish is Down