I so hate the second screen on GUIDE button

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
I so hate the second screen that now appears on GUIDE button presses. It has added thousands of keypresses to get it to go away when you use the guide.

It should be in SETTINGS, to let you pick THERE what you want the guide to show--and stay set that way until you change it.

Infuriating.

I'm gonna jump out on a limb here and ask you what you like about our services Jcarrera? I know you hate the guide and features within...but surely there is something good in there somewhere :)

I'm gonna jump out on a limb here and ask you what you like about our services Jcarrera? I know you hate the guide and features within...but surely there is something good in there somewhere :)

Sure. And point well taken. I do tend to point out things you need to work on, don't I? :)

I like the reliability of BHN cable.
I like the wide selection of channels, BUT
- not BHN fault, but the entertainment content mostly is, shall we say, not uplifting stuff
- we can't select and pay for what we want...have to get LOTS to see the few we like

I like having a DVR. It works pretty well. Wish I didn't have to have 3 STB's. Adds up.

I like the internet service, email accounts etc, but I had to drop back to basic speed due to cost.

Probably more I may think of later. Dang, hard to talk about the good without a 'but' behind it.

I so hate the second screen that now appears on GUIDE button presses. It has added thousands of keypresses to get it to go away when you use the guide.

It should be in SETTINGS, to let you pick THERE what you want the guide to show--and stay set that way until you change it.

Infuriating.

Im not sure what you are referring to? When I push guide once the guide comes up. Push it again it goes away.. And if you get deep into any guide you can always hit the "exit" button on the remote and all menus close with one click.

Im not sure what you are referring to? When I push guide once the guide comes up. Push it again it goes away.. And if you get deep into any guide you can always hit the "exit" button on the remote and all menus close with one click.

Mine does NOT work that way any more. It used to be like that, but the last update caused it to work like this:

push 1 - get the guide
push 2 - get a second screen that says

SELECT GUIDE CHANNELS
.Favorites
.Hi Def
.On demand
.Subscribed
.PPV

push 3- back to full screen TV

Have never used the EXIT button; didn't even know it was there. Yes that works, so this is not as big of an issue now. However, I still think "what the guide shows" is a setting, and thus should be done in 'settings' rather than presented to you every time you use the guide.

After thinking on this some more, and now with knowlege that the EXIT button will go straight back to the full screen, I withdraw the comment that this function should be in Settings.

Here's an example of why: if you have an HDTV, you might want to TEMPORARILY show only HD channels in the guide. If function this was in Settings, it would be cumbersome to keep moving back to full list.

Mine does NOT work that way any more. It used to be like that, but the last update caused it to work like this:

push 1 - get the guide
push 2 - get a second screen that says

SELECT GUIDE CHANNELS
.Favorites
.Hi Def
.On demand
.Subscribed
.PPV

push 3- back to full screen TV

Have never used the EXIT button; didn't even know it was there. Yes that works, so this is not as big of an issue now. However, I still think "what the guide shows" is a setting, and thus should be done in 'settings' rather than presented to you every time you use the guide.

Interesting didnt even know about this. I always use the exit button out of habit so have never done the guide button again. ;) I think thats a nice feature to be able to change the guide though to only show the channels you watch. I think its a feature people have really been asking for so they do not have to go through 100 channels on the guide to find the few they are interested in.

Interesting didnt even know about this. I always use the exit button out of habit so have never done the guide button again. ;) I think thats a nice feature to be able to change the guide though to only show the channels you watch. I think its a feature people have really been asking for so they do not have to go through 100 channels on the guide to find the few they are interested in.

I was not saying it was not a nice feature--I was saying it should be in Settings rather than show every time Guide is used.

Then I changed my mind after being informed about using Exit button AND realizing that, in some cases, one might not want the setting to be "sticky."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)