If I ever go back to Dish, can I have two Hoppers with Sling and a SuperJoey?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Or at least two Hoppers with Sling? The more tuners, the better. Anyways, my contract with DirecTV will be up in under a year, and there are things I miss about Dish, but I love DirecTV as well. Anyways, I like both and don't quite know what I am going to do quite yet, but I have time to think about it. Anyways, right now I just want an idea. Can I have two Hoppers with Sling and a SuperJoey? Or what's the most I could have?

I know you can have 2 Hoppers with Sling on an account, not sure about 2 Hoppers with Sling and a SuperJoey. I think the answer is yes but not 100% positive.

Not only would you need to purchase the third Hopper but you may need to purchase other equipment for the install like a switch.

Not only would you need to purchase the third Hopper but you may need to purchase other equipment for the install like a switch.
If he's a new customer and already has the third Hopper purchased he won't need to buy any switches.

But there is still bad info in there...you can't have more than 6 leased tuners, but you can purchase additional Hoppers to go over the 6-tuner limit.

Reactions: TheKrell
The Super Joey has to talk to the Hopper over Moca. Hopper to Hopper sees each other over Moca. Moca can only handle so many tuners....

And yet there are those with 4 Hoppers and 12 tuners which seem to operate just fine.

I'm just guessing here(still trying to understand moca limitations) but the 4 hoppers just talk to eachother, for viewing purposes on the moca. To add the super Joey it actually gets more involved as far as information passed through the moca. That's just my guess. But, I'm sure there is ways to make it work, but dish just doesn't want to go through that, yet.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts