I need info on new hopper plus

...BUT said I am running out of space already! Any way to add storage like a USB thumb drive?
The one Joey shows 4gb out of the 8gb used without me loading any apps on it. Thats another thing even though you sign into your google account on one it treats them all as different units or in other words you download Disney on one its not going to be on any others!
That's how they get you to add multiple Joeys to the same TV. Then, you simply switch inputs to go to a different Joey loaded with different apps. Think of the additional receiver fees! :devilish

Tonight I am not seeing hardly any problems the pictures are definitely better especially any menus/guides. navigating is fast and reactive but a few times I have to try again like it did not receive the signal from the remote. Waking up the joeys requires a change of channel to see a live picture. Apps that were freezing up are working BUT said I am running out of space already! Any way to add storage like a USB thumb drive?

The plus box has only 8gb storage for the apps use and its internal use NOT for movies or TV. I downloaded about 8 apps, and it started to say it's out of storage space. Click on storage and it will show you what's been used.
I have the same issue on one out of the four Joey 4s I have. Only one even though it shows 4gb free and has the exact same apps loaded as the others.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have the same issue on one out of the four Joey 4s I have. Only one even though it shows 4gb free and has the exact same apps loaded as the others.
I am sorry I may not have explained it right. My hopper ran out of space and showed only 1gb left it said your running out of space and it may interfere with its ability to operate which it did apps were freezing up so I deleted a couple and it helped. That person asked what is available or used as a new box before you add to it and its about 4gb used out of 8gb which is absolutely outrageous to me! Especially when they say thousands of apps are available! Technically that's not even true!

That's how they get you to add multiple Joeys to the same TV. Then, you simply switch inputs to go to a different Joey loaded with different apps. Think of the additional receiver fees! :devilish
I would have loved to hear how that meeting went! Memory is so cheap these days, I am very disappointed in a few things but happy with others. I am trying to give it time for me to learn it all.

I must say the 40.0 remote not working on the Plus has been cumbersome to me learning both a new remote and a new system at the same time and add to it a minor delay in reaction time! My biggest is watching a recording and trying to pass the commercials. I waste more time trying to skip them. I have moved to streaming most now. A better picture and zero commercials.

My H3 updated to H325 on 9/23/2022 at 6:55AM. I have a question though as seen on my screen. It lists a bunch of different available Joey software, what does that mean? Also my Joey 4 is on P507 and hasn't updated since 9/10/2022 at 4:36PM. Is this because there hasn't been any updates or because my Hopper Plus is disconnected?
2022-09-25 10.36.13.jpg

2022-09-25 10.36.36.jpg

2022-09-25 10.38.41.jpg

My H3 updated to H325 on 9/23/2022 at 6:55AM. I have a question though as seen on my screen. It lists a bunch of different available Joey software, what does that mean? Also my Joey 4 is on P507 and hasn't updated since 9/10/2022 at 4:36PM. Is this because there hasn't been any updates or because my Hopper Plus is disconnected?
View attachment 158610
View attachment 158611
View attachment 158612
All of the receiver software is loaded onto the Hopper. So, all of the Joey software for all types of Joeys are loaded to that Hopper. The individual Joeys pick up on that software and load their unique software via MoCa. Your Joey 4 is using the available software available to it based on what you see on that screen.

All of the receiver software is loaded onto the Hopper. So, all of the Joey software for all types of Joeys are loaded to that Hopper. The individual Joeys pick up on that software and load their unique software via MoCa. Your Joey 4 is using the available software available to it based on what you see on that screen.
Ok thanks Bobby

A software version that is not quite ready for public release, but goes out to a larger pool of people than the usual testers. Usually this pool includes other Dish employees that are not beta testers. Since several people here already have it, this one seems to be out in the wild to some extent. Perhaps only to people who actually have a Hopper Plus, but not yet everyone who has a Hopper Plus, either.

That's not supposed to be out til the 27th so if anyone got it, it's by luck

My H3 updated to H325 at 4:08AM on 9/21.
My sister's Wally used to do the same thing. She would consistently get the public software releases about a week before people here would start reporting seeing the new version.

That person asked what is available or used as a new box before you add to it...
Now it is my turn to apologize for not explaining my question correctly. I was asking about the space taken up in the Hopper's internal memory for the apps that are built into the Hopper. (The ones that do not require the Plus.) I was curious if the 8GB total in the Plus is consistent with the amount that Dish has been allocating for apps all along.

...and its about 4gb used out of 8gb which is absolutely outrageous to me!
I would say it's truly outrageous! Truly, truly, truly outrageous! We'll have to start calling this device "Hopper Jem!" ;)

Now it is my turn to apologize for not explaining my question correctly. I was asking about the space taken up in the Hopper's internal memory for the apps that are built into the Hopper. (The ones that do not require the Plus.) I was curious if the 8GB total in the Plus is consistent with the amount that Dish has been allocating for apps all along.

I would say it's truly outrageous! Truly, truly, truly outrageous! We'll have to start calling this device "Hopper Jem!" ;)
I am looking but cant find anything on the Hopper or internet yet. Did find these attachments

Attachments

• hopper-3-feature-sheet-with-52.0.pdf
    816.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Hopper-Duo.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 70
I am looking but cant find anything on the Hopper or internet yet. Did find these attachments
Earlier I mentioned a USB thumb drive being used to expand the APPs storage and now I remember why my Samsung smart TV allows this! Now its not android based but I have a ton of apps and only used 2.39 out of 5 with 2.05 available without the stick! The stick is unlimited! I searched android smart TV devices and see most are 8gb. Best Android TV boxes 2022

Earlier I mentioned a USB thumb drive being used to expand the APPs storage and now I remember why my Samsung smart TV allows this! Now its not android based but I have a ton of apps and only used 2.39 out of 5 with 2.05 available without the stick! The stick is unlimited! I searched android smart TV devices and see most are 8gb. Best Android TV boxes 2022
Was about to ask if anybody has tried expanding the internal storage on their H+/J4's yet, here are the instructions for the Shield TV Pro (which also ships with Android TV). If this works, all you would need is a drive like this off of amazon to give each device 128GB+ storage.

As I am going through and adding apps and longing into providers, I am seeing more and more crashing apps. To resolve this, you can go into setting then into all apps and try force stopping the ones crashing. And or I have re booted the Plus box. DO NOT clear cash in the storage it removes all login information to all APPs then you start over again! I also see when activating a app a new question "what device you are using" select android tv.