If you are having trouble...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
HR20-700 in OKC. Getting some channels and searching for signal 771 on others. Then they'll switch back and forth to the ones I got I don't get and vice versa. While other times I've been able to get all the channels. I have rebooted and refreshed on the website and it hasn't help. Calling CS today. Very happy though to get it up and going. Wish FSN was added witih OU game this weekend.

Have you checked the signal strengths on both tuners? Sounds like one of them is not getting it...

I checked the channell categories went to HD channels and all are listed. 206 espn in Hd also some of 362 and 280. Not much programing in HD right now (9:00am CT) Check it out

Signal strengths look good. I have an OTA with a splitter, from other posts that seems to be a potential problem. If that's the case, if I disconnect my air OTA cable outside from the splitter shouldn't I be able to test this?

You need to remove all the splitters/diplexors from the DBS cable line at both ends, needs a straight through run from the dish/switch to the receiver, diplexing OTA on the sat cable not allowed for the new sats.

Signal strengths look good. I have an OTA with a splitter, from other posts that seems to be a potential problem. If that's the case, if I disconnect my air OTA cable outside from the splitter shouldn't I be able to test this?
Yup remove it. I had a problem on mine until it was removed.

I am not geting the new HD version of the NFL Network even though I should be. (getting 721 message).

After updating my favorites list for the channel's HD version and trying a receiver reset, twice, I called Directv tech support.

I was told that many customers are not getting all the HD channels that they should be and that there would be another re-launch of the HD channels tommorrow AGAIN to try to fix some of these problems.

Anyone else having problems with NFL HD ?

Did you get it fixed and if so how ?

I am not geting the new HD version of the NFL Network even though I should be. (getting 721 message).

After updating my favorites list for the channel's HD version and trying a receiver reset, twice, I called Directv tech support.

I was told that many customers are not getting all the HD channels that they should be and that there would be another re-launch of the HD channels tommorrow AGAIN to try to fix some of these problems.

Anyone else having problems with NFL HD ?

Did you get it fixed and if so how ?

I had issues with most of the new HD channels only was getting new ESPN HD channels. I called CS and was tranfered to tech support after usual troubleshooting. Tech support tried to tell me she is not sure the channels were not launching today and that they were coming and she did not know when and she said she confirmed with a supervisor. I told her that she is not providing correct information since right on the front page of the website that they are the new hd channels, after going back and forth with this and some of the same troubleshooting that I went through in CS she decided to delete my HD package and re-add it then all my channels came up. I don't believe they properly inform the staff of what is going on she should of never informed me that the HD channels are not launching yet and she did not know when, she really had no clue.

Could be they did send out notification but you can't force the CSR to read them. I remember back in my old life putting change info one our intranet site, which was everyones default home page. Probably 20% to 30% of the people never bother reading it and then call up the help desk to say why has something changed or stopped working the old way.

hallelujah!

Hi everyone,
It's nice having new HD stations, but they don't look right. It seems that the picture is too big for the screen, but with very narrow sidebars. I'm referring to what came up new this morning. Well it's a start.
Jim B

Hi everyone,
It's nice having new HD stations, but they don't look right. It seems that the picture is too big for the screen, but with very narrow sidebars. I'm referring to what came up new this morning. Well it's a start.
Jim B

If you're seeing the small black bars, what you're seeing is upconverted SD... you need to find a channel that is showing something that really is HD (usually, but not always, denoted by the HD logo in the guide).

Any ideas> -

I am one of the unlucky ones. My first HR-20 went out a month ago and was replaced by a D* installer. The second one appears to work fine ..I get all channels including the old (MPEG-2) HD. I am not technically knowledgeable, but know a little from reading various forum posts.

When the new MPEG-4 channels got turned on, I was only able to receive them by first going to channel 206 then 207 first ...before going to a new HD channel. I now cannot get any new HD channels at all.

I was able to check sat strength by following posted directions. I get all zeros on sat 103(b) tuner one and don’t know why. I know the B band converters were installed by D* when they changed out the last HR-20. (And I have the new 5LNB sat dish.) Test channel 480 and 481 all show "searching for satellite" which I understand is a good sign. But I also get that message on all new channels.

What could cause me to not to be able to receive the new HD channels? All my installation work was done professionally ...either by the original company where I purchased my setup (Pioneer 65" rear projection in a very expensive 12 foot X 7 foot cabinet) or by D* installers (numerous times.) What could cause me not to be able to get the new channels? I am really disappointed in the roll-out. I don’t know much more than the above.

I called D* customer service and they transferred me to their technical people and when they couldn’t get the new HD channels going, scheduled a service call for later today. Again, anyone know what the problem might be? D* installers seem to only want to get in and get out fast ...and I question some of their expertise. I am really frustrated and annoyed by all of this. Any help will be appreciated.

If you're seeing the small black bars, what you're seeing is upconverted SD... you need to find a channel that is showing something that really is HD (usually, but not always, denoted by the HD logo in the guide).
I have a feeling many people will be disappointed to learn that not all programming on the new HD channels is recorded in HD, and therefore will not look much better than the SD version. On a side note, has anyone noticed any artifacts (white dots or bars) on the very edges of the picture when displayed in 1080i? I have an HR20-700 connected via HDMI to a Sony 40" XBR2. Setting the picture size on the Sony to Normal (as opposed to Full Pixel) fixes the problem, but only by cropping the picture by about a dozen pixels. It's hardly anything to complain about, but I'm curious if others have noticed it as well.

When the new MPEG-4 channels got turned on, I was only able to receive them by first going to channel 206 then 207 first ...before going to a new HD channel. I now cannot get any new HD channels at all.

I was able to check sat strength by following posted directions. I get all zeros on sat 103(b) tuner one and don’t know why. I know the B band converters were installed by D* when they changed out the last HR-20. (And I have the new 5LNB sat dish.) Test channel 480 and 481 all show "searching for satellite" which I understand is a good sign. But I also get that message on all new channels.
This is probably a stupid question, and you've probably already done this, but have you reset your box by pressing the red button next to the access card? Living in Florida, I experience frequent thunderstorms with occasional power outages from lightning. When the power comes back on in the middle of a severe storm, my receiver will boot up again and try to read info from the satellite while experiencing rain fade. This causes certain reception and configuration issues that are usually resolved by another reset once the storm subsides. Also, some receivers don't properly detect the dish type when starting up. Make sure your receiver is set to use the new 5 LNB dish you had installed. This can be done by pressing Help on your remote, then selecting Help & Settings > Setup > Sat & Ant > Repeat Satellite Setup.

Did anyone else notice their receivers automatically reset around 3:30 AM (EST)? Mine automatically reset itself during the climax of a movie I was watching on Starz HD. Talk about annoying! It reminded me of the Sopranos finale when everything goes dark at the end when you least expect it. I just hope it plays again soon. They should upgrade their receivers to prompt the viewer to reboot now or later, sort of like those annoying Windows Updates.

This is probably a stupid question, and you've probably already done this, but have you reset your box by pressing the red button next to the access card? Living in Florida, I experience frequent thunderstorms with occasional power outages from lightning. When the power comes back on in the middle of a severe storm, my receiver will boot up again and try to read info from the satellite while experiencing rain fade. This causes certain reception and configuration issues that are usually resolved by another reset once the storm subsides. Also, some receivers don't properly detect the dish type when starting up. Make sure your receiver is set to use the new 5 LNB dish you had installed. This can be done by pressing Help on your remote, then selecting Help & Settings > Setup > Sat & Ant > Repeat Satellite Setup.

Yes, I pressed the red button under the lower left door on the HR-20 twice. No help at all. And the antenna is set to the 5LNB dish.

Yes, I pressed the red button ...twice in fact. No. Help.
And the antenna is set to the 5LNB dish.

I have a feeling many people will be disappointed to learn that not all programming on the new HD channels is recorded in HD, and therefore will not look much better than the SD version. On a side note, has anyone noticed any artifacts (white dots or bars) on the very edges of the picture when displayed in 1080i? I have an HR20-700 connected via HDMI to a Sony 40" XBR2. Setting the picture size on the Sony to Normal (as opposed to Full Pixel) fixes the problem, but only by cropping the picture by about a dozen pixels. It's hardly anything to complain about, but I'm curious if others have noticed it as well.

People probably will be disappointed, but I don't think you can say that they won't look better than the SD versions. Maybe it's because the SD stations suck so badly, but I think the upconverted SD on the new HD stations is much better than the corresponding SD options, and is a decent use of those timeslots if the shows aren't created in actual HD.

I could probably do without the stretching, though... just upconvert and leave in its original aspect ratio...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)