If I were a Red Sox fan I would be FURIOUS!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Come on now, If you want to get real technical, there are tons of athletes that should be busted for this or that, that the avg guy would be in jail for , no questions asked.

I'm not saying that he is exonerated for doing this, as it was definatly wrong, but hell, the Cincy Bengals would not be able to field a team if athletes were the same as us everyday folk.

Jimbo

AMEN to the 1st sentence and ROFLMAO for the 2nd!

I expect before the season ends, there Will sadly be a MANNYVILLE in Dodger Stadium and the Dodgers will be parading him around the streets of L.A. during the day in a Popemobile so he can wave and smile and take in all of the adoration of an adoring Dodger Nation!!!!!protest

Here's what I see. Manny plays great for 2 months for his next contract, the L.A. fans love him and he loves them, fans clamor for the Dodgers to sign him to a contract and then he gets his big contract and goes back to being "manny just being manny" and the Dodgers get %^&** in the deal!

Here's what I see. Manny plays great for 2 months for his next contract, the L.A. fans love him and he loves them, fans clamor for the Dodgers to sign him to a contract and then he gets his big contract and goes back to being "manny just being manny" and the Dodgers get %^&** in the deal!

+1. All players tend to try more during a contract year.

There only about 2 months left in the season. SO I suppose this means Manny helps them win their division and make the playoffs.

+1. All players tend to try more during a contract year.

Not this a$$hole, he decided to stop trying, just look at the Rivera at bat. Real red sox fans know the TEAM and its chemistry are better now without this clubhouse cancer.

Manny wanted to stay and through the cockroach Scott Boras admitted he was loafing it because of his 2009 contract.

Boston Red Sox - Ramírez lobbied to stay - The Boston Globe

For the Sox, the source said, Ramírez's pledge of good behavior only served as a tacit admission that his disruptive conduct of the last couple of weeks had been calculated, and they had had good cause to suspect more was in the offing if they did not trade him. The Sox told him thanks but no thanks, what was done was done, and pack plenty of sunscreen.

eff him if he wants to quit on a team paying him 20 million dollars this year.

Not this a$$hole, he decided to stop trying, just look at the Rivera at bat. Real red sox fans know the TEAM and its chemistry are better now without this clubhouse cancer.

Manny wanted to stay and through the cockroach Scott Boras admitted he was loafing it because of his 2009 contract.

Boston Red Sox - Ramírez lobbied to stay - The Boston Globe

eff him if he wants to quit on a team paying him 20 million dollars this year.

+1. You can forgive a lot in baseball, not trying is not one of them.

"Mannyville" will have a short theatrical run here before returning to the east coast in 2009.

Part of his agreeing to be traded was the wish to become a free agent at the end of the season and the Dodgers will acommodate him.

Teams in the bidding will be the Mets, Yankees, Orioles and the Indians. Scott Boras will look for offers starting at 4 years and around $25m per season.

"Mannyville" will have a short theatrical run here before returning to the east coast in 2009.

Part of his agreeing to be traded was the wish to become a free agent at the end of the season and the Dodgers will acommodate him.

Teams in the bidding will be the Mets, Yankees, Orioles and the Indians. Scott Boras will look for offers starting at 4 years and around $25m per season.

I think the Mets are the clear cut favorites to get Me-Me's "services" in 2009.

:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha

The Orioles?

Seriously?

Why would Manny want to play for a beer-league team disguised as a professional team?

I think a better question is, why would a team rebuilding want that cancer in their clubhouse?

Oh God, that's all the Mets need is Manny. As if the clubhouse wasn't in turmoil with Willie Randolph. If they get Manny, he'll produce, no doubt about it but what he's done has turned me off.
I'm surprised he went to LA. Torre and him is like oil and water. Torre, old school, reserved and a class act. Manny, new school, cocky, arrogant and is for himself. I'm surprised they've even co existed this long.

Oh God, that's all the Mets need is Manny. As if the clubhouse wasn't in turmoil with Willie Randolph. If they get Manny, he'll produce, no doubt about it but what he's done has turned me off.
I'm surprised he went to LA. Torre and him is like oil and water. Torre, old school, reserved and a class act. Manny, new school, cocky, arrogant and is for himself. I'm surprised they've even co existed this long.

My thoughts exactly, and apparently Joe asked Me-Me to cut his hair:

This Should Go Well: Joe Torre Tells Manny to Shave His Dreads

Posted Aug 4th 2008 2:48PM by Eamonn Brennan (author feed)
Filed under: Dodgers, AL West, MLB Media Watch
manny-dreads.jpg

Manny Ramirez has often been accused of frivolity, and the charges are probably deserved. He's a silly guy. When he's performing well, hitting sky shots in the ALCS, people love Manny's quirks. Then, later, they trade him.

That's all fair, but the next step in the saga of Manny Ramirez is his adaptation to a new team, and a new manager, Joe Torre, who typically prefers his players quirk- and shag-free. Which is why he asked Manny to cut his dreadlocks. For real. L.A. Times columnist T.J. Simers rightly thinks it isn't going to happen, and made a bet with Torre on the matter:
If Ramirez returns to Dodger Stadium a week from today to open the team's next home stand with all his hair, Torre said he would make a donation to Mattel Children's Hospital at UCLA. [...] But just between you and me, who is Torre kidding? You think he's going to bench Ramirez because the guy doesn't get his hair cut? You think if he fines him it will make a difference, Ramirez knowing he's not getting paid by the Dodgers, so there's no money to take out of his pay?​
For the purpose of the column, Simers takes a pretty lighthearted tone toward the issue, but this is the sort of thing that breeds acrimony. It might start small -- and Torre likely has a check to write in his future -- but if Manny makes a habit of plainly ignoring the new boss' whims, things could get ugly quick. Perhaps Manny's not so lovable after all

manny-dreads.jpg

Manny Ramirez has often been accused of frivolity, and the charges are probably deserved. He's a silly guy. When he's performing well, hitting sky shots in the ALCS, people love Manny's quirks. Then, later, they trade him.

That's all fair, but the next step in the saga of Manny Ramirez is his adaptation to a new team, and a new manager, Joe Torre, who typically prefers his players quirk- and shag-free. Which is why he asked Manny to cut his dreadlocks. For real. L.A. Times columnist T.J. Simers rightly thinks it isn't going to happen, and made a bet with Torre on the matter:
If Ramirez returns to Dodger Stadium a week from today to open the team's next home stand with all his hair, Torre said he would make a donation to Mattel Children's Hospital at UCLA. [...] But just between you and me, who is Torre kidding? You think he's going to bench Ramirez because the guy doesn't get his hair cut? You think if he fines him it will make a difference, Ramirez knowing he's not getting paid by the Dodgers, so there's no money to take out of his pay?
For the purpose of the column, Simers takes a pretty lighthearted tone toward the issue, but this is the sort of thing that breeds acrimony. It might start small -- and Torre likely has a check to write in his future -- but if Manny makes a habit of plainly ignoring the new boss' whims, things could get ugly quick. Perhaps Manny's not so lovable after all

Torre is going to make a donation to the Mattel Children's Hospital at UCLA. Translation:Manny isn't going to cut his hair and I KNOW it. If Torre is going to write a check to a children's hospital everytime Manny acts up, he could single-handlely add another wing to the Mattel Hospital and build a brand new children's hospital in general. The tension is already starting to mount.

I can tell you right now, there's not a chance in hell Manny's coming back to Cleveland. If ownership wouldn't pony up the money to sign a perennial Cy Young pitcher (Sabathia) for less, why would they commit $25 million/yr to Man-Ram?

manny-dreads.jpg

If Ramirez returns to Dodger Stadium a week from today to open the team's next home stand with all his hair, Torre said he would make a donation to Mattel Children's Hospital at UCLA. [...] But just between you and me, who is Torre kidding? You think he's going to bench Ramirez because the guy doesn't get his hair cut? You think if he fines him it will make a difference, Ramirez knowing he's not getting paid by the Dodgers, so there's no money to take out of his pay?
Manny isnt cutting anything. And he shouldnt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)