I need info on new hopper plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have a new Hopper Plus issue, that I've now noticed with both hoppers I've had. Playing DVR or on demand content: I get a slight 1 or 2 second skip forward every so often in the replay. This is just while watching, no buttons pressed. Will be interesting if others see it. Again a minor issue, but buggy nonetheless.
Thanks I thought I had a signal issue I did not see it live so this makes sense. My other issue was fast forwarding. I sometimes either ended up at the end of the program or at live if I was on that same channel!

Thanks I thought I had a signal issue I did not see it live so this makes sense. My other issue was fast forwarding. I sometimes either ended up at the end of the program or at live if I was on that same channel!
That's a good way to explain it. It's like a hiccup in the signal transmission, but I have yet to see it live. If it goes a couple of seconds, it's like watching someone walking at a normal pace and then for a few steps they go into a quick run.

I am having an issue with the Hopper + and Joey 4s with FF and Rewind. It is taking an extra second or two whenever I press the buttons. A pretty bad leg Which is making it frustrated. I’ve restarted the Hopper and still it is not better…

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or do I have to wait until there is a software update?

Just wait for an update. :)
I have a very technical question for you, Scott. I've been wondering this for years. Is Dish firmware interrupt driven? From the symptoms, I'd say, "No". This is from a VAX/OpenVMS guy who knows that you can support several thousand programmers on a computer that is feeble minded even by cell phone standards today.

Everything was interrupt driven on a VAX. The only time these thousands of people knew anybody else was using the VAX was when they submitted a compute-intensive job. Certainly typing commands into the terminal elicited an immediate response.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am having an issue with the Hopper + and Joey 4s with FF and Rewind. It is taking an extra second or two whenever I press the buttons. A pretty bad leg Which is making it frustrated. I’ve restarted the Hopper and still it is not better…

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or do I have to wait until there is a software update?
Known issue and DISH is working on it. That is reason I removed my H+. My Hopper 3 is working fast now but not the Joey 4s, still slow.

Last edited:
Last night my Hopper 3/Plus crashed and rebooted on its own I had to power cycle it two more times to get back to live TV. It did not update. This morning I see it did update overnight to the H325/P107. I will see if I notice anything. I certainly hope for a more stable system!

Last night my Hopper 3/Plus crashed and rebooted on its own I had to power cycle it two more times to get back to live TV. It did not update. This morning I see it did update overnight to the H325/P107. I will see if I notice anything. I certainly hope for a more stable system!
I had 325 for a few days and only noticed the "next episode" feature. But no improvements that I saw with the Plus. Guessing those improvements happen in the Android software updates.

I spoke with Dish today and yes the new hopper plus is available. It is a $100 fee to upgrade but it is a purchase, for both the hopper plus and the joey 4. And you have to upgrade your joeys to get the android apps on them. The hopper plus is an add on device to your hopper 3. And you will have to have dish protect on your account to avoid the service tech charge. They require a service tech to come out to be sure it is installed correctly.
I was going to get one installed, but the service tech said, that I had to switch my Hopper 3 to another Hopper 3. I changed my mind real quick.
I did but let me give that another shot

Reactions: charlesrshell
The Plus was not ready to go and from where I sit has a long way to go before I would decide to release it.

However the Joey 4’s I feel for the most part ready to go. Some clean up is needed but it’s not bad.

The purpose of this was to bring Android TV to DISH. In reality it turned into bringing Dish to Android TV.

The Plus was not ready to go and from where I sit has a long way to go before I would decide to release it.

However the Joey 4’s I feel for the most part ready to go. Some clean up is needed but it’s not bad.

The purpose of this was to bring Android TV to DISH. In reality it turned into bringing Dish to Android TV.
Unfortunately, I asked a Front Line CSR if Work Orders for Joey 4's and Wireless Joey's without the Plus was possible and he said it's not. They'll only use them with the Plus, for now

I feel Dish saw DirecTV full 100% streaming and the pure profits of no hardware or techs is very appealing to them! I can't blame them, but our nations internet infrastructure needs big improvements in order for America to move to 100% streaming.

Most of you probably have not noticed but I am seeing a lot of bandwidth being used all the time. I am way out and use ATT copper wire U-verse there are two separate lines of 12mbs giving me a whopping 25mbs. Although I still get speed tests with full speeds, I see webpages loading very slowly or not at all! This is when I am not even watching TV! Even with them powered off they are still at an idle. Could open apps be doing this? I see I can power up and be on a streaming APP and the picture restarts right where I left off. How can we kill all apps? I know how to force stop A APP but not all.

Power consumption? The Hopper has always used the same power on/off anyone try a Kill-a-watt meter to check yet?

Most of you probably have not noticed but I am seeing a lot of bandwidth being used all the time. I am way out and use ATT copper wire U-verse there are two separate lines of 12mbs giving me a whopping 25mbs. Although I still get speed tests with full speeds, I see webpages loading very slowly or not at all! This is when I am not even watching TV! Even with them powered off they are still at an idle. Could open apps be doing this? I see I can power up and be on a streaming APP and the picture restarts right where I left off. How can we kill all apps? I know how to force stop A APP but not all.

Power consumption? The Hopper has always used the same power on/off anyone try a Kill-a-watt meter to check yet?
You can try toggling on "Don't keep activities" in Developer options. I doesn't kill all apps but it kills each app you are using everytime you stop using it....YMMV
2022-10-01 10.30.45-1.jpg