I want HD hardware

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dozens

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 20, 2004
I want to buy a HD dish and receiver so I can watch ST. What is the best way to go about it without getting into a committment with DirecTv ?

Are all receivers equal ? I would prefer one with DVI out. Any suggestions ?

Sorry 1 year commitment required if you don't want one go with DISH and their buggy equipment. Directv subsidizes the price on their equipment a wants a chance of getting the money back.

I read elsewhere that I can get ST without a commitment. It looks like I can get a 3 LNB dish off ebay for roughly $40 and a HD receiver (LG 3200A) from J&R for $450. Is this the best I can do ?

I was able to do the following buy a New Terk S26 from Ebay 35.50 incl s&h, buy a New Hughes HTL-HD from ABT Electronics $285 shipped.

Snipr4x4 said:
I was able to do the following buy a New Terk S26 from Ebay 35.50 incl s&h, buy a New Hughes HTL-HD from ABT Electronics $285 shipped.

ABT wanted me to sign something before purchasing saying that I keep TC for 1 yr :(

dozens said:
ABT wanted me to sign something before purchasing saying that I keep TC for 1 yr :(
The dealer isn't the one putting the 1 year commitment on you it is Directv. When you start a new account or add a receiver to an existing account Directv requires a 1 year contract. :D

boba said:
The dealer isn't the one putting the 1 year commitment on you it is Directv. When you start a new account or add a receiver to an existing account Directv requires a 1 year contract. :D
Really ? I haven't gone through the entire checkout process at J&R but it appears they will not require a commitment to buy the LG 3200.

I didn't mind DirecTV's agreement form since I knew that I was going to keep DirecTV for at least 1 year. Unless someone else offers better channels (including ST), more channels, better quality signal, better customer service (DISH & VOOM Both SUCK ASS) & a better price then maybe we can talk.

Comcast is a much better choice for me then D*. But I want ST in HD :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)