I updated both Hopper Plus and Joey 4.0 in November; buggy from the start

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

watsonde54

Original poster
Dec 2, 2022
Lehi UT
Installation took over 2 1/2 hours. He had to keep reloading the software. Download kept failing.
Issues since then.
* Hopper plus locks up several times a week and has to be rebooted.
* Joey 4.0 not as much
* After 30 sec skip instead of 1 second and back to play, it takes 3 seconds
* After a 15x, 60x or 300x scan, I hit play and it goes into pause, I have to then hit play.
* I try to skip back, sometime it skips forward or visa versa.
* I wake it up in the morning and it is stuck on the preview choice screen; I then reboot and wait 2 or 3 minutes.
* I now have put a remote AC power controller device on the Hopper plus so I don't have to dig around for the power plug.

The Dish receivers since the 722 thru the hopper 3 have been so stable. It is hard to have to live thru this Beta software testing we are forced to do.

PS: I have been a Dish customer since December 1996, only 300,000 customer base then.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Installation took over 2 1/2 hours. He had to keep reloading the software. Download kept failing.
Issues since then.
* Joey 4.0 not as much
* After a 15x, 60x or 300x scan, I hit play and it goes into pause, I have to then hit play.
* I wake it up in the morning and it is stuck on the preview choice screen; I then reboot and wait 2 or 3 minutes.
* I now have put a remote AC power controller device on the Hopper plus so I don't have to dig around for the power plug.

The Dish receivers since the 722 thru the hopper 3 have been so stable. It is hard to have to live thru this Beta software testing we are forced to do.

PS: I have been a Dish customer since December 1996, only 300,000 customer base then.
If you updated in November, you are WAY far behind in current software

Issues since then.
* Joey 4.0 not as much

When you say it locks up what behavior are you seeing?

All the the issues with trick modes (skip/FFwd/Rwd) are close to releasing to customers.

How often is it getting stuck on the Home screen? In that state does pressing Home button do anything?

Thank you for your patience as we work out these issues!