Ia5 & Ia6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ShaneLinder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Texas
I poked around on the net and found that the following channels are on this satellites.

My question is if some of them are not "free" who does one pay and how could one get them with an FTA dish? Or isn't that possible?

Intelsat Americas 5 at 97.0°W

Total Christian Television~
BYU Television (Mormon)~
CNN Headline News
American Forces Network~(AFN)
Includes:
  • AFN Family~
  • AFN Movies~
  • AFN News~
  • AFN Sports~
Church Channe~l
Daystar~
Dove TV~
God’s Learning Channel~
KCSG (PAX)~
Pentagon Channel~
Russia Today~
Smile of the Child~
TBN Enlace~
TBN~
Word Network~

Intelsat Americas 6 93°W

Fox News
Fox Feeds
Home Depot
The University Network
Total Christian Television~
ABC News Now
ABC News One
CBS East/West HD

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest you check out lyngsat.com and click on the free tv link. it will show you alal the channels that are free. any channels not free require a subscription of some kind. C-band would need a 4DTV receiver and subscription, while some pay channels are on ku most are going to be globecast and you would need their receiver and card to subscribe.

Please dont post all them links because it looks like spam...edit: removed links

on IA5
TCT, BYU, KSCG, Pentagon are C-Band and are free. Need a DVB box and a 8 foot dish or greater
the rest of the AFN stuff is encrypted and only for military recievers

The rest are KU band and are free

IA6
Fox feeds are just that...feeds. They come and go
University is KU free
Home Depot is scrambled
CBS is C-band

Here is a easier list of the free stuff for KU & C-band...need a DVB reciever

http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistKuBandUS.html
http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistCBandUS.html

Last edited:
Acording to that site the following channels are free: http://lyngsat.com/freetv/United-States.html

Intelsat Americas 5 at 97.0°W

Aramaic Broadcasting Network
Alkarma TV
BYU Television (Mormon)
Church Communication Network
Daystar
God’s Learning Channel
JCTV
KCSG (PAX)
Pentagon Channel
Smile of the Child
TBN Enlace
TBN
Total Christian Television
Church Channel
Word Network

Intelsat Americas 6 93°W

Classic Arts Showcase
CNN USA
PBS
The University Network

However there are a lot of AMC4 channels they list as free that I don't get and that is where I have my dish pointed and tuned.

Angel One, Angel Two, Cornerstone TV, Familyland TV Network, God's Learning Channel, Golden Eagle Broadcasting, Kids & Teen TV, NBC Central/East/Mountain/Pacific, PBS X East, Safe TV, TBN & UCTV

Is this because my reciever is set up to recieve these?

Odd too that FOX News isn't listed as a free channel on IA6 but it is listed as a free channel on Gax 15.

Last edited:
The channels you are listing that you are not getting are C-Band, you need at least a 6' dish (8 or 10' preffered) to reliably get those channels.

I saw that once I looked at Iceberg's links which are very helpful. Are these used mostly by cable companies for rebroadcasting? I don't see many of those big dishes around any more.

nah. Alot of the religious channels are up there free for people to view them. Some of the other stuff is for cable companies and such.

The list you posted above is a list of channels that originate form the US....some of those we cannot get here...only other countries

As Drhydro mentioned, alot of those are C-Band

I should have mentiond this before, when looking at lyngsat charts, look in in the left hand column under "freq". If it is a 4 digit number it is c band, if it is 5 digit it is KU band.

To note with the AFN you can kinda pick up the audio on shortwave which comes from submarines around the world. Youd need a radio with a SSB on it...it does come in somewhat well but keep in mind that any amount of shows are immediatly interrupted by sports.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)