I notice in the dbstalk website you can't talk about "moving" but you can here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey Scott, didn't you say they were tossing that idea around? They have an Internet team on social media, they won't come over here?
Yup we were and then AT&T took over and got rid of most everyone.

The main guy I was working with was moved to a different department and is fighting to kee himself employed. :(

Yup we were and then AT&T took over and got rid of most everyone.

The main guy I was working with was moved to a different department and is fighting to kee himself employed. :(
That sucks.. Using social platforms is huge right now, and could be the tie up for millenials for support. With one generation dying out, any attempt to catch the new generation seems necessary, as the way of traditional TV is limiting itself more every day. I think it will be around for a great long while, but not anywhere near the profitability of its past. If they can capture that market, they can slow the changes down, and likely increase profits but without detailed information about their customer base, this is just and opinionated guess.

Does anyone have a solution to my moving problem? Some good chatter but I am looking for solution. Or am I just stuck?
I've never heard of such an issue while under the spotbeam with the proper dish and LNB.
I've Moved to 3 different DMA with directv back in 2005-2008.
And also with Dish 2007-2010 and also now in 2015
NY, Philly, and Scranton Wilkes-Barre, and never had the issues you have.

So without seeing pictures of your setup, and without knowing your exact locations not much here anyone can do.
But even your location is unimportant because the spotbeam covers the entire area fully you are trying to receive, unless you don't live in the area you claim.

Do you have a 3 or 5 lnb?

Just to clarify something else too... you say that you get Harrisburg locals right now and want Baltimore locals. What locals did you get at your previous home, Harrisburg or Baltimore? Can you give us a zip code for your new residence?

Reactions: Troch77
I've never heard of such an issue while under the spotbeam with the proper dish and LNB.
I've Moved to 3 different DMA with directv back in 2005-2008.
And also with Dish 2007-2010 and also now in 2015
NY, Philly, and Scranton Wilkes-Barre, and never had the issues you have.

So without seeing pictures of your setup, and without knowing your exact locations not much here anyone can do.
But even your location is unimportant because the spotbeam covers the entire area fully you are trying to receive, unless you don't live in the area you claim.

Do you have a 3 or 5 lnb?

I'm assuming I have a 3LNB, that's what showed up when D had me check things in the settings. One of the problems is that I don't know how to get all those settings to come back up on the screen. As far as the zip codes, I live in 17331 and 'moved' to 21111 (Baltimore County side).

Assuming we are talking about HD locals here (you never really said) both your real locals, and the Baltimore locals you're trying to receive are on the same spot beam so reception/satellites cannot be an issue here. What locals show up in your guide, the Baltimore ones or the Harrisburg ones? And what error message does it give you when you try to tune them? It sounds to me like the customer service rep botched the "move" change of address.

Did you receive your Harrisburg locals OK before your "move"?

No, he's on the same spot beam. Zip code 17331 is Harrisburg, PA. Locals come from 103S, Transponder 16. That is beam A1B1, per the transponder map from the "other" forum. The Baltimore locals he desires are on the same 103S satellite, same spot beam, on Transponder 20.

No, he's on the same spot beam. Zip code 17331 is Harrisburg, PA. Locals come from 103S, Transponder 16. That is beam A1B1, per the transponder map from the "other" forum. The Baltimore locals he desires are on the same 103S satellite, same spot beam, on Transponder 20.
So what's the problem?
CSR did something wrong, or something doesn't add up.

What signal strengths are on TP 16 and 20 on the 103s?

We should know this already, which tells me something is fishy.

I am receiving Harrisburg locals, as well as them showing up in the guide. When the CSR switched the address, I still was getting Harrisburg locals in the guide. When I tried all of the Baltimore locals manually, I got a message saying "Channel not available" on each one (except channel 2, which has the "Look" channel on it right now.
Sorry for all the confusion, I thought I had posted that earlier.

So what's the problem?
CSR did something wrong, or something doesn't add up.

What signal strengths are on TP 16 and 20 on the 103s?

I have strengths for 3 different 103's: 103(s): TP16-95 TP20-95; 103(ca): TP16-95 TP20-95; 103(cb): TP16-N/A TP20-N/A
At the top of the page, it says Azimuth 0; Elevation -19; Tilt 0.

Is this the information you need?

The csr messed up. Make sure your service address is somewhere in Baltimore or Baltimore county and your billing address in Hanover. There's no way your not in the spot beam. How'd you end up in that redneck town? ;)

The csr messed up. Make sure your service address is somewhere in Baltimore or Baltimore county and your billing address in Hanover. There's no way your not in the spot beam. How'd you end up in that redneck town? ;)

Yeah they totally goofed up. The locals both come from the same spotbeam. You might have to wait a few minutes and reset the receiver after the change with the CSR. Or send a refresh signal from your account page.

I am receiving Harrisburg locals, as well as them showing up in the guide. When the CSR switched the address, I still was getting Harrisburg locals in the guide. When I tried all of the Baltimore locals manually, I got a message saying "Channel not available" on each one (except channel 2, which has the "Look" channel on it right now.
Sorry for all the confusion, I thought I had posted that earlier.
When the CSR does the change, you should see the change in the guide as you will see the new channels pop in the guide .... you'll probably also see something on the screen saying its updating info or something like that .... maybe Acquiring Guide data.

If you see neither, they haven't changed them.

When the CSR does the change, you should see the change in the guide as you will see the new channels pop in the guide .... you'll probably also see something on the screen saying its updating info or something like that .... maybe Acquiring Guide data.

If you see neither, they haven't changed them.

Thank you all, I will contact them in the near future. As far as the redneck town, I married into it. Haha

Reactions: stardust3
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts