I need info on new hopper plus

Here is my screen. The backup is only to a remote control. I tried plugging in a empty thumb drive and still no change?
I guess that Download ATV Files is only there on Hoppers without a Hopper Plus attached, possibly because it is a necessary step for installing the Hopper Plus? Here is my screen:
0915100951-00.jpg
Maybe once you already have the Hopper Plus, the Android files automatically download in the background whenever an update is needed, so there is no longer a need to manually force the update.

For those who have been wanting to use the old 4K Joeys to access 4K HDR content, there may be some workarounds to help with that. I am not sure if these methods have been mentioned before, but I just found out about them today on the other forum. Thanks to a member there named GStill:

If you use Game Finder to find the 4K game, and get the pop-up telling you that the game is about to start on channel 540, the 4K Joey will tune to that channel and let you watch the game in 4K HDR. The catch is that you have to leave it on that channel the entire time. If you change channels, the 4K Joey will not let you tune to channel 540 again.

Another option is to record the 4K game on the Hopper 3. If you transfer that recording to an external hard drive, then the 4K Joey can see and play that recording in 4K HDR from the EHD. This is despite the fact that the 4K Joey cannot see that recording while it is still on the Hopper 3's internal hard drive. This is not as convenient as being able to watch the games live on the 4K Joey, but at least it shows that the 4K Joey is capable of playing 4K HDR content.

I will note that the poster who made the above suggestions is using a Samsung 4K HDR TV. There is no guarantee that the 4K Joey will work with other TV models the same way. However, it is still something worth trying, just to see if it works.

Also, I may not be remembering this correctly, but I thought Scott posted quite awhile back that the 4K Joeys could also play 4K HDR content from the Amazon Prime app. Clearly, the 4K Joey is capable of playing 4K HDR content, at least under some circumstances. It is still a mystery why the 4K channels for live events (540-xx) do not show up in the guide on the 4K Joeys.

Oh no! There goes WB Discovery's entire business model. They have been cancelling all of their DC Comics TV shows, except for a small handful of shows on the CW, and concentrating exclusively on a handful of big blockbuster movies instead.
I only have one show to watch right now. I used to watch up to 6 or 7 shows a season. I am looking forward to the new Supernatural prequel series.

My old Hopper I made sure it was updated before he started. When it failed, he pulled another sealed one off his truck, he only activated it then confirmed live video and went straight to the thumb drive.
Wait, what?? You have to do the thumb drive before you pair the remote, activate or go to live TV or anything else

Tonight I am not seeing hardly any problems the pictures are definitely better especially any menus/guides. navigating is fast and reactive but a few times I have to try again like it did not receive the signal from the remote. Waking up the joeys requires a change of channel to see a live picture. Apps that were freezing up are working BUT said I am running out of space already! Any way to add storage like a USB thumb drive?
The remote is where your settings are stored, not on a drive
The plus box has only 8gb storage for the apps use and its internal use NOT for movies or TV. I downloaded about 8 apps, and it started to say it's out of storage space. Click on storage and it will show you what's been used.

Wait, what?? You have to do the thumb drive before you pair the remote, activate or go to live TV or anything else
What I was trying to say is he activated the box off his truck but did not ask it to do any updating prior to him plugging in his thumb drive to upload the plus files. Sorry I have been extremely exhausted with the all-day Dish appointment then going straight to the air show. I use to work DOD on base so I still volunteer for the air show and a few special events like the mud run at Camp Pendleton

I guess that Download ATV Files is only there on Hoppers without a Hopper Plus attached, possibly because it is a necessary step for installing the Hopper Plus? Here is my screen:
View attachment 158581
Maybe once you already have the Hopper Plus, the Android files automatically download in the background whenever an update is needed, so there is no longer a need to manually force the update.
I double checked and its missing on mine.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The plus box has only 8gb storage for the apps use and its internal use NOT for movies or TV. I downloaded about 8 apps, and it started to say it's out of storage space. Click on storage and it will show you what's been used.
What? It's 2022 and a new box and they only put in a measly 8 gig of storage for apps??
Am I in a time warp and it's 1999????

Tonight I am not seeing hardly any problems the pictures are definitely better especially any menus/guides. navigating is fast and reactive but a few times I have to try again like it did not receive the signal from the remote. Waking up the joeys requires a change of channel to see a live picture. Apps that were freezing up are working...
Did you get the H325 software update yet? Some of us still have not gotten it, even after trying to manually force the update.

What? It's 2022 and a new box and they only put in a measly 8 gig of storage for apps??
Am I in a time warp and it's 1999????
Tonight we're gonna party like... :party

Does anyone know how much internal storage the Hopper uses for the already built-in apps? It seems like for at least the past several years, every time Dish adds a new app to the Hopper, they have to take one away to make room. So, this behavior on the Hopper Plus seems like par for the course.

Tonight we're gonna party like... :party

Does anyone know how much internal storage the Hopper uses for the already built-in apps? It seems like for at least the past several years, every time Dish adds a new app to the Hopper, they have to take one away to make room. So, this behavior on the Hopper Plus seems like par for the course.
The one Joey shows 4gb out of the 8gb used without me loading any apps on it. Thats another thing even though you sign into your google account on one it treats them all as different units or in other words you download Disney on one its not going to be on any others!