I read and read and read still need help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok so I really wanted to get playing around while I save up a bit ( want to go with the motorized cband/ku setup from sadoun . )

Anyway I knew a few friends from the other hobby that I new back for Na********* out of Atlanta offices. One mail me a fortec ultra that I had to flash for obvious reasons considering the source. To qoute him there is no in the industry any more ( Eyepatch industry ) since the D* crack down. So he sent me his own personal box. I flashed it with the oem image that he backed up from it. I went out and with a lot of sweet talking was able to nab a old oval primestar dish. washed it down with a little soap and water a little wet sanding, rub down with some rubbing alchol to remove oils, 1 can of white rustolem primer ( spray can ) .Then a little Krylon Rattle can action #53552 aka Castle rock grey. Then a coat of clear coat and the thing looks band new again. Though I should of cut out a primestar stencil (lol)

So I put it out on a tripod mount. Where I have a full view of the south. approx footage about 290 of RG11 Copper braided QS , got a lock of 89w on my meter, went in side finished hooking things up and did a quick scan I picked up misc junk I guess. I did get a luck and I found something that is abc but other then that not much. But again i stoped the blind scan I was not patient enough.

my signal strenght was a little low but my Signal quality was great. Might be because of the old primestar lnb or I have not put a inline amp on the line as 270 is quite a run.

my signal strenght was a little low but my Signal quality was great. Might be because of the old primestar lnb or I have not put a inline amp on the line as 270 is quite a run.

Don't even pay attention to the signal strength ,it means nothing ... it's all about Quality .....:up

Congratulations on getting a satellite locked in and channels scanned .

cool...glad its working

as jayelem said dont worry about signal.....quality is all you need to worry about :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)