I need info on new hopper plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
"...not a high priority" is not the same thing as "not even on the list of priorities." It is all about semantics. ;)
Context is king. I pretty much quoted the source and it should be clear from the original communication and my reporting of it that my contact agreed with Scott's assessment.In fact I stated that pretty clearly

Many of us want them to work on legacy remote compatibility. I am one of those people but they clearly have other matters to attend to. Trying to interpret their words will not change that.

Here's a question. Is anyone else getting a daily message box that says that an upgrade is needed with a choice to "continue watching" if you want to pass on the update? I wait the 60 seconds and let it reboot, but neither the DISH or Hopper Plus show an update for today's date. Does anyone know what is "upgrading"? I'm getting these almost every day since adding the Hopper +.
I wasn't seeing that when I had the H+ connected.

Context is king. I pretty much quoted the source and it should be clear from the original communication and my reporting of it that my contact agreed with Scott's assessment.In fact I stated that pretty clearly
Yeah, but Scott also said that the head of the Android team also wants this to happen:
I work with the entire Android Team... and from discussions it is only the head of the team and myself who want 40.0 support.
Scott seems to paint this in a pessimistic light, as if it is not likely to happen. Now, I am not familiar with the way the Android Team is structured, but I would think that the head of the team would have some say in the decision-making and prioritization here. That is, unless the implication here is that since nobody else on the team wants this to happen, they will just do a half-assed job, even if they are ordered to work on it.

While they haven't said it, I believe this move is to make the Google Gods happy with the voice remote.

Many of us want them to work on legacy remote compatibility. I am one of those people but they clearly have other matters to attend to. Trying to interpret their words will not change that.
So, what can we as Dish users do in order to influence the decision-making process? (Other than simply posting our desires here, and hoping that the Android Team is reading this thread, of course.) Well, for starters, we can boycott any remote model that has the Google logo on it. If you must use a voice remote, use the 54.0 (not the 54.1 or 54.3) or go even more old school and use the 50.0 as I have been suggesting. For that matter, if you are fine with only having the functions that charlesrshell listed earlier, then please continue using your 40.0's as much as possible. Send a clear message that our loyalty is to Dish, not to Google, and we want full 40.0 remote functionality as quickly as possible. That is the only way Google will learn.

Yeah, but Scott also said that the head of the Android team also wants this to happen:

Scott seems to paint this in a pessimistic light, as if it is not likely to happen. Now, I am not familiar with the way the Android Team is structured, but I would think that the head of the team would have some say in the decision-making and prioritization here. That is, unless the implication here is that since nobody else on the team wants this to happen, they will just do a half-assed job, even if they are ordered to work on it.

So, what can we as Dish users do in order to influence the decision-making process? (Other than simply posting our desires here, and hoping that the Android Team is reading this thread, of course.) Well, for starters, we can boycott any remote model that has the Google logo on it. If you must use a voice remote, use the 54.0 (not the 54.1 or 54.3) or go even more old school and use the 50.0 as I have been suggesting. For that matter, if you are fine with only having the functions that charlesrshell listed earlier, then please continue using your 40.0's as much as possible. Send a clear message that our loyalty is to Dish, not to Google, and we want full 40.0 remote functionality as quickly as possible. That is the only way Google will learn.
Sadly, as a customer and as a past beta tester I truly feel my suggestions/request/feedback did not and does not matter to Dish. I have filled out forms and told agents to leave feedback and I imagine they fall into a black hole. This is not only with Dish but 90% of companies. I did feel back in the day Charlie-Dish Walt-Disney Sam-Walmart and many many more did listen and did care!

OK do this with cation but seems to really help the slow lagging in the menu feel. Go to menu, Device preference, tap build until pop up says developer mode is on, go back one screen and select developer options, under drawing select window animation and transition animation scale as well as animator duration scale and select .5x on each of these. This works on cell phones and tablets as well!

It's probably not going to happen. It falls outside the realm of consistency. If you look, the receivers, the menus, the remotes are all becoming more consistent in appearance.

I can’t believe you guys are upset over the 40 remote being retired. The 54 remote is great once you start using it. If you don’t like Google then don’t upgrade to the Hopper+. Dish is not forcing you to get a Hopper+. I plan to wait and continue to use my two Hopper3 receivers and Joey3 client. Eventually once the initial bugs are fixed I plan to get a Joey4 for the basement to replace Dish Anywhere on my fire stick. I don’t plan to get a Hopper+.

That's not the same thing. I said appearance.
You said "menus," "all," and "consistent." The new devices (that we are discussing in this thread) have new menus and a new interface, specifically an Android interface that allows you to add your own apps from the Google Play store. (The Apps screen is also part of the Menu system, and an important part, at that.)

It's probably not going to happen. It falls outside the realm of consistency. If you look, the receivers, the menus, the remotes are all becoming more consistent in appearance.
As another poster recently stated, "Context is king."

You said "menus," "all," and "consistent." The new devices (that we are discussing in this thread) have new menus and a new interface, specifically an Android interface that allows you to add your own apps from the Google Play store. (The Apps screen is also part of the Menu system, and an important part, at that.)

As another poster recently stated, "Context is king."
You know, I appreciate your enthusiasm and your knowledge but you have a tendency to reach too far, too often.

I have a new problem after trying to update this morning and having to do several reboots and power cycles to get live TV back. I am seeing long as one minute when changing channels for the black screen to turn live video. At one point changing channels I used the guide to select my local channel 10 but the video was of channel 15 and the info button said it was a previously viewed primetime video.

I have a new Hopper Plus issue, that I've now noticed with both hoppers I've had. Playing DVR or on demand content: I get a slight 1 or 2 second skip forward every so often in the replay. This is just while watching, no buttons pressed. Will be interesting if others see it. Again a minor issue, but buggy nonetheless.