If I were a Red Sox fan I would be FURIOUS!

BTW, no disrespect to your Raiders who do suck at the moment ,but are one of the NFL's proud franchises..........BUT how can you compare Moss with the last place Raiders and Manny with a pennant contending team?

Same player, same circumstances....more or less. The ONLY difference is that the Raiders were in did last and the Red Sox were not in 1st place. Manny and Moss is the EXACT same player. WHY is he a "model citizen"...because the Pats are kicking ass left and right...period.

In defense of Ortiz, his wrist has been bothering him this year.

On the other hand, Ortiz benefited greatly throughout his career when Ramirez was hitting behind him. Now that Man-Ram is no longer on the BoSox, I would expect Ortiz's numbers to suffer significantly.

I would not user the words "suffer significantly"...but they will drop. There was legit fear of that 1-2 punch by pitchers in the American League....now that can be alot more "careful" in pitching to big Papi.

From today's L.A. Times:

For sale in the Dodgers team stores: Ramirez lapel pins ($5) and a limited number of "Mannywood" T-shirts ($25) with the outfielder's No. 99 alongside a silhouette of his dreadlocked head. The much anticipated beany caps with attached dreds have been delayed and are not expected to arrive at the stadium until at least Saturday...much to the chagrin of the waiting-to-pay $25 per set of dreds Dodger fans.

RedSox fans should rejoice . . . last night it was Manny being Manny as he went to the clubhouse in the 8th only to realize he was still in the game. He ran out to left, uniform partially unbuttoned and had to play . . . Manny being Manny!

Supposedly, Manny had to go to the bathroom. I saw that on ESPN. Take it for what it's worth.

No, that was Manny's "funny" response. Torre cleared it all up after the game. There was miscommunication between them and Manny thought he was done for the night. My question is this...why wouldn't a TEAM PLAYER want to sit on the bench for an inning to cheer on his teammates? Why was this guy already half undressed and ready for the showers????

Also, FYI, there is a restroom at the far end of every MLB dugout so there is no need to go down to the clubhouse should nature call.

For the people who read the New York Post or The Daily News, there was an article last week about how Manny wanted to sign with the Yankees just to stick it the Red Sox. That wouldn't surprise me.

Manny Cut's Hair

mannyhaircut02.jpg
"I was in the principal's office right now," Ramirez said upon emerging from Torre's office some three hours before the Dodgers faced the Phillies. "[Torre] told me he's fine, for now."

Said Torre: "He came in and showed me. As Billy Crystal said in 'Analyze That,' it's a process. He took a little bit off. It's within the rules of cleaning it up a little bit. Right now, it's around his shoulders. It's not covering his name up. We'll continue to monitor it."

Ramirez said he plans to get his next haircut before spring training.

"He haunts me with this," Torre said. "He says every time he gets a hit, it's the hair. I say it's the ability. He knows as well as everybody else around here that his ability is special. He's a character."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)