Identify this feedhorn

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tofica

Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
Taken off from 10' unimesh.THANKS and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Attachments

• rsz_dsc01257.jpg
    rsz_dsc01257.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 211
  • rsz_dsc01261.jpg
    rsz_dsc01261.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 250
  • rsz_dsc01263.jpg
    rsz_dsc01263.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 207
  • rsz_dsc01265.jpg
    rsz_dsc01265.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 233
  • rsz_dsc01266.jpg
    rsz_dsc01266.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 209
No idea of who made it, but offhand it looks like it was designed for a fairly low f/D dish.

I used one of these for nearly 20 years, can't remember where I bought it now. It is stamped with the California Amplifier tag but I think ADL made them. There were at least three versions, rp/1, 2 and 3. Because the scaler is fixed these feeds need extension bolts to get them to the proper focal distance for the particular dish they are used on. Once they are set properly, they are a very good feed. Did a search and found one here, I guess mine is the RP-1
California Amplifier ADL-RP1 : C/KU Feedhorn | CZECH AND SLOVAK DX SATELLITE CLUB

Looks like a RP1 C/KU By National ADL. I have the RP1 C on my dish since 1989. This feed is better than the Chaparral and other choke plate feeds. It uses dual hybrid moding champers to take the out of phase energy and put it back in phase. It then sends it to the feedhorn throat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts