Illinois Tax Slide 2017

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Darin1234

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2012
Iowa
this channel (see thread title) shows up a few times in the 350s. It says I'm blacked out (I'm near Illinois, but not in Illinois) anybody know what this is or what it says? And does it show up everywhere or just near Illinois? I assume it's something telling you to call your governor or state senator to beg they not tax DIRECTV more..

The slide reads:

"Warning Today, Illinois state lawmakers are considering a big, new tax on satellite TV, including DIRECTV. You can help STOP it at NoTVTax.com If you live in Illinois this tax would increase your DIRECTV bill. Help stop it at NoTvTax.com"

It's kind of annoying that it shows up as many times as it does in the 300's.

The slide reads:

"Warning Today, Illinois state lawmakers are considering a big, new tax on satellite TV, including DIRECTV. You can help STOP it at NoTVTax.com If you live in Illinois this tax would increase your DIRECTV bill. Help stop it at NoTvTax.com"

It's kind of annoying that it shows up as many times as it does in the 300's.
Just as I suspected, and not really a surprise.
I live in the Chicago, Illinois area. I haven't seen any message like that on any of my channels.
They show up as entirely separate channels. Like there's one on 359-1 next to fox business. Perhaps you have a customized guide so new channels don't automatically pop up?

I use a favorites list and the one on Fox Business just showed up on my list, I didn't add it. Very strange.

Looking through the all channels list - MY GOODNESS. How is that acceptable? It's everywhere! It even has it's own channel on 343 and has a second channel on 352 that isn't NASA..

Just as I suspected, and not really a surprise.

They show up as entirely separate channels. Like there's one on 359-1 next to fox business. Perhaps you have a customized guide so new channels don't automatically pop up?
Yes, you are correct I do use a customized guide. I wonder what else have I missed using a customized guide.

Anyone with the channel in Illinois that can send me a recording of the channel?
Here 2017-02-09 16.12.52.jpg you go

Reactions: KP16
I have Dish, and every couple of years I have received an e-mail from Dish saying the same thing. This time it is a 5.75% tax, not just on satellite tv, but also landscaping and car repairs. And the "today" doesn't refer to the literal today, it is over the course of the month the senate will vote on it. I don't know what day they will or even if it will be brought to vote.

Same here, I've gotten the email now and then. Illinois is broke and this is just some of the ways they are looking for dough. Last I heard it still isn't going anywhere, just like the budget.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)