Ideas about mounting new 46" HDTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
I just purchased a 46" HDTV and would like to hear Ideas about mounting it from people who have already done such.

Some of the questions I have are

- what kind of mount hardware to buy?

- best way to hide cabling (power, audio to/from receiver, video from STB, cables from DVD/VCR machine, and the cable from the internet video delivery box...don't know what that connector is yet

- any general tips from whoever has done this before (any mistakes to avoid or things you like about your installation)

- will BHN run a cable to the new area where TV is to be?

I just purchased a 46" HDTV and would like to hear Ideas about mounting it from people who have already done such.

Some of the questions I have are

- what kind of mount hardware to buy?

If you goto best buy, they will tell you which hardware you will need to purchase to mount on the wall. Last I checked, they also had the ability to install it on the wall for you. (this may have changed so don't hold me to that part)

- best way to hide cabling (power, audio to/from receiver, video from STB, cables from DVD/VCR machine, and the cable from the internet video delivery box...don't know what that connector is yet

I just did this for my brother. He already had the tv mounted, just needed the cables ran. I cut a hole that will be hidden by the tv, and just ran the jumpers to almost the bottom of the wall where the other wires were already ran. Inserted a small wall box, put a 4 hole wall plate for audio/video/hdmi/cat5 connectors.

No wires visable from receiver to tv. Looks nice, and is real simple to do.

- any general tips from whoever has done this before (any mistakes to avoid or things you like about your installation)

Take your time. Don't rush things. Improper mounting of the hardware will cause a big expense later down the road. Hire a contractor to do it for you. In the long run, it will be worth the money. You can sleep at night knowing its not gonna fall off the wall in the middle of the night!

- will BHN run a cable to the new area where TV is to be?

Yes, if there is no existing cable on that wall, they will run it. It will cost $49.99 to run the new wire from the splitter (outside or attic access).

More info on the wall plate please...where did you find one that would hold the exact complement of jacks you needed? I don't know my specifics yet, but just as an example it might be I need video coax, HDMI, component (DVD/VCR does not have HDMI-out), an audio coax or optical, cat5, etc etc. My point is, where did you find a plate to serve as the wall patch point for wall-to-component stack cables-- that will hold any shape/size of jack you need?

After looking at the room, contemplating the physical setup, and the wiring effort, I am thinking about going commercial for the installation. So, I looked on the web for ["home entertainment center" installation Melbourne fl] and found nothing.

Does anyone know of a business that does home electronics set ups in Melbourne if you don't buy the hardware from them?

A new angle to the installation question...

The discussion is regarding HDMI from STB 8300HD to the TV (possibly through the AVR)...

I have read elsewhere that there are sound issues with HDMI and the BHN DVRs. Does anybody know what this problem is and do you have any recommendation to use component or go ahead with HDMI?

Another suggestion, since generally wall mounted TV's are "clean" installs and nothing is showing, I would use an RF remote. That way regardless of where your cable box or audio receiver is, you can operate it without having to "point" a remote at it. I have all of my equipment in the closet in my office with an RF remote. Ran RGB cable to TV and speaker wires through basement. Nothing shows and even though I have a dish HD box, yamaha receiver, and an XBOX, none of it shows having a RF remote.

That sounds like a very nice setup, but the only place I have where I could hide the equipment is a LONG way away from the TV room--makes cables too long.

Know anything about the sound problem with HDMI?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts