I want HD hardware

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dozens

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 20, 2004
I want to buy a HD dish and receiver so I can watch ST. What is the best way to go about it without getting into a committment with DirecTv ?

Are all receivers equal ? I would prefer one with DVI out. Any suggestions ?

Sorry 1 year commitment required if you don't want one go with DISH and their buggy equipment. Directv subsidizes the price on their equipment a wants a chance of getting the money back.

I read elsewhere that I can get ST without a commitment. It looks like I can get a 3 LNB dish off ebay for roughly $40 and a HD receiver (LG 3200A) from J&R for $450. Is this the best I can do ?

I was able to do the following buy a New Terk S26 from Ebay 35.50 incl s&h, buy a New Hughes HTL-HD from ABT Electronics $285 shipped.

Snipr4x4 said:
I was able to do the following buy a New Terk S26 from Ebay 35.50 incl s&h, buy a New Hughes HTL-HD from ABT Electronics $285 shipped.

ABT wanted me to sign something before purchasing saying that I keep TC for 1 yr :(

dozens said:
ABT wanted me to sign something before purchasing saying that I keep TC for 1 yr :(
The dealer isn't the one putting the 1 year commitment on you it is Directv. When you start a new account or add a receiver to an existing account Directv requires a 1 year contract. :D

boba said:
The dealer isn't the one putting the 1 year commitment on you it is Directv. When you start a new account or add a receiver to an existing account Directv requires a 1 year contract. :D
Really ? I haven't gone through the entire checkout process at J&R but it appears they will not require a commitment to buy the LG 3200.

I didn't mind DirecTV's agreement form since I knew that I was going to keep DirecTV for at least 1 year. Unless someone else offers better channels (including ST), more channels, better quality signal, better customer service (DISH & VOOM Both SUCK ASS) & a better price then maybe we can talk.

Comcast is a much better choice for me then D*. But I want ST in HD :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts