If H10 not interactive, why the active button on the remote?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigpro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
I thought the active button was for interactive programming. Why did they put an active button on the remote of it's not capable of being interactive? :confused:

rockaway1836 said:
The remote may look the same but it is not. The remote for the H-10 is an RF remote and also has a format button that the other does not.
So why the active button then? It says "for future use" in the manual. All H10 remotes have this button?

Yes all H-10 remotes have this button. I don't think anyone really knows for sure if they will ever go interactive with it. I think it was the D-10 just received an update for this feature a couple of months ago. If you look at the manual for the H-10 and see the remote features it says for future use. Only GOD and D know for sure what that means. lol :D

Do you think it's possible the H10 could be made interactive with the new upgrades? How great would that be? I was really bemoaning the fact that I wouldn't be able to enjoy all of the features of SuperFan-- seems very silly to package HD with features (i.e., interactive features) that no existing HD receiver can access.

Login to your D* user account and go to products.
You will find the following info and a picture of the specified remote.
I bought one and it is identical in appearance and function to the one that came with my H10.
Note the "Universal" in the first sentence below.
---------------------------------------------

Replace a lost or damaged remote control with a DIRECTV® Universal Remote Control for your receiver for only $15.

This remote works with all DIRECTV® Receivers except the Samsung 360 HD Receiver. If you need to replace a remote for a Samsung 360 HD Receiver, please contact your local retailer.

If you rent your DIRECTV® System or if it is covered under the DIRECTV Protection Plan, you may be eligible to get your first remote control replacement for free. Please call for details. All additional remotes are $15.

Your new DIRECTV® Universal Remote is under a 90-day warranty -- just call 1-800-DIRECTV if it fails in that time frame.

Your new remote should arrive via FedEx in 3-4 business days.

Status
Please reply by conversation.