If I buy an Ipad?

Can it upgrade to JB or following releases?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

"...Supposedly samsung is going to roll out kit kat..."

And get sued or thanked for using the trademark? ;)

"...Supposedly samsung is going to roll out kit kat..."

And get sued or thanked for using the trademark? ;)

Google is partnered with,or paid Nestle for the rights to use kit kat name.Heck it's great advertisement for them.

I've got an iPhone and Mac so if I got an iPad air then it'd be like using a giant iPhone . Don't get me wrong I love how the iPad air feels in my hands but android tablets you can add more memory with sd cards. Both have their perks and disadvantages.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well guys, I bit the bullet, but could not afford an IPad with 4g so I bought aAsus Eee Pad TF300TL-B1-BL 32 GB Tablet - 10.1" - In-plane Switching (IPS) Technology - 4G - NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.20 GHz - 1 GB RAM - Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich - LTE - Slate - 1280 x 800 Multi-touch Screen Display (LED Backlight) - Bluetooth.
32gb enough for me, but what is 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. I it better than Jelly Bean?

I have one of these. You can add the keyboard too. Turns it into a pretty usable laptop (extra battery, full SD Card Slot, & USB Port).
If you're brave, go unlock it. The a very nice Cynogenmod running Kit Kat (4.4.2) over at XDA. Note that unlocks voids the warranty, so wait till you know you're happy. Read, Read, Read before you start.

With all the crap removed it seems faster then stock.

Only thing that would make it better is if Dish would let us to store content on the SD Card.

I got three movies on my 16GB the first time I tried such. Doubt I would ever want/need to have any more at a single time.

I guess that I am used to windows. This Android app is slow,slow,slow! I went to google play to download the Dish Anywhere App and it says that I am not registered, but nowhere is their a button to register.

ALSO, I tried to download an iTunes app, but it will not exe, but I do not know how to just delete it. Help? Its below the pop up clock window.

It depends on your definition of slow and what you are calling slow.

Remember ... it takes about 1 GB of data per hour you are transferring. An iPad Air has wireless N at 300 Mbps. It takes me about 3 minutes or so to transfer an hour program.

Other tablets may vary ... they may have AC wireless at 866 Mbps ... or then may only have N at 150 Mbps.

Also ... keep in mind that the HWS may need to convert the program also.

For my environment ... the ratio is about one half. Hence ... an hour program takes about 30 minutes which includes 25 minutes to prepare and then the few minutes to transfer (using an iPad Air with an AC router).

Obviously if you prepare your programs first ... and have the hopper prepare them say over night ... then when it comes time to transfer, you will not have to wait as long.

Now, I finally got the app downloaded and working. I went to the Hopper and selected a few recordings to transfer to Mobile. They indicate that the are preparing for transfer, but I cannot find the tab "Preparing and Transfering" as indicated the Mobile instructions on the Hopper. Help?

The programs finally showed up on the tablet with a transfer button, so I transferred them to the tablet and it worked, but not as instructed in the Hopper w/s mobile instructions. But it works, just the same. Thanks for all your help and I hope I got everything figured out now.

Will we ever see Dish establish Original Programming?

Dish Anywhere Vs Individual Provider Access

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts