I want my MTV-HD!

I would love to have MHD especially since hearing they intend to expand programming to include Story Tellers. Story Tellers has some very unique performances and deserves the HD treatment.

Harold said:
I would rather have CMT in HD. I don't like rap and boy bands.

MHD is a hybrid of programming from MTV, VH1, and CMT. They have some of the CMT programs on the lineup, and I'm sure some of the video segments are country as well.

Scott Greczkowski said:
MTV told me last night they are expanding the content on MHD including Story Tellers in HD.

The MHD website shows Storytellers and Cross Roads already in their current lineup. It actually looks like a pretty cool channel for now.

HD Music

Hi Guys/Gals,

I'm new to SG, been trolling for a while and just decided to register. I have been a Voomer almost since the start. I really like music and have been into Rave HD for some time, but I do like the other Voom channels too. I know a little about MHD, while it will will be cool to see some of tha stuff in HD, Rave's programming is almost all exclusive. MHD is not doing anything that you wouldn't have already seen on one of their SD channels and if you think there is repetition on Rave, MHD has a lot less programming. They do have some high profile stuff, but we are not getting anything we haven't seen before. Like I said, it wil be in HD, so that's cool, but it doesn't seem like they are making a huge HD effort. The repetition is a drag on Rave, but I do see new stuff sneaking into the mix almost every month. The other thing MHD has is commercials, not many, but they have them. Look forward to speaking with you.

ElectricSlim said:
Hi Guys/Gals,
I know a little about MHD, while it will will be cool to see some of tha stuff in HD, Rave's programming is almost all exclusive.

All of the "Soundstage" programming on Rave is from PBS. Seems like that's about half or more of the Rave programming. I don't have a problem with that, and I've watched many of the shows since I signed up a month or so ago. The Soundstage episodes are great, but far from exclusive to Rave.

You are correct, but the Soundstage programs premiere on Rave. I have seen new Soundstage programs on Rave this year that I have yet to see on PBS. Rave has them first and sometimes way ahead of PBS.

No they don't. Rave gets the soundstage shows after they've been on PBS. if you didn't see them on PBS, then your pbs station just didn't show them

I don't want to get into an argument, but there was a release put out that stated this, ( I found it somewhere on the web.) and I have not seen Robert Plant, Garbage or Fountains of Wayne on my PBS station, nor have I seen them in their listings. This could be a new deal where previously you may have been correct. If it's new it's good that they are doing these things.

Here you go, I found the release;

SOUNDSTAGE:

RAVE has also inked a deal to become the exclusive high-definition home to the seminal concert series Soundstage. Part of the RAVE HD line-up since 2004, airing of the series has, until now, followed the broadcast premiere on PBS. But beginning in 2006, new episodes will debut nationally on RAVE HD before hitting the public airwaves. The new deal is for 14 episodes of the hour-long concert series, including performances by classic rocker Robert Plant, pop rockers Garbage and alternative rock stars Fountains of Wayne. The pact was made with Joe Thomas, who heads the Chicago-based production/distribution company HD Ready. Soundstage is a co-production of WTTW National Productions and HD Ready.

This is the link -

http://www.hdtvmagazine.com/news/2005/12/new_voom_deals.php?page=1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts