IE 9

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
I installed Internet Explorer 9 on my main computer this morning. Pages definitely load faster. That is a plus. So far I like it. pcmag review
Second part of review pcmag

Last edited:
Been running the Beta for a while and do not like it at all. Prefer the look and UI of 8 by a long shot. With that said, I still use FF 99% of the time anyway and currently running FF 4 RC

Been running the Beta for a while and do not like it at all. Prefer the look and UI of 8 by a long shot. With that said, I still use FF 99% of the time anyway and currently running FF RC
I am not sure if I like the look myself but it blows IE 8 away speed wise. I never liked the way FF or Chrome looked.

I downloaded for both my functional computers a little bit ago. I love it! I love the new more simplistic, more modern UI and page rendering time is much faster over IE 8. Aside from a brief stint with Netscape Communicator in the late ‘90s IE has been my browser and I’ve used IE from version 2.0 and up and it keeps getting better. I was wondering where the Search bar was until I realized they combined ii with the address bar.

Just installed IE 9 and it is slightly better in appearance than IE 9 Beta. The Beta version looked like some school kid created the design in class while they were supposed to be working on another assignment

Now only if Adobe will make a 64 bit flash so I can use IE 64 bit.

Thanks for the suggestion but I have tried Release Candidate's (RC) and Betas before. I will continue with IE 9 for now.

I think it's not bad at all. Ars has a glowing review...

The best test I know is time it takes to open engadget (without add-ons).
IE9 so far is the fastest in my unscientific test...

Diogen.

How does it compare speed-wise with Chrome?

Unless convinced otherwise, I am not even downloading it; IE has not had anything for me in a long time. Chrome took over a year ago from FF, and I have never looked back. :)

It was more sport than anything else.
I use Chrome and never used FF. And I couldn't believe what ars wrote about IE9.

The dozen or so pages I opened with IE9 leave the impression it's at least on par.
But I don't plan dropping Chrome either.

Just like Win7 after Vista, IE9 looks really good regardless what you compare it to.
At least so far...:)

Diogen.

Using IE9 now and it is cooking along pretty good. Have both FF4 and IE9 opened at the same time, clicking the same pages to see which loads faster and IE is beating FF. IE9-32 is beating IE9-64

I think IE9 will now become my primary browser. It has been years since I used IE as my browser. This is leaps and bounds better than EI9 the beta and FF4 RC

Waiting to see what FF4 has when it is officially released

How does it compare speed-wise with Chrome?

Unless convinced otherwise, I am not even downloading it; IE has not had anything for me in a long time. Chrome took over a year ago from FF, and I have never looked back. :)

Read the review links that Diogen and I posted. So far I am loving it.

Man...This thing friggen zips. I thought it was my provider slowing down my browsing, it was FF the whole time

Now time to test it out by watching some live HD streaming

Already found an issue. Cannot even watch baseball on it because the image is moved up to the far left corner so I am unable to sign in as the log-in section is hidden

Screen capture comparing IE and FF with the log-in screen for MLB.TV

IEFFCompare.png

Last edited:
I got FF zipping along now as well. I knew there should not be this big of a difference. I had to disable my Avast Webrep extension as well as FF Test Pilot extension as those things were always running when ever I use FF

The default font in IE9 has changed (for the better, I think).
When checking mail or using Google SMS the font is more "round"...

Diogen.

I just pinned all my internet shortcuts to the taskbar and removed them from my desktop picture. I now have a clean desktop picture, save my trash can and floating Google search bar, which I can't live without. If you never tried it I highly recommend giving it a spin..

Last edited:
The concept behind pinned sites is great, but MS ruined it by locking out the add-ons. The ability to load passwords, Spell Check, addblocker.............etc. Dumb move. Back to shortcuts on my desktop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)