Sunday Night NFL HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No black bars here ....
Typical average HD from NBC, could be better, but still better than no HD

Jimbo

Last edited:
I just switched to an OTA and I'm getting it out of Dayton fine (2 WDTN) instead of my Cincinnati station, stupid WLWT:) Guess this will have to do.

I was thinking it looked better OTA then the wife even said something about it, I find that funny because she never notices stuff like that, lol.

I just switched to an OTA and I'm getting it out of Dayton fine (2 WDTN) instead of my Cincinnati station, stupid WLWT:) Guess this will have to do.

I was thinking it looked better OTA then the wife even said something about it, I find that funny because she never notices stuff like that, lol.
She's catching on :)

Occasionally the local network guy will forget to flip the HD switch.
A few years back I spoke to our locals about that and he told me that (at the time,mind you) the ANALOG is still the priority as most do not have HD .... What an attitude I thought.

Basically F the guy that spends all the money on the new stuff.
It's not that way anymore normally, I AM surprised that this is not a Computer that changes from HD to SD and Back by now. Remember most of your commercials are still in SD.

She even went into the extra bedroom to watch her shows because of the time I spent hooking the antenna up, normally I would be in there watching the game in SD come 9:00pm :)

Aside from the horrible 1080i performance it appears fine.

Seriously folks.. is there ANYTHING we can do about NBC's abysmal HD picture?

I must say... "The Matrix" in HD on Sci Fi looks SPECTACULAR... if you're tired of the pixel-fest that is NBC HD

Fire NBC-HD from the face of the earth? they suxor big time, I hate to watch my Patriots game on that channel! And this is 2 weeks in a row that I had to suffer this tragedy.

Fire NBC-HD from the face of the earth? they suxor big time, I hate to watch my Patriots game on that channel! And this is 2 weeks in a row that I had to suffer this tragedy.

You can count on that happening more often thru the rest of the year with the exception of the Steelers game, thats at 4 pm already. I expect NBC to use thier Flex ability to thier best ability, like they did for the exciting blowout against the Bills last week....
I thought the flex thing was for showing the BEST game of the week, not the best BLOWOUT.

I could not believe it when they decided to show that game instead of the origianlly scheduled one.

jimbo

Last edited:
You can count on that happening more often thru the rest of the year with the exception of the Steelers game, thats at 4 pm already. I expect NBC to use their Flex ability to their best ability, like they did for the exciting blowout against the Bills last week....
I thought the flex thing was for showing the BEST game of the week, not the best BLOWOUT.

I could not believe it when they decided to show that game instead of the originally scheduled one.

jimbo

The NFL needs to fix this cluster-F during the off season. This type of schedule is ridiculous.

Our NBC has actually been pretty darn good lately. They ended one of their sub-channels when The Tube went belly up and this has made all the difference to their main channel's PQ.

Our NBC has actually been pretty darn good lately. They ended one of their sub-channels when The Tube went belly up and this has made all the difference to their main channel's PQ.

I've noticed a slight improvement, but still alot of pixalation when showing close up of replays I think it was mostly.
Overall, it still has a ways to go to catch up with even Fox let alone CBS and the MPEG4 stuff.

Jimbo

The Dayton OTA looked a LOT better then my normal feed off the box. That's one of the reasons I normally watch in it SD, because the PQ bothers me so much.

Thank god next week I can watch the Patriots game on NFL ST HD. Thank you, I can't take it anymore, like Jimbo said, NFL needs to say something to NBC-HD, either fix the problem or we moving to a different network! I vote Sunday Night football on CBS too or even Fox!

Thank god next week I can watch the Patriots game on NFL ST HD. Thank you, I can't take it anymore, like Jimbo said, NFL needs to say something to NBC-HD, either fix the problem or we moving to a different network! I vote Sunday Night football on CBS too or even Fox!

Don't think that's possible. There's that silly thing called a contract.

The Dayton OTA looked a LOT better then my normal feed off the box. That's one of the reasons I normally watch in it SD, because the PQ bothers me so much.

You're lucky. My OTA is just as bad as the D* feed. In my case, it's the local affiliate and NBC teaming up, I think. The pixellation on their local news, etc, which is broadcast in HD is, if anything, even worse than the football games. It's like block city every time they have graphics changing on screen, showing traffic or weather.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)