If I were a Red Sox fan I would be FURIOUS!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Manny isnt cutting anything. And he shouldnt.

DAMN this is scary that we are agreeing AGAIN! WHAT does facial or other wise have ANYTHING to do with hitting a baseball? Does he have meetings with the Board of the Directors that own then Dodgers? Does he have presentations he must make to the City Counsel in downtown Los Angeles?

I loved Derrick Coleman, former NBA player, and what he did when he went to the Nets. He gave managerment a blank check and basically said to fill it out with the total amount due to fines at the end of the season, because 'I am gonna wear whatever I want!' And this guy did not have dreads, facial hair OR wore his shots down to his a$$.....

This whole dress code in sports is pretty dumb.......

Not this a$$hole, he decided to stop trying, just look at the Rivera at bat. Real red sox fans know the TEAM and its chemistry are better now without this clubhouse cancer.

Manny wanted to stay and through the cockroach Scott Boras admitted he was loafing it because of his 2009 contract.

Boston Red Sox - Ramírez lobbied to stay - The Boston Globe

eff him if he wants to quit on a team paying him 20 million dollars this year.
Funny his stats don't looking like that of a loafer. As long as he keeps his hitting going he could jog to first for all I care.

Look at the Manny rumpswabs, fans like them are the reason that a-holes like Manny think they can get away with loafing while making 20 million. Give me players like Dustin Pedroia or Kevin Youkillis any day of the week and I'll take my chances.

Manny the only guy who doesn't have to hustle or follow rules:mad:

Look at the Manny rumpswabs, fans like them are the reason that a-holes like Manny think they can get away with loafing while making 20 million. Give me players like Dustin Pedroia or Kevin Youkillis any day of the week and I'll take my chances.

It's sickening, isn't it Hart?

I am under the assumption you are talking to me and others because we will not bow to the "Red Sox Nation". Amazing how much you guys would put down the arrogance of those Yankee supporters, and you guys as stooped to the same level.

Just state you are glad he is gone....and leave it at that....period. You guys are trying too hard to justifiy that the Red Sox are not in 1st place BECAUSE of Manny.

But, IF you gotta use names to prove your point(which in many cases means you have no argument)...so be it. You do what ya gotta do.....:rolleyes:

I am under the assumption you are talking to me and others because we will not bow to the "Red Sox Nation". Amazing how much you guys would put down the arrogance of those Yankee supporters, and you guys as stooped to the same level.

Just state you are glad he is gone....and leave it at that....period. You guys are trying too hard to justifiy that the Red Sox are not in 1st place BECAUSE of Manny.

But, IF you gotta use names to prove your point(which in many cases means you have no argument)...so be it. You do what ya gotta do.....:rolleyes:

Salsa,
where has this arguement come from? This is the third post today, where you've said we're blaming Manny for not being in first place. I've never seen that brought up before today. FYI, I was crititical of Me-Me when the Red Sox were in first place. Hypothetically if they were in first place and had a lead as large as the Angels have, I'D STILL BE CRITICAL!!

This article came from a self proclaimed "Manny apologist" :

By Joann Fitzpatrick
The Patriot Ledger
Posted Aug 02, 2008 @ 02:15 AM
QUINCY —
Man-child? Moron? Maniac? Master manipulator? Ah, Manny Ramirez, how many personas are there? Is he a Dominican Sybil? If there aren’t multiple Mannys hiding under the signature dreadlocks, we must credit him with the gift of originality. Every year brings another Manny episode, especially when the mid-summer trade deadline approaches. But the details change, the better to keep the crowd interested.
Who knows what set off Manny this year? Perhaps things were going too smoothly, too quietly. In the final year of an eight-year contract that paid him an average of $20 million per season, Manny came to spring training smiling, happy and more fit than ever and started the season on a tear. He had 10 homers in the first two months and became a member of the 500 club. He’s No. 23 on the all-time home run list as of this week.
All was right in Manny World. How boring.
Then Manny started muttering about the Red Sox not moving to pick up his option for next year, though it is well-known that the Sox rarely talk contract terms during the season.
That was last week, as David Ortiz was pounding the ball in Pawtucket and set for a triumphant return to Fenway after two months on the disabled list.
It was supposed to be a happy week, at a point when Ortiz’s bat was badly needed to stop the surging Yankees and dethrone the first-place Rays. Then Manny became the skunk at the park.
He baited the Red Sox into trading him over the next eight days and then underlined his pique by taking himself out of last Friday night’s series opener with New York.
This Manny moment was different, I agree. I count myself one of his biggest fans – “apologists,” they call us. I’ve always been able to forgive Manny’s nuttiness, had an explanation for all of it. The bottom line: “We pay him to hit the ball and he hits the ball.”
Let’s not forget the 86-year drought. The sports radio yahoos can bash Manny all day long but Sox fans would not be savoring two World Series wins today if Manny had not been in the lineup. So what if Manny complained he didn’t get any privacy. Here’s a tip he could have used: You should have cut the dreads and moved to Braintree or Medfield and your family would have had more privacy, Manny.
The oversized ego? He’s a ballplayer.
Eight years is a long time when a relationship is stormy. At first it was pure romance; He was a lot younger then and, like any smitten woman, we fell hard. It was easy to ignore the early outbursts; the hits made them bearable. After a while, in true enabling form, we decided it was “Manny Being Manny,” a unique syndrome. It meant anything could be forgiven.
But this time was different; it was not funny anymore. In the past, when critics blamed Manny for letting down the team, players were willing to accept it because Manny’s contributions over the course of a season helped the team tremendously.
However, by taking himself out of the lineup against the charging Yankees, without having the courtesy to go to the manager, Ramirez not only slammed Terry Francona, he stomped on his good pal Ortiz.
It was to be Papi’s big night but the Manny controversy stole the spotlight and denied the Sox the 1-2 punch that had been the game’s best power pair. As it turned out, Manny wasn’t available to pinch hit in a one-run game the Yankees won.
No smile, no glib afterthoughts, are charming enough to make up for such disrespect. And this tantrum was preceded by his shoving the team’s 62-year-old road manager. Why? Because he wouldn’t reserve enough tickets at a sold-out road game for the superstar’s friends.
He was tired of us and we were tired of him, Manny says. I can live with that.
Divorce is painful, even in baseball. He gets the rings but we keep the championship flags. Not a bad deal.
JoAnn Fitzpatrick can be reached at joannftzptrck@yahoo.com.

Salsa,
where has this arguement come from? This is the third post today, where you've said we're blaming Manny for not being in first place. I've never seen that brought up before today. FYI, I was crititical of Me-Me when the Red Sox were in first place. Hypothetically if they were in first place and had a lead as large as the Angels have, I'D STILL BE CRITICAL!!

"cancer in the clubhouse"......"becoming a distraction" ....THAT is justifying that 'if he were not here, would not be in this situation'.....

"cancer in the clubhouse"......"becoming a distraction" ....THAT is justifying that 'if he were not here, would not be in this situation'.....

Except that's NOT what I'm saying. I would be a fool to say the Sox are a better team without Manny. But that's a Manny that gives 100%, and when his personal contract crap comes second. IMO, clubhouse unity trumps whatever potential you can get from an individual player. And that sh#tshow that the Sox put on against the Yankees and Angels proves that.

This article came from a self proclaimed "Manny apologist" :

By Joann Fitzpatrick
The Patriot Ledger
Posted Aug 02, 2008 @ 02:15 AM
QUINCY —
Man-child? Moron? Maniac? Master manipulator? Ah, Manny Ramirez, how many personas are there? Is he a Dominican Sybil? If there aren’t multiple Mannys hiding under the signature dreadlocks, we must credit him with the gift of originality. Every year brings another Manny episode, especially when the mid-summer trade deadline approaches. But the details change, the better to keep the crowd interested.
Who knows what set off Manny this year? Perhaps things were going too smoothly, too quietly. In the final year of an eight-year contract that paid him an average of $20 million per season, Manny came to spring training smiling, happy and more fit than ever and started the season on a tear. He had 10 homers in the first two months and became a member of the 500 club. He’s No. 23 on the all-time home run list as of this week.
All was right in Manny World. How boring.
Then Manny started muttering about the Red Sox not moving to pick up his option for next year, though it is well-known that the Sox rarely talk contract terms during the season.
That was last week, as David Ortiz was pounding the ball in Pawtucket and set for a triumphant return to Fenway after two months on the disabled list.
It was supposed to be a happy week, at a point when Ortiz’s bat was badly needed to stop the surging Yankees and dethrone the first-place Rays. Then Manny became the skunk at the park.
He baited the Red Sox into trading him over the next eight days and then underlined his pique by taking himself out of last Friday night’s series opener with New York.
This Manny moment was different, I agree. I count myself one of his biggest fans – “apologists,” they call us. I’ve always been able to forgive Manny’s nuttiness, had an explanation for all of it. The bottom line: “We pay him to hit the ball and he hits the ball.”Let’s not forget the 86-year drought. The sports radio yahoos can bash Manny all day long but Sox fans would not be savoring two World Series wins today if Manny had not been in the lineup. So what if Manny complained he didn’t get any privacy. Here’s a tip he could have used: You should have cut the dreads and moved to Braintree or Medfield and your family would have had more privacy, Manny.
The oversized ego? He’s a ballplayer.
Eight years is a long time when a relationship is stormy. At first it was pure romance; He was a lot younger then and, like any smitten woman, we fell hard. It was easy to ignore the early outbursts; the hits made them bearable. After a while, in true enabling form, we decided it was “Manny Being Manny,” a unique syndrome. It meant anything could be forgiven.
But this time was different; it was not funny anymore. In the past, when critics blamed Manny for letting down the team, players were willing to accept it because Manny’s contributions over the course of a season helped the team tremendously.
However, by taking himself out of the lineup against the charging Yankees, without having the courtesy to go to the manager, Ramirez not only slammed Terry Francona, he stomped on his good pal Ortiz.
It was to be Papi’s big night but the Manny controversy stole the spotlight and denied the Sox the 1-2 punch that had been the game’s best power pair. As it turned out, Manny wasn’t available to pinch hit in a one-run game the Yankees won.
No smile, no glib afterthoughts, are charming enough to make up for such disrespect. And this tantrum was preceded by his shoving the team’s 62-year-old road manager. Why? Because he wouldn’t reserve enough tickets at a sold-out road game for the superstar’s friends.
He was tired of us and we were tired of him, Manny says. I can live with that.
Divorce is painful, even in baseball. He gets the rings but we keep the championship flags. Not a bad deal.

JoAnn Fitzpatrick can be reached at joannftzptrck@yahoo.com.

Make sure your read everything that is highlighted.....seems to be forgotten in all these discussions.;)

Except that's NOT what I'm saying. I would be a fool to say the Sox are a better team without Manny. But that's a Manny that gives 100%, and when his personal contract crap comes second. IMO, clubhouse unity trumps whatever potential you can get from an individual player. And that sh#tshow that the Sox put on against the Yankees and Angels proves that.

Club house unity is overrated and over stated. Did you see much "clubhouse unity" with the forementioned A's of the early 70s? Or the Yankees of the late 70s? Again, WINNING cures everything...and they aren't winning. Again, I will give you that there is no excuse or explination for the taking himself out of the lineup...but the other things you listed....I don't see it.

Look, I am a HUGE Raiders fan...and much as you are a Red Sox/Celtics or Pats fan....but when they had Randy Moss....this bull**** about him being a team cancer was not an issue with me because my Raiders SUCKED. And did Randy Moss sulked....yep....did he whined....yep....AND HE QUIT!!!!! But I would too if my team sucked. I don't see you moaning and complaining when Randy Moss became a Pat...WHY? Because they are winning.....plain and simple.....same thing applies here.

Club house unity helps you hit home runs against he Yanks in the playoffs?

That person that wrote the column....gets' it.

Thank You..............I thought so too. :D

Last edited:
Club house unity is overrated and over stated. Did you see much "clubhouse unity" with the forementioned A's of the early 70s? Or the Yankees of the late 70s? Again, WINNING cures everything...and they aren't winning.

I totally agree with these examples you gave. BUT I don't recall Reggie Jackson, Sal Bando, Joe Rudi, or Gene Tenace quitting on the A's. And I certainly don't remember Reggie (except for that one time in Fenway ,when Billy Martin pulled his ass out of the game for not hustling), Lou Piniella, Graig Nettles, or Thurman Munson quitting on the Yankees.

Again, I will give you that there is no excuse or explination for the taking himself out of the lineup...but the other things you listed....I don't see it.

OK fine, but isn't THAT enough?

Look, I am a HUGE Raiders fan...and much as you are a Red Sox/Celtics or Pats fan....but when they had Randy Moss....this bull**** about him being a team cancer was not an issue with me because my Raiders SUCKED. And did Randy Moss sulked....yep....did he whined....yep....AND HE QUIT!!!!! But I would too if my team sucked. I don't see you moaning and complaining when Randy Moss became a Pat...WHY? Because they are winning.....plain and simple.....same thing applies here.

I actually hated it when the Pats got Moss, but I love it now. Why? Because he's produced AND has been a model citizen. You should HATE Moss for quitting on his team, because that's exactly what he did.

BTW, no disrespect to your Raiders who do suck at the moment ,but are one of the NFL's proud franchises..........BUT how can you compare Moss with the last place Raiders and Manny with a pennant contending team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts