If I were a Red Sox fan I would be FURIOUS!

KCK_Halo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I am watching today's Snakes/Dodgers game and I am totally and completely insulted as a baseball fan. To all of Red Sox Nation, you should be furious.

Who is this No. 99 guy named Manny Ramierez? He is knocking the cover off the ball, fielding his position well and just hit a HR way into the LF bleachers that Scully suggests they rename "MANNYVILLE"!!!! What is most impressive is the way he is running from home to first and doesn't admire his HR's.

Isn't this disgusting, fans? This sick bastard gave up on everyone in Boston. Most importantly, he gave up on his team. To come here and show signs of brilliance only leads one to think what his past few seasons might have REALLY been.

One of the FOX analysts yesterday said it best...Manny giving up on his team is worse than anything anyone accused of taking PED did. As he put it, at least those who "juiced" were trying to HELP the team via pumping themselves up.

That is food for thought and I welcome discussion on these points.

P.S. Oh, BTW, in their tidy little game in NY today, but both the Angels' and Yankees' proud new acquistions hit Grand Slams to put their team ahead. And both "X" and "Tex" did so in quiet, stoic dignity! Bravo and Congratulations to both Xavier and Mark for making HUGE contributions to their new teams!:up

Two things:

1. When I think of L.A. and #99, all I (and you) can think of is Gretzky

2. I think you echo Bill's and my sentiments.

P.S. You said you weren't happy when the Halos traded Kotchman for 'Tex.' Have you now changed your mind?

Two things:

1. When I think of L.A. and #99, all I (and you) can think of is Gretzky

2. I think you echo Bill's and my sentiments.

P.S. You said you weren't happy when the Halos traded Kotchman for 'Tex.' Have you now changed your mind?

Good times for sure, Sabres!!!!

You said you weren't happy when the Halos traded Kotchman for 'Tex.' Have you now changed your mind?

No. Despite the grand slam. Maybe if we resign him, but not until that time at the earliest. .

You said you weren't happy when the Halos traded Kotchman for 'Tex.' Have you now changed your mind?

No. Despite the grand slam. Maybe if we resign him, but not until that time at the earliest. .

It's a catch 22 on this. The Angels obviously have decided to play it for this year. Understandable, considering their large AL West lead. However, if they dirty their diapers many more times like they did today, they will show they are not up to the caliber of play needed to go against other division leaders.

Kotch was the FUTURE at 1B for a long, long time...or so we thought. He was just getting into his own as a hitter and his defense @ 1B was ballet-like. I know they have options when they don't sign Tex, but if they don't make it to the WS this year and go into a semi-rebuilding mode, they will have lost one of their greatest assets for the next few times around.

I am watching today's Snakes/Dodgers game and I am totally and completely insulted as a baseball fan. To all of Red Sox Nation, you should be furious.

Who is this No. 99 guy named Manny Ramierez? He is knocking the cover off the ball, fielding his position well and just hit a HR way into the LF bleachers that Scully suggests they rename "MANNYVILLE"!!!! What is most impressive is the way he is running from home to first and doesn't admire his HR's.

Isn't this disgusting, fans? This sick bastard gave up on everyone in Boston. Most importantly, he gave up on his team. To come here and show signs of brilliance only leads one to think what his past few seasons might have REALLY been.

One of the FOX analysts yesterday said it best...Manny giving up on his team is worse than anything anyone accused of taking PED did. As he put it, at least those who "juiced" were trying to HELP the team via pumping themselves up.

That is food for thought and I welcome discussion on these points.

KCK,
once again GREAT post :up. Everything you posted is 100% correct and makes me want to vomit as well. That being said, the following Me-Me Ramirez quote was the biggest joke yet:

"I like that they've got my back and I've got their back," Ramirez said.

In all my years following sports, I can honestly say I've never seen an athlete with a more warped sense of reality than this retard.

KCK,
once again GREAT post :up. Everything you posted is 100% correct and makes me want to vomit as well. That being said, the following Me-Me Ramirez quote was the biggest joke yet:

"I like that they've got my back and I've got their back," Ramirez said.

In all my years following sports, I can honestly say I've never seen an athlete with a more warped sense of reality than this retard.

Thanks Bill. Today's L.A. Times sports section was filled with quotes from Manny saying how he loves L.A. and how he wants to stay here and move his family here!!! After only (then) 2 days of playing here!!! He is playing the crowd BIG time!

I expect before the season ends, there Will sadly be a MANNYVILLE in Dodger Stadium and the Dodgers will be parading him around the streets of L.A. during the day in a Popemobile so he can wave and smile and take in all of the adoration of an adoring Dodger Nation!!!!!protest

KCK,
once again GREAT post :up. In all my years following sports, I can honestly say I've never seen an athlete with a more warped sense of reality than this retard.

A close second is Gary Sheffield...VERY close second!

...and I hope the Dodgers are ready for what they went thru with Sheff again if they keep this idiot!

Today's L.A. Times sports section was filled with quotes from Manny saying how he loves L.A. and how he wants to stay here and move his family here!!! After only (then) 2 days of playing here!!!

So he had two nice games to start with his new team.

Big deal.

Remember when a guy named Herschel Walker had a great debut game with the Minnesota Vikings back in 1989?

I believe we all know how THAT turned out.

In a strange way, I want Me-Me Ramirez to bat .400 with 12 HRs and 45 RBI in August and September. Why you ask? Maybe the rest of MLB will see what a fraud this guy is when he said he couldn't play in three straight crucial games because of a "knee injury". Strange, but it looks like he's running around pretty good on that knee now. You've got your teams back, right Me-Me? YOU FRAUD!!!!!

In a strange way, I want Me-Me Ramirez to bat .400 with 12 HRs and 45 RBI in August and September. Why you ask? Maybe the rest of MLB will see what a fraud this guy is when he said he couldn't play in three straight crucial games because of a "knee injury". Strange, but it looks like he's running around pretty good on that knee now. You've got your teams back, right Me-Me? YOU FRAUD!!!!!

I'd rather he go into the tank and flop after his two nice games.

See my Herschel Walker reference.

He's eating diffeent food out there in LA, apppearantly he likes it :D
He's got the LA crowd dying for a guy to be a star and Manny is just the type of guy to do it.

Who was the last LA dodger to have a personality that the FAN wanted to accept ?

Jimbo

Bill,
Buck and McCarver were discussing that exact same thing yesterday but from a trade value angle. I agree with you. Let him go BIG and they'll see how incredibly small he was in Boston in his final years.

But Jimbo, at what price? A fraudulent jerk who is really could/should be charged with assault & battery??????

Come on now, If you want to get real technical, there are tons of athletes that should be busted for this or that, that the avg guy would be in jail for , no questions asked.

I'm not saying that he is exonerated for doing this, as it was definatly wrong, but hell, the Cincy Bengals would not be able to field a team if athletes were the same as us everyday folk.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)