Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Just out of curiousity, what kind of signal is everyone getting with IA8?

When it first came up, I had a 75 signal. Now the best I can get on the test card is a stable 35. I don't want to tweak the dish because everythign else is good signal (and IA8 was fine originally)

Using a Pansat 1500, 30" and .3

What are the Pansat users getting? :)

IA8 on a Pansat 3500s with an 80cm and .6LNB I get 15-30% quality. I either have a bad dish, or LNB, no matter how much I try to tweak the dish I never go above 30 and it bounces. This is my true south bird as well.

ACD

I have a 76cm and a .3 and get 30-32 all the time so maybe they arent running at full power :(

The best I've seen on the GC mux with my 80 cm dish and 0.3 Invacom on my FS Lifetime Ultra was a 49% quality. It could probably be aligned much better, though.

well when I get the new LNB, I will let you know what I get.

I have a 90 CM dish, and I just moved my dish to the roof and I will give you the big report how it's goes! :eek:

Right now I am Dxing the Echostar 6,8 bird and the signal is pinning my meter at 99% too hot!!

I plan on working on my way down to G-10 and maybe just west of that satellite.

Hey Ice,
That happened to me, so I changed my sats (IA 8) position from 89 to 88.6 degrees and the signal strength went back like it was. I have it set with USALS. I believe the sat has moved (drifted or whatever) a bit to the east.

Al

My new LNB arrived, the QPH-031. Since IA8 is my Due south, I should have an answer to the signal on this one tonight.

Dang, I got it all hooked up and was busy mussing with it, and watched a few new channels and forgot to look! I was able to pull in a few new TP's though. I think I was getting around 60% on it, but I need to update the firmware for the signal fix.

What is strongest TP on IA8?
I have being trying to find it without much sucess i can get G3C fine IA8 more to east nudging motor slowly should get me their eventualy but not so far.

Tony :)

crap. there is a feed for the hurricane stuff...thats pretty strong but I dont know it off the top of my head

Otherwise the IA8 test card (that can be found at Lyngsat)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts