IF you were the Marlins, whom would you go after..Pujols or Fielder?

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Marlins have been talking a big game about wanting to make a big splash with a signing or two to open up the new stadium next year. There has been heavy rumors all year about Pujols possibly coming here due to quite of few real estate properties he has bought for his family. Now, I read this and agreed:

It may seem like a silly thought to consider Fielder a better long-term option than Pujols, but it isn't completely ridiculous. Pujols will be 32 at the beginning of next season, while Fielder won't turn 28 until six weeks into the 2012 season.

And they more or less will be making/demanding the same amount of money.

I know it's very UNLIKELY that either of the two may land in Miami, but the same thing was said about another duo landing here for the HEAT...and they did.

SO, which would you chose?

Neither, because the Marlins would most likely be unable to afford any other good complimentary players around them.

Either one, if the goal is to simply get fans in the seats.

Pujols, fielder is a big fat tub of goo.

Albert is a better player offensively, defensively and a over all better person.

Considering Im a Mets fan, I hope neither one. But if I was one of the 700 fans that go to Marlins home games and if I was Marlins GM, I would go with Pujols. The guy is amazing and has had tremendous years. Fielder is good too but if it was me and Im going on stats, Im going with Pujols.

Neither, because the Marlins would most likely be unable to afford any other good complimentary players around them.

Either one, if the goal is to simply get fans in the seats.

I think their payroll will be close to $100 mil by the time they open the stadium for next year. They will more the be able to afford it because of the sweet deal the hoodwinked the local politicians out of.

Considering Im a Mets fan, I hope neither one. But if I was one of the 700 fans that go to Marlins home games and if I was Marlins GM, I would go with Pujols. The guy is amazing and has had tremendous years. Fielder is good too but if it was me and Im going on stats, Im going with Pujols.

I will assure you that most if not all of next season will be sellouts. I just bought a partial season ticket package and alot of what I wanted and was available 2 months ago is gone. There is ALOT of rumors swirls about a trade because Gabby Sanchez is a very good 1st basemen...and IF Albert were to be here...Gabby would not.

I think their payroll will be close to $100 mil by the time they open the stadium for next year. They will more the be able to afford it because of the sweet deal the hoodwinked the local politicians out of.

I thought the stadium was built completely with private funding? :confused:

Sandra

I thought the stadium was built completely with private funding? :confused:

Sandra

NNOOOO.... the Marlins brass put in approx. $160 million and the rest came from the city(approx. $15 million) and Miami-Dade County(approx. $350 million). The Marlins are responsible for all over expenditures above the total cost of approx. $525 million.

NNOOOO.... the Marlins brass put in approx. $160 million and the rest came from the city(approx. $15 million) and Miami-Dade County(approx. $350 million). The Marlins are responsible for all over expenditures above the total cost of approx. $525 million.

Strange...

Sandra

Why strange? I mean they did put in alot of money on their end as compared to most teams in the past...but they were not starving as they tried to portray...and then tried to spin that they were "saving money for the new stadium". Lying sacks of sh**! LOL!

Marlins more than profitable, records show - Sun Sentinel

I just thought you said otherwise a while ago. I may definitely be wrong. I've tried being pretty AND brilliant but it didn't work out...just had to settle for the pretty... :cool:

Sandra

SandraC said:
I just thought you said otherwise a while ago. I may definitely be wrong. I've tried being pretty AND brilliant but it didn't work out...just had to settle for the pretty... :cool:

Sandra

Actually, I stated they had put in the most ...but I was torn about the fact I wanted baseball in south Florida but not at the expense of holding the city, county and state hostage...like most ownerships do.

Actually, I stated they had put in the most ...but I was torn about the fact I wanted baseball in south Florida but not at the expense of holding the city, county and state hostage...like most ownerships do.

So wait...then they didn't put in the most? You said they hoodwinked the politicians into a sweet deal in this thread.

Sandra

So wait...then they didn't put in the most? You said they hoodwinked the politicians into a sweet deal in this thread.

Sandra
and forced tax payers to pay for this garbage that most don't want to see down here. i'm just glad they'll finally have their own stadium. who should they pick? how about neither? since they'll just get rid of one of those guys eventually. its what they do. its why they suck a$$. if they ever get back to the world series,ownership will just dismantle the team,again, the following season.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts