If you are having trouble...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Do you have premier or sports package? What they are showing appears to be NHL network. There's a big NHL logo in the bottom right corner of the screen. However, they are using content from the NFL Network since NHL Network doesn't exist yet. I'd suspect that the NHL Network will be a sports package channel so unless you subscribe to it you won't get it on the test channel. Maybe D* is testing channels from the various packages to make sure that they billing/authorization system is working correctly.

I'm getting both 9300 and 9301 and I haven't had any problems with no matter they've shown on 9300. However, I have the premier package so I should get whatever they put on the test channels.

I hope you're right... I've been getting a little worried since I should be getting NFL Network (Plus HD), but I don't have the sports pack, so I wouldn't see NHL.

Seems like a long time to test the NHL channel, though (since 10:00 or so last night), especially if it doesn't exist/doesn't have any content yet...

9300 From Searching to Satellite to Blank Screen to Channel not Purchased
I do have the sports pak.
9301 Always working
480 - Always working
481 - Not working on both boxes to only working on one box to working on both boxes
Chicago Suburbs

Do you have premier or sports package? What they are showing appears to be NHL network. There's a big NHL logo in the bottom right corner of the screen. However, they are using content from the NFL Network since NHL Network doesn't exist yet. I'd suspect that the NHL Network will be a sports package channel so unless you subscribe to it you won't get it on the test channel. Maybe D* is testing channels from the various packages to make sure that they billing/authorization system is working correctly.

I'm getting both 9300 and 9301 and I haven't had any problems with no matter they've shown on 9300. However, I have the premier package so I should get whatever they put on the test channels.
That is what I suspected.

worried

I only see "searching for signal on satellite 2...(771)"
on 480,481,9300,9301. I have slimline dish,new hddvr with b bands
I have every package that d* offers except the titanium, which we all know is just a value placed on the service for the lawsuits against the card programming thieves

Test Channels

Once I removed the diplexers everything works fine. Channel 9300 is presently acting like a pay channel. Channel 9310 comes in fine as does test chanel 498. I can also get 480 and 481.

Signal strengths on 103 (b) are in the 80 to 90 range.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for the diplexer problem?

Today at 12PM All channels were working. H20 and HR20 sw 18a
498 had black screen until today.

I am only getting 9301. 9300 says that I don't subscribe to the channel (even though I have the Premier package), and I get nothing on 480 and 481. I get the test screen on 498.

My signal strengths on 103(b) are low, all in the 40-60 range. I've spoken with tech twice on this issue, and they assure me that everything is fine.

I was over in the chat room at the other site and here's what it sounds like the problem is. Even if you have the Premier package you still need to see the drop/add for the HD access, Starz HD, Cineman HD and Sports Package HD on your account. If you only see the HD access but not the Sports Package you're probably not seeing 9300 after they changed to the NFL network last night from A&E. Some folks have reported that their account continues to get updated so hopefully D* will get around to getting everyone fixed before the turn up.

You can verify what's on your account by going to the D* site anc going to the change programming option. On the top of that page there's five selections, the far left is "Base Packages" and the far right is "Changes Summary", click on Changes Summary to see what D* has on your account for HD channel access.

9300 & 9301

Seems fine here...NFL network in SD on 9300 and Discovery in HD on 9301.

I was over in the chat room at the other site and here's what it sounds like the problem is. Even if you have the Premier package you still need to see the drop/add for the HD access, Starz HD, Cineman HD and Sports Package HD on your account. If you only see the HD access but not the Sports Package you're probably not seeing 9300 after they changed to the NFL network last night from A&E. Some folks have reported that their account continues to get updated so hopefully D* will get around to getting everyone fixed before the turn up.

You can verify what's on your account by going to the D* site anc going to the change programming option. On the top of that page there's five selections, the far left is "Base Packages" and the far right is "Changes Summary", click on Changes Summary to see what D* has on your account for HD channel access.
I do not have a sports package but get NFL network normally. Why would I not get it in HD now?????? I have Total Choice PLus, HD access, SHOHD and HBOHD.

I do not have a sports package but get NFL network normally. Why would I not get it in HD now?????? I have Total Choice PLus, HD access, SHOHD and HBOHD.

Don't know but that's the general though on what's happening over in the chat room.

I just got off the phone with a csr, and she was definitely clueless. However, she was adamant about the channels not being launched until next week. D*must have given directives to the csr's after the problems last week.

I just got off the phone with a csr, and she was definitely clueless. However, she was adamant about the channels not being launched until next week. D*must have given directives to the csr's after the problems last week.

That's funny, last week, this week, now next week, next month. Funny, thought part of the propoganda they were pushing was by the end of the month?? Anyway....ridiculous... I can't wait until my 1 year ends so I can explore other options. I'll enjoy Sunday Ticket this year and move on....:up

I would put more stock in what Scott said here earlier than with a csr.

If you have having any trouble picking up the test channels please post them here but ALSO please report them at www.iamanedgecutter.com

www.iamanedgecutter.com is a website that as put together by Earl of DBSTalk and allows all forum members (no matter which forum you use) to submit their findings so that the data can be better tabulated for DirecTV.

Thanks Earl for the site!

As of 4:30 pm cst I am viewing Discover Channel on 9301 in 1080i but 9300 says channel not purchased.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)