IA6 fine tunning.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RtpiFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Hi,

I just got new 90 cm dish today dedicated for IA6 only for now.
Before put it on motor in place 76cm wineguard could some post singal/quality for IA6.
I know what get on 76cm but i feel like signal/quality should have improved compared 76cm but signal seem bit worst then on 76 cm for IA6.

Thanks,

RtpiFan :)

I am using a 36" dish in MN.

University network 80% Quality

Azteca 78% Quality

Macy's 76% Quality

Make sure the LNBF is as far away from the dish as it will go in its holder (I am sure you know this, and to check skew on LNBF)

I would also try standing behind the dish and pull back slightly on both sides of the dish while watching the signal quality, you may see it rise. Re-tweak the dish left/right/up down, this should help as some dish get warped in transit or have been stored incorrectly!

I think my problem is skew issues but their lot cloud cover a moment guess tweak it when bad weather clears a little.

Azecta TP is at 60% as well as macy's TP
CNN TP i get around 30-45% seem low for me

lot of cloud cover could make it so the signal quality is down

What reciever do you have? Each reciever usually reads the meter differently :)

What kind of signals did you get in bad weather with the 76cm? (During the winters you have had the 76cm dish)

I often say to people a well made 30" dish will often work as well if not better as a badly made 36" dish. Size is great but its all about the quality of the product, hopefully its just the weather :) (Or its just warped)

yep. For me Azteca is at almost 90 and thats with a 76cm dish :)
Doc Scott (University Network) is at 79-80 for me
These are on a Pansat 1500 (little brother of the 2500)

Iceberg said:
yep. For me Azteca is at almost 90 and thats with a 76cm dish :)
Doc Scott (University Network) is at 79-80 for me
These are on a Pansat 1500 (little brother of the 2500)

There you go! Your 30" dish is getting better signals than my 36" :)

PSB said:
What kind of signals did you get in bad weather with the 76cm? (During the winters you have had the 76cm dish)

I often say to people a well made 30" dish will often work as well if not better as a badly made 36" dish. Size is great but its all about the quality of the product, hopefully its just the weather :) (Or its just warped)

For me my trusty old 76cm as being great only lost signal during small ice storm.
Only sat i have ever problems is AMC9 for some odd reason but i have always gotten decent enough signal to be to watch something.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts