I notice in the dbstalk website you can't talk about "moving" but you can here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Rick, you can also go online to your D* website, log in and find your billing and service address and it will show the updated one when its in.

I would like to thank everyone for the great support and info. In a 5 minute phone call last night, I was able to accomplish what I wanted. The results are great.
Is there any reference guide/source that I can read or refer to to educate myself a little more on this topic?

Thanks again.

Glad to hear it worked out for you this time. Once we got all the facts it was clear the first time you called customer service they did something wrong. As far as educating yourself more, you know the basics now. All local channels on DirecTV are "spot beamed" to the areas they serve by various satellites. Most "spot beams" carry multiple markets. In your case the spot beam that carried your real locals (Harrisburg, PA) also carried the same local market you wanted to "move" to (Baltimore, MD). There is some overlap, but for the most part DirecTV's spot beams are fairly narrow (within 100-200 mile radius of their intended target is the limit). There are spot beam maps available for most markets on the "other" forum, DBStalk. They also post a spreadsheet that has all of the information we used to help you out. The spreadsheet is similar to "The List" here. It has every local channel that DirecTV offers, the satellite it comes from, the transponder, and in most cases information which Spot Beam carries it so you can correlate it to the map. The easiest way is to check that spreadsheet for a market, then check the signal on the transponders.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts