I read and read and read still need help. (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
Ok so I really wanted to get playing around while I save up a bit ( want to go with the motorized cband/ku setup from sadoun . )

Anyway I knew a few friends from the other hobby that I new back for Na********* out of Atlanta offices. One mail me a fortec ultra that I had to flash for obvious reasons considering the source. To qoute him there is no in the industry any more ( Eyepatch industry ) since the D* crack down. So he sent me his own personal box. I flashed it with the oem image that he backed up from it. I went out and with a lot of sweet talking was able to nab a old oval primestar dish. washed it down with a little soap and water a little wet sanding, rub down with some rubbing alchol to remove oils, 1 can of white rustolem primer ( spray can ) .Then a little Krylon Rattle can action #53552 aka Castle rock grey. Then a coat of clear coat and the thing looks band new again. Though I should of cut out a primestar stencil (lol)

So I put it out on a tripod mount. Where I have a full view of the south. approx footage about 290 of RG11 Copper braided QS , got a lock of 89w on my meter, went in side finished hooking things up and did a quick scan I picked up misc junk I guess. I did get a luck and I found something that is abc but other then that not much. But again i stoped the blind scan I was not patient enough.

my signal strenght was a little low but my Signal quality was great. Might be because of the old primestar lnb or I have not put a inline amp on the line as 270 is quite a run.

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
my signal strenght was a little low but my Signal quality was great. Might be because of the old primestar lnb or I have not put a inline amp on the line as 270 is quite a run.

Don't even pay attention to the signal strength ,it means nothing ... it's all about Quality .....:up

Congratulations on getting a satellite locked in and channels scanned .

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
cool...glad its working

as jayelem said dont worry about signal.....quality is all you need to worry about :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts